Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paxton Lynch most accurate FBS quarterback under pressure

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/5...under-pressure

Hopefully Paxton can bring that accuracy to the NFL level.
    sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

The more and more I read up on Lynch the more I like the pick.

Watched the special he did with Gruden...Lynch does seem to have what it takes to be a special qb
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Assassin27 View Post
      http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/5...under-pressure

Hopefully Paxton can bring that accuracy to the NFL level.
      We'll see how that translates to the NFL where defenses are head-and-shoulders above anything in college.

I think Lynch can mature in to something special but he needs time. Nearly every analyst agrees, Lynch included, his footwork is sloppy. Of course, the college offense he ran didn't require good footwork to go through his progressions but it sure as heck does now.

There is not another coach I'd rather see him under than the likes of Kubiak. I hope Lynch remains humble and open to learn even when it gets tough, because it will as the expectations are so much higher at this level.

Comment

I hope all the hype doesn't Lynch forced onto the field too soon.
        I hope Siemien gets a fair shot this season as a starter!

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
          We'll see how that translates to the NFL where defenses are head-and-shoulders above anything in college.

I think Lynch can mature in to something special but he needs time. Nearly every analyst agrees, Lynch included, his footwork is sloppy. Of course, the college offense he ran didn't require good footwork to go through his progressions but it sure as heck does now.

There is not another coach I'd rather see him under than the likes of Kubiak. I hope Lynch remains humble and open to learn even when it gets tough, because it will as the expectations are so much higher at this level.
          Right. The increase in defensive speed and complexity is greater between college and pro than between any other levels.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
            Siemian's chance to be the starter went away when the Broncos moved up to get Lynch. That alone tells you they don't think of him as an answer at quarterback.
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              Right. The increase in defensive speed and complexity is greater between college and pro than between any other levels.
              I'd also argue strength & technique are equally different from College to Pro. Arm tackles which would never have resulted in WR's or RB's being brought down often work at the NFL level. Lynch may think he is putting his player in a position to just run through a guy when in fact his guy is the one who gets run through or brought down far faster due to an arm tackle or simply just better tackling technique in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
                The reps are being split between all three QBs. That gives him as good a chance as any.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                  Siemian's chance to be the starter went away when the Broncos moved up to get Lynch. That alone tells you they don't think of him as an answer at quarterback.
                  I'd have to agree with you on this for sure.
                  Yet, I believe that sometime during the season Sanchez gets injured or plays bad for a stretch and Trevor is the one that goes in before Paxton. I would be thinking they are going to be quite conservative with the playing time Lynch gets. I wouldn't be surprised either if he doesn't see the field this year in any meaningful way (like Trevor last year).
                  Canadian Denver Bronco Fan Club #60

Comment

It's a big deal. Accuracy, or really efficiency, under pressure. It is yet to be seen wether Pax can make the transition from college to pro. But in the pros it really is a big deal. There was a chart posted in an article some time ago comparing QBR (I think) as pressured versus unpressured and it was very interesting. Russ Wilson was way up there. Kap was rated pretty highly as well but the chart was done with data over multiple seasons so it includes the games he played in where he was actually quite effective. I'll see if I can dig it up.
                    Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

That's a bit of a stretch.

Comment

Ah, here it is. This is a measure of the drop in QBR for many NFL QB's when faced with pressure. It is based on stats from 2009 through 2015. It's important to remember that some of these QB's had distinctive up and down swings in performance over this time period so take it with a grain of salt. It is also based on QBR, which is questionable. With that being said it does demonstrate-to a degree-how important it can be to have a QB that handles pressure well:

Comment

Denver carried three QBs last year. Manning retired and Osweiler left in free agency. That left Trevor who was a rookie seventh round pick in 2015.

Elway & Co. traded for Mark Sanchez, but wanted another QB to replace the ones they lost. They announced that the QB position would be open competition.

The opportunity was there for RGIII, Kaepernick, Fitz and others, but nothing happened before the draft. As expected, Jared Goff and Carson Wentz went #1 and #2. When the Jets passed on Paxton Lynch at #20, Denver was able to move up five spots and it only cost swapping #31 for #26 and #94 which wasn't so bad since they still had the #98 compensatory pick.

Then, they had the three guys to compete with each other sharing the reps as evenly as the coaches can make them. Sounds to me like Trevor Siemian is being given as much of a chance to win the job as the other two.

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                            Ah, here it is. This is a measure of the drop in QBR for many NFL QB's when faced with pressure. It is based on stats from 2009 through 2015. It's important to remember that some of these QB's had distinctive up and down swings in performance over this time period so take it with a grain of salt. It is also based on QBR, which is questionable. With that being said it does demonstrate-to a degree-how important it can be to have a QB that handles pressure well:

Looks like mobility is a factor at least as far as this presentation is concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              Looks like mobility is a factor at least as far as this presentation is concerned.
                              Yeah, I think mobility is huge. If you can combine mobility with good decision making then you've got something. If you can combine mobility, good decision making, and an Offense that benefits from QB movement then you might have something special. Expecting early Kap performance from Pax is probably a reasonable thing. I would hope that the Broncos are expecting more than that though. Can he develop a style (or skillset) that is more like a Russel Wilson? I honestly don't know.

Comment

Working...
                              X