X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    agreed...$8M per sounds like an awful lot.
    Except it's not $8M. This is an extension of his existing contract (The RFA contract he is on) He'll play this year on the RFA contract for 2.5M and it evens out to slightly over $6M per year.

In essence, we signed him to an additional 4 years. He's on contract this year and the next 4 for 5 total.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 06-14-2016, 04:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
    I agree.....

8mil a year.....In contrast Danny T received around 7 mil a year...The question we as a team need to ask is if MArshall's production last season was a product of our system or being that darn good.

For me as other have said...I am just not sure.
    I think Elway showed his answer already.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    which leads me to believe there was something more to Trev than we all knew. A baller, appeared to be healthy, positive attitude in public.. why not even an offer to match ?

This isn't a bad deal to match for a player like him, IMO.

Contract: 4 yr(s) / $24,500,000, Signing Bonus $5,000,000, Average Salary$6,125,000, Guaranteed:$12,000,000
    Trevathan was just a guy. Admittedly I've never been a big fan of his, but to me Marshall has been the player the Broncos needed to keep. And based on the contract they gave him, it seems they agree.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    They are getting the core of the defense signed long term. Marshall, Wolfe, Harris, Von

Leave a comment:

• CDUB1620
    replied
    Awesome news...such a big key to an awesome defense. I read that he only missed one tackle in the run game, which was top of the league for ILB last year with more than 100 snaps.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
    Not sure why I find the contract so surprising but l do.

Have loved the impact that Marshall has had the last few seasons. But I never really put him that elite ILB group. Perhaps my own oversight.

Elway just signed him for contract that ranks him among the league's elite.
    agreed...$8M per sounds like an awful lot.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    I love it, love it, love it, love it!

Now I want to go tackle something.

Leave a comment:

• Dotst
    replied
    Marshall says he wants to be a Bronco so maybe they're giving him a good deal now and down the road will give us a hometown discount his next contract? It's a possibility. I mean once these guys get paid the first few years they usually aren't as greedy as the first time

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Well he's playing under the tender this year. Meaning the deal is essentially a 5y 34.5m year extension. From that angle, it's less than 7m a year.
    Technically yes, but a year from now he'd be even more expensive to keep.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
    Not sure why I find the contract so surprising but l do.

Have loved the impact that Marshall has had the last few seasons. But I never really put him that elite ILB group. Perhaps my own oversight.

Elway just signed him for contract that ranks him among the league's elite.
    He's borderline elite, most underrated player on Denver's defense.

True 3 down ILB, good vs the run and pass, team leader, you pay those guys.

Leave a comment:

• LSIGRAD09
    replied
    I love Marshall. Very happy to see this!

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    I'd be surprised if Sanders signed in the near future
    Sanders will be the toughest sign, im not sure Elway will give him 10 mil a year when he'll be 30 even if its a 2-3 year deal.

Eventually he'll get Von done, he knows how important he is.

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    I agree.....

8mil a year.....In contrast Danny T received around 7 mil a year...The question we as a team need to ask is if MArshall's production last season was a product of our system or being that darn good.

Well he's playing under the tender this year. Meaning the deal is essentially a 5y 34.5m year extension. From that angle, it's less than 7m a year.

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied
    I agree.....

The guaranteed amount is even more significant. As reported, Marshall just got $20M guaranteed. Danny T. Was about $12m if I rember correctly.

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    That's a pretty penny for an ILB
    I agree.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X