Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MHOC
    replied
    I think a lot of us thought he had some potential be a solid #2 WR, but probably hardly any thought he we all would fall in love with him and become one of the most loved Broncos and play like a solid #1 WR.
    Like I have said of Elway doesn't extend him before the season starts there will be a line of suitors to offer him way more then what we could pay him now or probably afford next year

Leave a comment:

• AussieBronco76
    replied
    Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
    Emmanuel Sanders is a "man". And although I would point out that not all his teammates are mature "men", the same can be said about the general public. He's the kind of guy you want on your side when you go to war. We've all met people like that, and many strive to be like that.

Sanders has learned an important lesson about life. He doesn't regret the past nor does he wish to shut the door on it. That's how a healthy human being approaches the cards we've been dealt in life.

His upbringing has shaped him into the man/player he is today in the NFL.I have seen the guy get his tiny frame hit so hard so often after a reception but every single time the guy gets straight up looking a million dollars.Loooove the guys toughness kinda like a hines ward type.Fights hard for every play.

Leave a comment:

• gtown53
    replied
    Emmanuel Sanders is a "man". And although I would point out that not all his teammates are mature "men", the same can be said about the general public. He's the kind of guy you want on your side when you go to war. We've all met people like that, and many strive to be like that.

Sanders has learned an important lesson about life. He doesn't regret the past nor does he wish to shut the door on it. That's how a healthy human being approaches the cards we've been dealt in life.

Leave a comment:

• GiddyupGetEm
    replied
    So much more than just a great player. I am really glad to have him in the community.

Leave a comment:

• captainbronco
    replied
    I really hope elway finds some way to being back sanders. Guy is all HEART

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    ^ This is the type of character guy you want on your team. Add his overall production to the mix....awesome!

Leave a comment:

• Emmanuel Sanders Reflects on His Childhood Struggles

He talks about not even having a bed, food and sleeping with rats and roaches. Yikes. And he was even willing to share what little he had with a friend who had even less than he.

I mean, how can you not love this guy. He is always positive and his most endearing personal character trait is his gratefulness. He truly is an inspiring person. Thanks for sharing Emmanuel. You are a true leader and someone to look up to.

It wasn't always this good for Sanders though. Growing up in Bellville, Texas, Sanders' childhood was far from glamorous. He talks about it in the video above.

He recalls hearing rats running through the ceiling and walls of his grandmother's double-wide trailer at night and being awakened by the loud snap of a sprung rat trap. He would then have to take the dead rats outside before returning to bed.

Getting enough food to eat was challenging as well. Mayonnaise and ketchup sandwiches or a can of corn was often the meal of the day.

"I wouldn't change that for the world because it made me who I am and made me appreciate everything I have right now," Sanders told 9NEWS.

Sanders was the first in his family to go to college and is now enjoying taking care of them.

"Those outcomes definitely made me strong," Sanders said.

Now it's time for Sanders to give back.

On July 11 and 12, he will be holding his football camp at Englewood High School. Four hundred kids have signed up for the camp which sold out in just a couple of days.

Twenty five percent of the attendees will not have to pay for the camp, something Sanders and his sponsors wanted to do for kids who maybe in the same situation Sanders was as a child.

"Ortho Colorado, Precious Child, and Give Sports have donated and sponsored over 100 kids coming to the camp," Sanders said.
Working...
X