Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gronkowski Says The Broncos Cheated To Win Super Bowl 50

http://www.sports-wheel.com/rob-gron...super-bowl-50/

Gronk appeared on a local sports podcast yesterday and he had a few words for the Denver Broncos. The radio host was asking Gronk a series of questions about how last years season ended and this is what he had to say.

“The Broncos only won Super Bowl 50 because they cheated. If you watch that play in the AFC championship game where it was 4th and 6 in the 4th quarter Aqib Talib was holding me or else I would have scored and we would have won. I saw it, everyone saw it, except for the refs.”

This was the play Gronkowski is talking about and he says they have the photo to prove it.

sigpic

Hooray, beer!

His push-off-on-every-route tears are DELICIOUS
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Says the guy who threw Chris Harris to the ground on the TD catch...
      sigpic

Adopted Posters:
      Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
      Adopted By:
      Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
      Broncbeat

Comment

Ward is gonna end his career.
        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
        sigpic

Comment

Poor Gronkie Bonkie.

Comment

Yeah, it's always wise for a Team that has a long history of "cheating", that lost their 2016 1st Round Draft choice because of "cheating", and will be without their starting QB for the first four Games of the 2016 season because of "cheating", to bring up the subject of "Cheating" with which they are so familiar.

Gronk may be a great tight end, but he's about as sharp as a bag of wet hair.

Comment

Who wants to remind Gronk that if they scored, they would have tied the score, not won the game?

Comment

I read the title of the thread to my daughter, the Pats fan. All she could say was "Wow". Shook her head and said "Wow" again.

Just to let you all know, this thread might end up in Smack. I just have this feeling.

Right now, it is being moved to the Wire.
                Last edited by Peanut; 05-22-2016, 08:48 PM.
                Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                  http://www.sports-wheel.com/rob-gron...super-bowl-50/

Gronk appeared on a local sports podcast yesterday and he had a few words for the Denver Broncos. The radio host was asking Gronk a series of questions about how last years season ended and this is what he had to say.

The Broncos only won Super Bowl 50 because they cheated. If you watch that play in the AFC championship game where it was 4th and 6 in the 4th quarter Aqib Talib was holding me or else I would have scored and we would have won. I saw it, everyone saw it, except for the refs.”

This was the play Gronkowski is talking about and he says they have the photo to prove it.

It takes one to know one.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

The calls or non calls of the referees is PART OF THE GAME.
                    -
                    What, was Talib supposed to walk over to the ref and tell him to throw a flag?
                    Has Gronk EVER done that himself? Asked the ref to flag himself? Nope.
                    So Gronk holds Talib to a higher standard than himself.
                    -
                    Typical hypocrite crybaby.
                    -
                    Do as I say, not as I do.
                    There's a lot of that going around...
                    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

I have since done some research on this play since I posted here and found some interesting stuff.

1) Actions that do not constitute pass interference include:

- Contact by a a defender who has gained position on a receiver in an attempt to catch the ball.

Talib jumps first as he tries to catch the ball, so the ref might have decided that he had gained position. Gronk jumps into Talib as he tries to make the catch.

- Incidental contact when both players are competing for the ball

Talib is clearly going for the ball

2) Also, for him to catch that ball given the position he was in might have been scientifically impossible. Keo would have prevented him from getting his arms together, so he would have had to spear that ball with palm with two defenders covering him. Don't know if that has ever happened in the history of the league. In an AFC championship game, do you really want the ref to throw a flag on a play that 99.99999999999 would have been incomplete even without the contact?

3) Last year, the Patriots were trailing the Seahawks in the Super Bowl 24-21. Lockette beat Butler on a pass route on first and ten. Butler tripped him, preventing him from making the catch. It would have been at least a first down, and possibly more, because Lockette had lots of open field in front of him. But the Seahawks did not complain about that.
                      Last edited by dolphinsneu; 05-22-2016, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                        Who wants to remind Gronk that if they scored, they would have tied the score, not won the game?
                        They would have needed a two point conversion to tie the score. Then, the Broncos would have gotten the ball back with a chance to drive down the field for a game winning field goal.

Comment

Anyway, the Broncos were on the wrong end of several calls against the Ravens in the divisional playoff game a couple years ago, so maybe they were due anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                            Yeah, it's always wise for a Team that has a long history of "cheating", that lost their 2016 1st Round Draft choice because of "cheating", and will be without their starting QB for the first four Games of the 2016 season because of "cheating", to bring up the subject of "Cheating" with which they are so familiar.

Gronk may be a great tight end, but he's about as sharp as a bag of wet hair.
                            Well said!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Not having something called in the course of the game isn't cheating. Otherwise you could say that Gronkowski cheats on just about every play where he pushes off.

Cheating constitutes things like recording other team's signals, taking balls from the official's locker room without permission and then taking them to a bathroom, messing with the other team's ability to use headsets etc. A missed call is not cheating.

Comment

Working...
                              X