Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos rookie Booker: I'm here to 'take someone's job,' not carry pads

http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1030607

I'm a little torn about his statement about "taking someone's job, not carrying pads"

Part of me wants to say its great because he wants to win and lead. The other part thinks that his attitude is a bit nasty and is a little concerned about him not having a positive attitude and good locker-room etiquette.

I'm curious to hear what others think. Does anyone else feel it's concerning or am I over-analyzing it?

As long as he understands that he will be carrying pads, you have to love his confidence.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
      As long as he understands that he will be carrying pads, you have to love his confidence.
      Confidence is not a bad thing.
      sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
      Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
      PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
        http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1030607

I'm a little torn about his statement about "taking someone's job, not carrying pads"

Part of me wants to say its great because he wants to win and lead. The other part thinks that his attitude is a bit nasty and is a little concerned about him not having a positive attitude and good locker-room etiquette.

I'm curious to hear what others think. Does anyone else feel it's concerning or am I over-analyzing it?
        If CJ says he's fine with it and Kubes says he's fine with it as long as it translates to the field than I'm fine with it too.

Perhaps he's a little too eager for some but he'll learn how one acts as a rookie and what being a positive team mate is. The veteran leadership will make sure that he does.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

From what I heard, his whole statement on taking jobs was blown out of proportion. Though it was said, it appears that it was more of a click-bait attempt to make Booker's moment of confidence into a 'big deal'. I am sure as the camps go on, he'll learn his place and keep competing for number one.

Comment

I do not find his comments too eager but I do think he is really setting himself up to fail. I think Heath Evans said it best on NFLN the other day when this story first broke out. There is a difference in stating that "I want to be a starter in the NFL and I know and understand that I have a long way to go and that I need to put in a lot of work to get there still." and a comment like what Booker made. A comment like that would and should IMO - solicit comments from EVERY one of his teammates when he runs the wrong route, drops a pass, fumbles a run, gets brought down by a player on a play he really shouldn't have...."Hey Rook...not gonna take anyone job with that level of play".

Perhaps he will overshadow CJ and perhaps he will take over the starting job....perhaps. Thinking it and blurting it aloud before ever playing an NFL down - IMO isn't the wisest move for a Rookie and IMO does not help the team in any way, shape or form.

Comment

Does anyone have a problem with the story of Peyton telling a team if they didn't draft him he'd spend the next 15 years kicking their ass? Granted he was a top pick and a no brainer, and Booker is just a 4th rounder.

I have no issue with confidence as long as he backs it up and is a good teammate. The way Kubes has been swooning over Kapri so far, CJ's big contract, and the money they just gave to Hillman, he's got a tough road to hoe.
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

he was drafted to take a job... So good on him.. Now he has to go take one..
                sigpic

Comment

I don't really have a problem with it but I think he should have chosen his words wisely. He doesn't know what kind of locker room he is entering and he runs the risk of alienating himself from players before he even gets there. It also puts and unnecessary target on him. This team just won a SB together the guys are close alot of those guys maybe favor CJ even Hillman and here comes a tough talking rookie who hasn't earned his stripes yet. Obviously everyone's out to take the next mans job but some things are best left unsaid. I'm trying to take a few peoples jobs where I work at now but I'm not gonna go saying it.

Comment

I like it. That is the attitude he should have.
                    Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

A lack of "humility" is a HUGE defect of character.

I'm not sure it applies here. In any case, I'm a thousand times more concerned with his knee, as a meniscus tear can be extremely problematic.

Comment

It'd be a problem if Jon Fox were our head coach.

Comment

I'd be concerned if he DIDN'T have this attitude, if he wasn't confident enough and willing to work hard enough to go take someone's job. This is football, not tea time.
                          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                          sigpic

Comment

He has a chip on his shoulder. Last season we had a defense where every player had a chip on their shoulder and look how it turned out. Coming into this season, it appears the defense has an even bigger chip and that is bleeding over to the offense. CJ came in and took someone's job (really 2 "someones"). So if Booker is good enough to do the same thing, it makes us that much better.

Now that he put it out there, he's gotta back it up. I don't mind what he said, just as long as we see the work behind it. Booker and CJ should give us a Williams/Stewart RB combo that can punch any defense in the "mouf"!!!!!
                            #swapping

Comment

"Anyone concerned with Booker's attitude?" Yes, Ronnie Hillman.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X