No announcement yet.

Denver shifts negotiations to Sanders and Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By the way, I don't consider this discussion a way of hating on D. Thomas / disliking him. I just think he should be held accountable for his contract demands. He refused to sign the franchise tag and stayed away from the team until he got his elite-WR money. He got his elite money. Then he proceeded to drop an absurd amount of passes, disappear in the playoffs and admit he took plays off. 2 catches for 12 yards in the AFC title game, 1 catch for 8 yards in the SB.

If you hold out for elite money, you have to deliver like an elite player. If you look at any list of the top 5 WRs today (not made by Broncos fans), you probably won't find D. Thomas on it. We're even debating if he truly is the best WR on his own team. So, he definitely needs to step up. The stats are there (though the TDs were somewhat low) but those watching the games know D. Thomas faltered way too much for a WR that got that kind of contract. If he bounces back this year, I will have no problem admitting he's back.
    sigpic

Comment

• ∆∆∆ - This. I'm cool with DT making these ducketts (that's right, said it!) If he can prove that he's back as a top 5. He still put up 1300 yrds and decent TD's with Capt. Noodle at the helm. I think this year will be different.

Comment

Working...
      X