Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Von (maybe ?) Threatening To Hold Out 2016 Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Black Knight View Post
    I think miller did this to himself. He talked about team, about love of the game, about wanting to be a Bronco, then slammed the door in the Broncos face. Frankly, if he decides to sit out 2016, he may be done as most teams do not want trouble makers and with the loss of a season (by not playing) I don't think he will get the contract he wants. Frankly I am not sure he is worth it now. Don't get me wrong, he is a great player, but it appears he is a Me, Me, Me person and the team is second.
    Some analysts believe his value would go up if he holds out. Teams would get a 1st and 3rd round pick however that is not as valuable as a proven player like Von.

    Von is not a "trouble maker" for wanting more guaranteed money. We all act in our own self-interest - Von is no different. Self-interest is not he same as selfish.

    Elway and Von exchanged several proposals through Saturday and they were scheduled to meet today.

    The current offer reportedly guarantees $61 mil over three years. Elway is likely reaching the upper limit of how far he'll go Von's way.

    We'll know soon...

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Black Knight View Post
      I think miller did this to himself. He talked about team, about love of the game, about wanting to be a Bronco, then slammed the door in the Broncos face. Frankly, if he decides to sit out 2016, he may be done as most teams do not want trouble makers and with the loss of a season (by not playing) I don't think he will get the contract he wants. Frankly I am not sure he is worth it now. Don't get me wrong, he is a great player, but it appears he is a Me, Me, Me person and the team is second.
      I think this is an old report and the two sides have exchanged different contracts since.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

      Comment


      • Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
        I think this is an old report and the two sides have exchanged different contracts since.
        From June 8th...Before negotiations opened back up.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • If Von sits out, is he still subject to random drug tests?

          Comment


          • http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-wide-problem/

            Miller claims that his issue isn’t about the money. His issue is that the franchise tag is inherently unfair to NFL players because it restricts their ability to find out their true market value.

            “I’ve never really played for money,” Miller said. “It’s bigger than that for me. It’s a league-wide problem that I feel like I’m in a situation to help out with.”

            The NFLPA agreed to these terms with owners. Rookies have attorneys and agents making them aware of every aspect of the contract they are signing especially when its a top 10 over all pick. Von knew what he was signing into with the broncos when he entered the league. He didnt need to enter the draft or agree to the original terms with the broncos if he felt a franchise tag would be unfair if he was ever dealt one.

            Im not hating on Von but im hating on the situation. Unfortunately the NFL is headed for a lock out down the road and this is just the start.

            Comment


            • It's not a league wide problem. Not that many players get franchised yearly, a very small number of a players have been franchised over the last few years. It's just a few players trying to get what they think they deserve. I don't think there's any way Von sits all year. I think if he doesn't sign with us Elway will trade him. I'm good with whatever, it's a business. Both sides will exist without the other.

              Comment


              • I hope Elway just trades him ASAP. Von is a great dude, but not a leader imo. If it was millers play and D Wares character in one player, then maybe I could agree with the amount. But Von is not going to all of a sudden become DeMarcus just because he got incredibly rich. I think maybe it could be the other way around....

                Comment


                • Originally posted by sweden4broncos View Post
                  I hope Elway just trades him ASAP. Von is a great dude, but not a leader imo. If it was millers play and D Wares character in one player, then maybe I could agree with the amount. But Von is not going to all of a sudden become DeMarcus just because he got incredibly rich. I think maybe it could be the other way around....
                  We've already said we won't trade him, plus we can't trade him unless he signs a contract...
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Ok, frey. I just want whats best for the franchise. Denver (unlike Stockholm where I live) is a football town, and football (unlike soccer) is a sport where character plays a major part. Character is what got me interested in sports in the first place. My all time favorite player is Karl Mecklenburg, very much because of his character. I love watching Von play because of his unbelievable speed and playmaking ability. That being said, I don't believe we win the super bowl without the leadership from DWare and Peyton. To me they are both players (DWare even more so) that carry a franchise in all aspects, not just sacking the QB.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by sweden4broncos View Post
                      Ok, frey. I just want whats best for the franchise. Denver (unlike Stockholm where I live) is a football town, and football (unlike soccer) is a sport where character plays a major part. Character is what got me interested in sports in the first place. My all time favorite player is Karl Mecklenburg, very much because of his character. I love watching Von play because of his unbelievable speed and playmaking ability. That being said, I don't believe we win the super bowl without the leadership from DWare and Peyton. To me they are both players (DWare even more so) that carry a franchise in all aspects, not just sacking the QB.
                      The best players on a team are not always the leaders
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • Probably wont be a deal today..
                        look for it around noon tomorrow.
                        -
                        If it happens today.. great... just relax.
                        - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

                        Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
                          Probably wont be a deal today..
                          look for it around noon tomorrow.
                          -
                          If it happens today.. great... just relax.
                          If it's going to happen at this point you are right, it'll be at the last second. My confidence that the deal is going to get done is dropping though.

                          Guess that's what I get for buying a Von Miller jersey right after the SB.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                            The best players on a team are not always the leaders
                            Well, while all of the best players on a given team may not be leaders, the leaders must be among the best players or they have no clout.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by sweden4broncos View Post
                              Ok, frey. I just want whats best for the franchise. Denver (unlike Stockholm where I live) is a football town, and football (unlike soccer) is a sport where character plays a major part. Character is what got me interested in sports in the first place. My all time favorite player is Karl Mecklenburg, very much because of his character. I love watching Von play because of his unbelievable speed and playmaking ability. That being said, I don't believe we win the super bowl without the leadership from DWare and Peyton. To me they are both players (DWare even more so) that carry a franchise in all aspects, not just sacking the QB.
                              Sure. Leadership is intangible and is only fully known within the walls of the locker room. It may be that Peyton Manning's leadership was something without which Denver couldn't have won the Super Bowl. The Denver Broncos may have sensed that this was Manning's last season and wanted to send him out as a winner.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                                If Von sits out, is he still subject to random drug tests?
                                Yes. There was a story a few years ago of a player being suspended (I think it was Brandon Browner) who was suspended because he didn't take some random NFL drug tests while he was playing in Canada, and all misses become positives. Unless Miller puts in his retirement papers, he's still subject to random drug tests.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X