Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Von said Broncos have made progress on a new deal

@JamesPalmerTV
    Von Miller said they (Broncos and his representation) have made real progress over the last couple of days regarding a new contract.

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    @JamesPalmerTV
    Von Miller said they (Broncos and his representation) have made real progress over the last couple of days regarding a new contract.
    This is great news and portends a quick resolution.
    :logo:Super Bowl Bound! AGAIN!! :smash:

Comment

Deal will be done on the deadline, just like they always are.
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Elway said the goal was to have Von, Marshall, and Hemanuel locked up by mid july.
        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

I have a sense that this will get done sooner than later. With all the cap issues they had to deal with, all along I believe strongly that Von was their #1 priority this offseason. He is that valuable to us, and he has earned the right to be one of the highest paid players in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
            Elway said the goal was to have Von, Marshall, and Hemanuel locked up by mid july.
            Cant really get to Marshall/Sanders until Von gets done.

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/here-s-...041230559.html

Very interesting article some key points for those who can't see it:

Miller has gone down from his 22m a year asking price, but will still match or exceed Suh

Denver will likely front loaded Miller's deal given our good cap situation coming up, that way later on we can extend a QB, and restructure Miller's deal

Author says Denver could still be big FA spenders next year, and that's still with locking up Marshall and Sanders, although I don't necessarily agree with that point.

Comment

Broncos proposed 6-yr, $114.5M deal to Von Miller that includes $39.8M gtd in first 2 years, per sources close to Denver. No deal in sight.

Comment

Just bump his GTD money up to 50 mill and i bet he signs.
                  sigpic

Comment

Not to say it can't get done, but it will be very difficult for Denver and Von Miller to reach long-term agreement by July 15 deadline.-Schefter

Add up franchise tag money over next two years. That's what the Broncos will offer. #Von #Broncos-Vic

Von wants to be the highest paid def. player in gtd & yearly avg. #Broncos have him under tag for '16. This seems like it'll go to deadline.-Cameron Wolfe

Comment

Broncos proposed 6-yr, $114.5M deal to Von Miller that includes $39.8M gtd in first 2 years, per sources close to Denver. No deal in sight.
                      The average would be highest and 4th highest guaranteed for defensiveplayers in the league
                      sigpic

Comment

#Broncos 6-year, $114.5M to Von tops Suh's $114.375M but not sure if total gtd tops Suh's $59.995M. Even if it does Von may still want more.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                          The average would be highest and 4th highest guaranteed for defensiveplayers in the league
                          IMO the issue is GTD money, which is pretty much the same for every contract. Denver needs to beat the Suh contract in that regard IMO.

Comment

IMO the issue is GTD money, which is pretty much the same for every contract. Denver needs to beat the Suh contract in that regard IMO.
                            Suh has $60M so Denver would have to come up $20M in guaranteed to beat it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well very bad news

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...nver/85605056/

Contract talks between the Denver Broncos and their star linebacker Von Miller have broken off.

The Broncos set a deadline of 10 p.m. Tuesday to reach an agreement on a long-term contract with Miller, who was the MVP of the team’s Super Bowl 50 win in February.
                              Absent an agreement, the Broncos have withdrawn their multiyear contract proposal, leaving Miller to play the 2016 season on his $14.129 million franchise tag.

Comment

Working...
                              X