Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shawinkerpoppin
    replied
    Sanders effort exceeds his talent. He makes most of his plays on shear effort and I never once recall questioning rather or not he took a play off or didn't go for a ball for whatever reason. But he isn't a premier elite talent like Julio or aj green pr dez or DT. DT on an off year has 100 catches. Sanders is a great #2 WR. So it will be interesting to see what the contract comes out to.

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Sanders said multiple times he wants to retire a Bronco.

I think the most he'd get from Denver is 9-10 a year. Dont see Elway giving him 12.5 a year.
    I could see Sanders wanting a Cobb type deal.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by chad72 View Post
    If Sanders signs for anything less than 4 years $50 mil., I'd be shocked, to be honest.

All the knocks on his size not being the same as an A.J. Green or Julio Jones or even DT is made up with his production and Sanders playing bigger than his size, IMO.

If the elite ones can go for $15 mil. per, the above has to be the ballpark price his agent will be negotiating.
    Sanders said multiple times he wants to retire a Bronco.

I think the most he'd get from Denver is 9-10 a year. Dont see Elway giving him 12.5 a year.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    That's kind of a dumb reason to hold one WR above the other...As someone else stated, Calvin Johnson never won a playoff game either, he's hands down better than both of them (the best WR of this generation) A WR has very, very little control over a teams ability to win a playoff game. Offensively that burden lays more on the QB's shoulders than a WR. The WR can only catch what is caught to him.
    I agree judging an indivual player on team accomplishments is not a very accurate measure of the individual but it happens ALL THE TIME in sports specially the NFL

Even a QB will struggle if the OL struggles....if the WR drop the ball or if the running game is non-existant

Leave a comment:

• atwaterandstir
    replied
    Great signing.
    I'm just glad to see we're making Sanders a priority as well. Marshall and Sanders are both huge pieces of this team.

Miller is an all-pro.....he's so important to our team chemistry and I know a deal can/will get done. He will be ready when it's time.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
    I'd put him ahead of Julio, only because he helped lead DEN to a SB, and Julio hasn't won a playoff game
    That's kind of a dumb reason to hold one WR above the other...As someone else stated, Calvin Johnson never won a playoff game either, he's hands down better than both of them (the best WR of this generation) A WR has very, very little control over a teams ability to win a playoff game. Offensively that burden lays more on the QB's shoulders than a WR. The WR can only catch what is caught to him.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    well...he isn't the same caliber of WR as Julio....I think $12.5M is a little high for him.
    I think the Maclin contract or better is what Sanders will be going for...and imo has a legit claim to

5 years, 55 Million, 22.5 total guarentees with no wacky guarenteed money language putting guarentee triggers off in future years.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-ci...jeremy-maclin/

I really hope we can keep Sanders but I also see a scenario where if we do not pay him what he wants he leaves to play with an established elite qb like he did to come to us

I can definately make good arguements for him to stay just saying I see that scenario as a possibility.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
    I'd put him ahead of Julio, only because he helped lead DEN to a SB, and Julio hasn't won a playoff game
    neither did Calvin Johnson.....

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Danny T did play a good chunk of the snaps. Marshall played more.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

Last year Danny T had 823 total snaps. Marshall had 1000 (more than anyone else by over 100 snaps) Same with 2014.
    Oh I know Marshall had more snaps but it wasn't like Trevathan was subbing out very often, usually in short yardage situations for Todd Davis. Plus Trevathan missed a game.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Again, to clear up the rampant misconception, he isn't getting $8M a year. The average is $6M per year over the length of the contract. He's not making top 5 moneys. It's top 15...

Even if you want to say his money next year will top 5, next year other LB's will sign contracts that will be way higher than his is, it is the nature of the NFL. We got him at a steal.
    There aren't 5 ILBs I'd take over Marshall. Kuechly and Wagner, maybe Bowman. There's a dearth of ILB talent in the NFL. Shazier and Mosely are the only other 2 great ILBs off the top of my head. But Marshall is one of the best as he's great in coverage, rarely misses tackles, and doesn't over pursue. Trevathan is right there with him IMO but we could only keep 1.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    That's news to me. What made our defense so dynamic was having 2 great coverage LBs in Trevathan and Marshall. That's why I think Corey Nelson will be the surprise starter.
    Danny T did play a good chunk of the snaps. Marshall played more.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

Last year Danny T had 823 total snaps. Marshall had 1000 (more than anyone else by over 100 snaps) Same with 2014.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by Mercy8 View Post
    Marshall is a 3 down lb. Trevethan was not, therefore marshall got the bump from JE.
    That's news to me. What made our defense so dynamic was having 2 great coverage LBs in Trevathan and Marshall. That's why I think Corey Nelson will be the surprise starter.

Leave a comment:

• HUMCALC
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    well...he isn't the same caliber of WR as Julio....I think $12.5M is a little high for him.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by chad72 View Post
    If Sanders signs for anything less than 4 years $50 mil., I'd be shocked, to be honest.

All the knocks on his size not being the same as an A.J. Green or Julio Jones or even DT is made up with his production and Sanders playing bigger than his size, IMO.

If the elite ones can go for $15 mil. per, the above has to be the ballpark price his agent will be negotiating.

Leave a comment:

• chad72
    replied
    Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I'd be surprised if Sanders signed in the near future

Last edited by chad72; 06-14-2016, 07:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X