Paxton Lynch most accurate FBS quarterback under pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
    Yeah, I think mobility is huge. If you can combine mobility with good decision making then you've got something. If you can combine mobility, good decision making, and an Offense that benefits from QB movement then you might have something special. Expecting early Kap performance from Pax is probably a reasonable thing. I would hope that the Broncos are expecting more than that though. Can he develop a style (or skillset) that is more like a Russel Wilson? I honestly don't know.
    On the Zone Series, the QB should take Boot Course after each meshpoint whether it's give or not. All three QBs should be able to excel at that bread and butter look of Kubiak's O. Now that Denver has Fullbacks, one might expect to see some angle blocked rushing series as well. All run plays should have a play-action companion. If approximately half the plays are run and half the pass attempts are play-action, straight pocket passing shouldn't dominate what Kubiak will be asking of his QBs.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      On the Zone Series, the QB should take Boot Course after each meshpoint whether it's give or not. All three QBs should be able to excel at that bread and butter look of Kubiak's O. Now that Denver has Fullbacks, one might expect to see some angle blocked rushing series as well. All run plays should have a play-action companion. If approximately half the plays are run and half the pass attempts are play-action, straight pocket passing shouldn't dominate what Kubiak will be asking of his QBs.
      I'm not sure about Sanchez's mobility. I don't recall him being unusually mobile but I also don't recall it being a problem for him. Pax is very obviously effective on the move. What surprised me was how good Siemian looked. I found him to be remarkably fluid, he's a lot better on the move than I was giving him credit for. I think the bolded part in your post is key. Hard for your D to rush a spot when "the spot" doesn't exist.
      Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
        I'm not sure about Sanchez's mobility. I don't recall him being unusually mobile but I also don't recall it being a problem for him. Pax is very obviously effective on the move. What surprised me was how good Siemian looked. I found him to be remarkably fluid, he's a lot better on the move than I was giving him credit for. I think the bolded part in your post is key. Hard for your D to rush a spot when "the spot" doesn't exist.
        NFL Draft Scout's report on Mark Sanchez in 2009 said, "When healthy, showed surprising mobility for his size. Can evade the pass rush and will scramble if the defense gives free yards. Rare accuracy on the rollout. Squares his shoulders and can fire the ball with consistency and accuracy."

Every decent defense at every level will want to stop the run because they know bad things will happen if they don't. Denver's pass defense is well known and they led the league in sacks. Their run D is sometimes neglected. They were third in yards allowed, first in ypa, thirteenth in attempts defended and tied for tenth in rushing TDs allowed.

Stopping the run on D is as basic as running the ball on O. If about half the plays are run and half the pass attempts are play-action, three out of every four plays look like run to the D. A formula like that may be what Kubiak has in mind for this season.

My recollection of Siemian in preseason games last year was that he was mobile and accurate when throwing from Boot Course. He was still rehabbing a knee injury at the time. He should be better now.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
        X