Aqib Talib shot in Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    Presumption of innocence only applies to the judicial system. We as fans are entirely free to feel one way or the other about a public figure. I agree with JJBroncoFan that Talib has lost the benefit of the doubt after three off the field incidents and at least two on the field incidents. With Aqib, we know that he has violated multiple Texas gun laws. People still trying to defend him on this incident is really unsettling. I have always been critical of Steelers fans for defending Ben Roethlisberger's crimes. Broncos fans should not be apologists. We are better than that.
    I'm a big believer in treating others as you would expect to be treated. If you had some troubles in your life, would you prefer everyone write you off too?

If it were me in his shoes I would sure as heck want people to give me the benefit of the doubt, if you are being honest, you would too. Maybe that makes me to nice, but I'm going to the same standard I would hope to be held to in his position.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      It was very much intentional.
      Hey I forgot to say thanks for the "has no leg to stand on" that was a good one

Comment

• Are the facts of this whole case still:
        Police Report: AqibTalib victim of Aggravated Assault?

I've read rumors but Talib is not in jail for a reason, he either hasn't been convicted of a crime or he is innocent.
        I understand everyone wants to share their opinion on what they think of Talib. The thing is Talib is his own man and has the right to live his life how he wants, to him hanging out with his friends and family may be what he wants in life and football is just his job.
        Last edited by 58Miller; 06-08-2016, 04:34 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
          Are the facts of this whole case still:

I've read rumors but Talib is not in jail for a reason, he either hasn't been convicted of a crime or he is innocent.
          I understand everyone wants to share their opinion on what they think of Talib. The thing is Talib is his own man and has the right to live his life how he wants, to him hanging out with his friends and family is what he wants in life and football is just his job.
          Right. He left Texas and is in Colorado now. Doesn't sound like a suspect.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
            Are the facts of this whole case still:

I understand everyone wants to share their opinion on what they think of Talib. The thing is Talib is his own man and has the right to live his life how he wants, to him hanging out with his friends and family is what he wants in life and football is just his job.
            According to WFAA in Dallas, police continue investigating the shooting. Talib is the "complainant" on the police report - he is stating he was the victim of aggravated assault. This does not definitively mean he was the victim of aggravated assault. The investigators may or may not be able to sort out what actually happened.

As we know Talib has been in trouble before and charges dropped. This could be a case where nothing happens or it turns against him.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              Right. He left Texas and is in Colorado now. Doesn't sound like a suspect.
              Odds are he is not because they did not arrest him or ask him to voluntarily stay in Texas. If the investigators find strong evidence contradicting his story they know where to find him

Comment

Working...
              X