Broncos wide receiver Cody Latimer arrested on Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos wide receiver Cody Latimer arrested on Monday

What the heck is "improper lighting? Another forgetful guy it seems like. Didn't Von have trouble remembering court dates. However I'm glad he was smart enough to contact the police and not let a potential domestic incident get out of control.

http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Bronco...onday-45578594

Failing to pay a minor traffic ticket landed Broncos wide receiver Cody Latimer in jail on Monday.

Latimer actually contacted police around 2:40 a.m. to say his girlfriend “put her hands on him," according to 9News. The Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office checked out both Latimer and his girlfriend, Jaimee Rando, and discovered he never paid a ticket for improper lighting. He received that ticket in March 2015 and missed his court date the next month, leading to a warrant for his arrest.

The third-year pro paid just more than $300 to get out of the county jail. Rando was arrested for assault and disturbing the peace, per 9News, but Latimer bailed her out on Tuesday.

The Indiana product did not attend Tuesday's practice as the Broncos complete offseason team activities. Coach Gary Kubiak was vague about why the wide receiver was missing, saying only it was a personal matter.

Latimer likely forgot about the ticket altogether until Monday. His arrest pertained only to this ticket, not the incident early Monday morning.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Improper lighting? Like purple LEDs for headlights? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by IAMRED View Post
      Improper lighting? Like purple LEDs for headlights? Lol
      Like no headlights.

Comment

Another bust by Elway
        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Improper lighting on a trailer he was towing...
          so Klis said on the radio.
          - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Elway hits on defensive picks far better than offensive picks, at least on the outside looking in.

3 TEs - JT, Virgil Green, Heuerman with JT maybe the best of them, maybe??? 2 WRs - Latimer, Tavarres King. 2 RBs - Ball, Hillman.

Your best wideouts have come from the McDaniels era - DT, Decker, Royal and in free agency - Sanders lately.

Either the drafting ain't good or development ain't as good as the defensive players, it has to be one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by chad72 View Post
              Elway hits on defensive picks far better than offensive picks, at least on the outside looking in.

3 TEs - JT, Virgil Green, Heuerman with JT maybe the best of them, maybe??? 2 WRs - Latimer, Tavarres King. 2 RBs - Ball, Hillman.

Your best wideouts have come from the McDaniels era - DT, Decker, Royal and in free agency - Sanders lately.

Either the drafting ain't good or development ain't as good as the defensive players, it has to be one of those.
              Royal is from the Shanny era I believe.
              sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
              Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
              PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Comment

Originally posted by Assassin27 View Post
                Royal is from the Shanny era I believe.
                Royal was the last shanny draft class along side Clady.

Comment

I just don't get these guys who get tickets and blow them off then wind up in much bigger trouble. How hard can it be? If a guy (and hopefully college graduate) is smart enough to memorize a modern day offensive playbook, shouldn't he be smart enough to pay a traffic ticket on time and stay out of jail
                  Last edited by Dennis.1960; 05-31-2016, 08:53 PM.
                  "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                  PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                  LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Football creates such a busy schedule that players overlook everything else, and because they graduated from college don't make them grown up.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
                      I just don't get these guys who get tickets and blow them off then wind up in much bigger trouble. How hard can it be? If a guy (and hopefully college graduate) is smart enough to memorize a modern day offensive playbook, shouldn't he be smart enough to pay a traffic ticket on time and stay out of jail
                      I know many people who live in the tough urban areas of Los Angeles....nearly every single one of them have one...two...or more...outstanding court issues.

If every adult a child knows does not take something serious chances are when that child is an adult they will not take it serious either.

That applies to a great many things people not on those areas of town consider "common sense"

Having spent the last six years helping people in those areas I am amazed at things I really never realized I learned...things I just considered part of living life...that others do not learn.
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                        I know many people who live in the tough urban areas of Los Angeles....nearly every single one of them have one...two...or more...outstanding court issues.

If every adult a child knows does not take something serious chances are when that child is an adult they will not take it serious either.

That applies to a great many things people not on those areas of town consider "common sense"

Having spent the last six years helping people in those areas I am amazed at things I really never realized I learned...things I just considered part of living life...that others do not learn.
                        Great points. Sadly in my line of work I have seen a similar indifferent attitude towards taking care of the minor details of life until they are not minor anymore.

Still amazes me though when athletes (or any adult) still get caught up in stupid crap like this. It is not like they did not know they had a ticket. Pay it and move on. Even if Latimer shrugs off the embarrassment what about the inconvenience and perception of being clueless at his place of business.

He is potentially on the fence of even making the team. Getting arrested for silly stuff does not help his cause.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                          He is potentially on the fence of even making the team. Getting arrested for silly stuff does not help his cause.
                          Ya, it's not like he can even claim some tough-guy-street-cred for being arrested...it was an unpaid parking ticket
                          "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                          PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                          LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Just another day in the NFL......at some point you wonder what guidance they are getting from their teams, or what is it they choose to not adhere to.

(Yah, I don't get how these things keep happening???? Almost an indifference to the basics of law.)
                            Last edited by CanDB; 06-01-2016, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Full disclosure: I did the same thing when I was in my early 20's. Not lighting but a registration issue for a car I was driving. I wasn't arrested. I got a notice of a bench warrant in the mail-and freaked out. It was a very minor incident and I took care of it. I was working 70-80 hours a week at the time and I actually did completely forget about it. Yeah, it's a stupid thing to do. Sometimes stuff happens.
                              Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Working...
                              X