Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aqib Talib says he gave Osweiler 'fair warning' not to leave Denver for more money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    I mean Talib did chase the money but his contract is a relative steal when you look at what other CB's are getting these days.

Norman, Janoris Jenkins, among some others.
    As he said I went for the money and found out playing on a bottom feeder wAs not fun so he is now having fun and still being paid well for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
      As he said I went for the money and found out playing on a bottom feeder wAs not fun so he is now having fun and still being paid well for it.
      What bottom feeder did he choose to go to? Drafted by TB, signed with Pats, signed with Broncos...

He never went to a bottom feeder team for money...
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
        I mean Talib did chase the money but his contract is a relative steal when you look at what other CB's are getting these days.

Norman, Janoris Jenkins, among some others.
        We have Talib a fair deal for a top CB.

When Elway tends to be more cautious is when a guy wants to set the highest mark of some kind.

Iirc one of the reasons we paid Talib....like Wolfe....is there are per game incentives. Elway is also more inclined to pay when there is protection for the team in the contract.

Elway will probably never be truly understood because what he does is complicated and does not fit into a 1 or 2 sentence internet point.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Gotta give it to Talib for that statement. It's easy to peg him as a witless thug that's all about the money, but as usual there's more than meets the eye. Glad to have him as one of our CB's
          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Working...
          X