Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver shifts negotiations to Sanders and Marshall

http://www.9news.com/mb/sports/nfl/d...hall/238417971

"ENGLEWOOD—Contracts talks with Von Miller have broken off.
    Next.
    The Denver Broncos never stop conducting business. The team is now engaged in contract extension negotiations with receiver Emmanuel Sanders and inside linebacker Brandon Marshall.
    The Broncos sent Sanders a contract proposal last week and agent Todd France recently sent back a counter.
    “Obviously, my heart is in Denver, this city has been so good to me beyond what I can explain,” Sanders told 9NEWS’ Rod Mackey. “From the Broncos Huddle, being with you, to going out and seeing in my first year having so many jerseys, and having so many fans out here in this market. It’s just great to me.
    “Who knows what’s going to happen with the contract situation. I want to retire a Bronco. I think everyone wants to know, but it’s all about being able to say, ‘I’m getting paid what I put out.’’
    After four seasons with Pittsburgh where he averaged 40 catches, 508 yards and 3 touchdowns a year, Sanders in his two years with the Broncos has averaged 89 catches, 1,270 yards and 8 touchdowns.
    He is making $5.6 million this season in the final year of his three-year contract.
    “I don’t want to go anywhere,” Sanders said. “I’ve expressed that to (general manager John) Elway. It’s all about just getting the right number. I pray that they do come to the right number. I think I’ve given my heart to this city. I’ve never left anything on the field.’’
    The Broncos are further along in contract negotiations with Marshall, in part because he has a deadline of Wednesday. A restricted free agent who received a second-round, $2.553 million tender, Marshall has yet to sign.
    If he doesn’t sign by Wednesday, Marshall’s deal could be reduced to a 10 percent raise from the $585,000 salary he made last season, although the Broncos would probably re-up him for the $2.553 million."
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Well since the ingrate Millee wants the moon for about 5 great games last year, I'm glad to see that they are working in more consistent production players.

Guys that show up every play. Unlike Miller and DT. Guys that do not take plays off.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
      Well since the ingrate Millee wants the moon for about 5 great games last year, I'm glad to see that they are working in more consistent production players.

Guys that show up every play. Unlike Miller and DT. Guys that do not take plays off.
      Is being contrarian just your shtick, or are you for real?
      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post

Who's Millee? Millee Vanillee?
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
          Is being contrarian just your shtick, or are you for real?
          Pretty sure it's his trademark thing. It gets real old...
          sigpic

Comment

Sanders is a great player and has shown he will play 100% to his bets ability no matter what. He also has that very up-beat personality and more importantly I have not heard ANYTHING negative about him in the news. He seems to only make the news for the right reasons.

Marshall I am a bit more torn with. He is a great player but we have developed young linebackers (like him) for a few years now. So while part of me is saying keep you own the other part of me is saying Davis, Anderson & Nelson look to be developing very well.

Comment

Paying two receivers big money is tough, especially on a team that's got a defensive identity. With that said, I love me some Sanders and really hope the team and him can find some common ground that's good for everyone.

Marshall is a must imo, hopefully he takes a contract comparable to Trev as I see them as about on the same level as players.
              Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

I keep looking at this picture and I can't help but say to myself Elway needs to lighten up in these negotiations. I know I'm not there I'm not present for these negotiations to see how Elway portrays himself but it seems like he is really good at getting under the skin of his best football players and I'm just hoping he doesn't offend emmanual sanders or Brandon Marshall during this negotiation process. Anyway look at the pic Below and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                  I keep looking at this picture and I can't help but say to myself Elway needs to lighten up in these negotiations. I know I'm not there I'm not present for these negotiations to see how Elway portrays himself but it seems like he is really good at getting under the skin of his best football players and I'm just hoping he doesn't offend emmanual sanders or Brandon Marshall during this negotiation process. Anyway look at the pic Below and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Elway's job is to run the team...not be buddy buddy with everyone. He is doing a great job at running the team. Nothing to worry about, imo.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                    Elway's job is to run the team...not be buddy buddy with everyone. He is doing a great job at running the team. Nothing to worry about, imo.
                    Elwes very good at his job we all know that but I'm worried about is the image or the reputation that he may be creating when it comes to other NFL free agency in coming seasons.

Doesn't anyone remember Bob Irsay I think that was his name former Baltimore Colts owner nobody wanted to play for him. LOL just saying

Comment

Elwes very good at his job we all know that but I'm worried about is the image or the reputation that he may be creating when it comes to other NFL free agency in coming seasons.

Doesn't anyone remember Bob Irsay I think that was his name former Baltimore Colts owner nobody wanted to play for him. LOL just saying
                      Elway took a mediocre team and built a top defense and SB champ in 3 or 4 years. He also played and was a SB MVP and HoF player. Irsay??? not so much. again...not worried in the least. Players that don't want to play for elway because of personality issues shouldn't be here in the first place.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                        Elway took a mediocre team and built a top defense and SB champ in 3 or 4 years. He also played and was a SB MVP and HoF player. Irsay??? not so much. again...not worried in the least. Players that don't want to play for elway because of personality issues shouldn't be here in the first place.
                        This could make a difference if you were an NFL free-agent in the Near future LOL

Comment

It's all about what's best for the team, he can't cave in to these ridiculous numbers that players want. And he's shown that he won't cave. Hes giving every big name players similar contracts in that they all have a place where we can get out of the mega deal without being handicapped. Von is great, but this is football, anything can happen. You give him 60 or whatever guarantee and then he shreds his knee like Marcus Lattimore, now you're stuck paying someone who physically can't play ever again. Elway is probably pitching something along the lines of that you're good enough to see that money regardless of guarantee amounts hence why he wants to only do injury guarantees after a certain year. He's got Wolfe and Harris to sign below market value and that's probably why they accepted those offers.

These contract negotiations are all sales, and he's pretty damn good at it.

Comment

^ Couldn't agree more.

Elway is here to win championships. Giving in to every player by paying them what they think they are worth is not a successful business model. Some fans/players may see it as "playing hardball" or an "ego" thing but as long as Elway keeps us in contention every season by doing it, oh well.
                            sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Which is why Sanders will sign a deal....
                              because right now...
                              the season is in front of him.
                              Anything can happen.
                              -
                              If Sanders makes it through injury free to FA...
                              then he will be on the market and get top dollar.
                              -
                              This is the edge Elway has...
                              sanders oughta be smart and sign a new deal...
                              sure deal... be covered in case of injury...

The cost will be lower, for the team, now.

-
                              (This is what should have happened last season with Malik..)
                              - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Working...
                              X