No announcement yet.

Denver agrees to extension with Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a contract I can get behind. Love Marshall. We are going to look back on this deal and see we stole him at this price.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      I expect Sanders today as well and then von mid July. Finally some progress at least.
      I'd be surprised if Sanders signed in the near future
      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
        which leads me to believe there was something more to Trev than we all knew. A baller, appeared to be healthy, positive attitude in public.. why not even an offer to match ?
        Maybe Elway was too afraid of another knee injury and didnt wanna risk the money...? Maybe Elway held more value with Marshall, as well as saw the depth at the LB position and knew that Todd Davis was top not LB in the making and decided to go with the cheaper player in Davis over Trevathan...?
        Denver Broncos
        New York Yankees
        New York Knicks
        Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Good news, Marshall's the most underrated player on our defense.

Great at everything, would have been far more expensive a year from now.

And he's much better than Danny is.

Hopefully he can get Sanders done in the next couple weeks then finish the deal with Von.

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
            Maybe Elway was too afraid of another knee injury and didnt wanna risk the money...? Maybe Elway held more value with Marshall, as well as saw the depth at the LB position and knew that Todd Davis was top not LB in the making and decided to go with the cheaper player in Davis over Trevathan...?
            I have the feeling it was a situation of Elway knowing we had Danny T's replacement already on the roster and not any actual concerns with Danny T himself.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              I have the feeling it was a situation of Elway knowing we had Danny T's replacement already on the roster and not any actual concerns with Danny T himself.
              You may very well be right. Could have been a myriad of things. They might have only planned to pay 1 and it was marshall who they liked better. Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                Why? I wouldnt. Sanders loves the organization and the city and wants to stay. He has professed that extensively. I dont see him as a guy wanting to chase the money either. Id be surprised if Sanders didnt sign before preseason starts.
                Denver Broncos
                New York Yankees
                New York Knicks
                Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Not sure why I find the contract so surprising but l do.

Have loved the impact that Marshall has had the last few seasons. But I never really put him that elite ILB group. Perhaps my own oversight.

Elway just signed him for contract that ranks him among the league's elite.

Comment

That's a pretty penny for an ILB
                    I agree.....

8mil a year.....In contrast Danny T received around 7 mil a year...The question we as a team need to ask is if MArshall's production last season was a product of our system or being that darn good.

For me as other have said...I am just not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                      I agree.....

8mil a year.....In contrast Danny T received around 7 mil a year...The question we as a team need to ask is if MArshall's production last season was a product of our system or being that darn good.

The guaranteed amount is even more significant. As reported, Marshall just got $20M guaranteed. Danny T. Was about $12m if I rember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                        I agree.....

Well he's playing under the tender this year. Meaning the deal is essentially a 5y 34.5m year extension. From that angle, it's less than 7m a year.
                        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Sanders will be the toughest sign, im not sure Elway will give him 10 mil a year when he'll be 30 even if its a 2-3 year deal.

Eventually he'll get Von done, he knows how important he is.

Comment

I love Marshall. Very happy to see this!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                              Not sure why I find the contract so surprising but l do.

Have loved the impact that Marshall has had the last few seasons. But I never really put him that elite ILB group. Perhaps my own oversight.

Elway just signed him for contract that ranks him among the league's elite.
                              He's borderline elite, most underrated player on Denver's defense.

True 3 down ILB, good vs the run and pass, team leader, you pay those guys.

Comment

Well he's playing under the tender this year. Meaning the deal is essentially a 5y 34.5m year extension. From that angle, it's less than 7m a year.
                                Technically yes, but a year from now he'd be even more expensive to keep.

Comment

Working...
                                X