Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Bold Predictions for the Denver Broncos in 2016

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...in-2016/page/6

Many are not fans of Bleacher Report...I liked this report especially prediction #5!

#1 Paxton Lynch starts week 1
    #2 Russell Okung stays healthy for the full season
    #3 Von Miller gets 20 sacks
    #4 CJ Anderson leads the NFL in rushing
    #5...see the article!

What are your bold predictions for the Broncos in 2016?

I'm thinking Cj won't lead in rushing but we'll have the best duo with him and Booker.
    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post

Many are not fans of Bleacher Report...I liked this report especially prediction #5!

#5...see the article!

I could see about all of them other than #1 and #4 happening. It'll be an interesting year.

Who knows, Paxton could end up having a strong camp, but I think he's going to need at least part of the year, if not the whole year to be ready to start. IMO I don't think we see him starting unless we are struggling as bad on offense as we were last year.
      sigpic

Comment

I'll just agree with all five from the article .

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
          I could see about all of them other than #1 and #4 happening. It'll be an interesting year.

Who knows, Paxton could end up having a strong camp, but I think he's going to need at least part of the year, if not the whole year to be ready to start. IMO I don't think we see him starting unless we are struggling as bad on offense as we were last year.
          This.

I would be shocked if Lynch starts, Week 1. Especially after Kubiak's "Lynch is swimming" remark, while he said Sanchez and Siemian are neck and neck.

And for CJ to be leading the league, the Offensive Line would have to be firing on all cylinders. These guys haven't played together before. And although I think that the talent is a little better, it's going to take some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post

I hope he competes, to me the biggest hurdle he's going to face is calling the play. He goes from a no huddle offense where everything was signalled by the sideline and then relayed (if needed) by a signal or key word. Now he needs to take command of the huddle listen to plays that can be extremely wordy and be able to relay that quickly and concisely to be able to get in and out of the huddle in a fast manner.

I'm sure he'll get it, it's just a matter of how quickly, fast enough to compete in camp for the starting spot? Does it take into the season? Or does he need a full year?

Comment

1) Von will sign a deal July 15 at about noon.
              2 Lynch will make his first start after the bye
              3) CJ WILL lead the league in rushing
              4) Broncos will make the playoffs with at the very least a Wild Card.
              ....... (Chiefs and Raiders aint gonna roll over and play dead this year)
              - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
                1. Agreed
                2. Depends on our record honestly. It could happen, but if that happens #4 won't happen IMO.
                3. I can't see it...Our o-line would have to be amazing and honestly, I don't think CJ can stay healthy enough to accomplish it
                4. I think it's extremely possible. And screw the Chiefs and Raiders!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
                  I like it! The only question mark could be #2. If We're rolling, Sanchez stays. If we're dogfighting for a playoff spot and Sanchez is turning the ball over, Lynch will play.

And I'm with Freyaka...... Screw the Chefs and Raiders! Out of the two, the Raiders may be the only team who even remotely has a chance to nudge us off the AFCW throne. The Chefs always play great against a 3rd or 4th place schedule and all the media picks them to win the AFCW. But when the pressure of a 1st or 2nd place schedule hits them.............it's back to the basement.
                  #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                    I like it! The only question mark could be #2. If We're rolling, Sanchez stays. If we're dogfighting for a playoff spot and Sanchez is turning the ball over, Lynch will play.

And I'm with Freyaka...... Screw the Chefs and Raiders! Out of the two, the Raiders may be the only team who even remotely has a chance to nudge us off the AFCW throne. The Chefs always play great against a 3rd or 4th place schedule and all the media picks them to win the AFCW. But when the pressure of a 1st or 2nd place schedule hits them.............it's back to the basement.
                    In my opinion if we're starting Lynch this year it's because Sanchez is struggling to the point that we're out of the playoffs. I'd rather rally behind whoever the starter is to play well enough to keep the starting spot.

Yes, we managed to survive a QB controversy this year, but this is massively rare for a playoff team. If you want to do something in the playoffs you need to know who your starter is from week one and stick with him.

I fully want Paxton to start when he's ready, but I don't want him to start at the cost of our season. If we can get a decent run game going and Kubiak can coach a little extra out of Sanchez I think we have a legit shot of a repeat. Obviously I don't see Trevor winning the starting job and I don't think Paxton will be ready week one so like it or not, it's Sanchez. If Sanchez sucks, we suck...We aren't going to lame duck our way into a Superbowl 2 years in a row, our offense HAS to step up this season.
                    sigpic

Comment

Von getting 20 sacks is a shoe in.

if they wanted to make it bowl they should have said "von will get twenty sacks... by the sixth game of the season.

pshhhh

Comment

#5...see the article!

Fun article! Yah, if we only get #5, I could care less about all the rest!!

But some folks still think The Bleacher Report is the same group from years back. They are not, although I do not know a lot about them. But I have heard analysts from The BR on our local TSN station, and they are pretty solid experts, and are not contacted unless they are deemed to be of that caliber. Guests on our show are usually well known. And as I have noted before, typically every Tuesday Jason Cole has a spot, and he is extremely good! He has a lengthy NFL background, and I really like his weekly commentary!

Comment

#5...see the article!

1. If Lynch is week 1 starter with all qbs healthy and coaches feel he is rdy that will make me very happy....do not think it is likely. Pretty sure a lot of people want to see Lynch play but his long term development is too important to rush him into action.

2. Okung may very well end up being a top 5 free agent from the 2016 NFL free agent class

3. Von Miller will have an off year....mostly because teams will focus on him but also seems franchise tagged players who wait until last min to sign struggle more often then not the same year they sign.

4. CJ has the talent to be that rb....just not the ability to stay on the field. If another RB shows they can even come close in production he will be given a good amount of plays. IMO Rb is the most likely spot to produce an unexpected star this year.
                          Last edited by Hadez; 07-02-2016, 12:38 PM.
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

#1 - Trevor Siemian Pro-Bowl selection
                            #2 - Von Miller traded to Dallas
                            #3 - Ronnie Hillman leads Denver in rushing yards
                            #4 - Justin Simmons DROY
                            #5 - Jeff Heuerman leads Denver in receiving TDs

Sorry If I got carried away...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                              #1 - Trevor Siemian Pro-Bowl selection
                              #2 - Von Miller traded to Dallas