No announcement yet.

Report: Emmanuel Sanders, Broncos deal talks on hold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe knowing what Sanders wants gives Broncos brass a better idea on what they can offer Miller.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
      But Sanders' contract this year is still in tact and is already counted against the current cap.

His contract was supposed to be a slam dunk. I'm not lying, this is a bummer, he's a baller - what's more, a real team player.
      Given his age and other big WR deals, his deal was going to be tough.

Still not sure it gets done.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
        Given his age and other big WR deals, his deal was going to be tough.

Still not sure it gets done.
        Me thinks there will need to be some big concessions by Sanders. It will likely be up to him.
        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
          Me thinks there will need to be some big concessions by Sanders. It will likely be up to him.
          I think Elway may go up to 9-10, but 11-12, i dont know, yes only 1 or more mil more but having both your WR's on big money deals is rare in todays NFL.

Sanders has said many times he wants to retire in Denver but we'll see what happens once the Von contract fagu is over.

Comment

More a case where it's highly possible that Mr Elway needs to see what happens with Von first. We had articles to read that said Elway pays for production not potential. Sanders is likely on hold only to possibly reward Sanders with a higher contract. If Von refuses to sign, they may move quickly to give Sanders more money. If Von signs big, then hope that Sanders will accept less.
            2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
              More a case where it's highly possible that Mr Elway needs to see what happens with Von first. We had articles to read that said Elway pays for production not potential. Sanders is likely on hold only to possibly reward Sanders with a higher contract. If Von refuses to sign, they may move quickly to give Sanders more money. If Von signs big, then hope that Sanders will accept less.
              If Miller's agent gets what he is asking for, I think Sanders will become a cap casualty. Unless he is willing to take the proverbial "hometown discount."

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
                If Miller's agent gets what he is asking for, I think Sanders will become a cap casualty. Unless he is willing to take the proverbial "hometown discount."
                Who knows? Unlike some people. Sanders has stated multiple times he wants to retire a Bronco.

Comment

Originally posted by IAMRED View Post
                  Who knows? Unlike some people. Sanders has stated multiple times he wants to retire a Bronco.
                  “If I get a contract, I get a contract, but if I don’t, you know it’s sad, but you know I’ll have to part ways.”

As an NFL veteran Sanders understands that professional football is a business.

“Everybody wants to get paid (what) they feel like they put in, and what they put out. Hopefully we work out something in the next 30 days.”

If they don't get a deal done on an extension, then enjoy watching his last season as a Bronco.
                  sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I don't see Elway paying for 2 number 1 WR for an offense that has historically only needed 1.
                    Last edited by crash123go; 07-13-2016, 12:31 PM.
                    A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                      “If I get a contract, I get a contract, but if I don’t, you know it’s sad, but you know I’ll have to part ways.”

As an NFL veteran Sanders understands that professional football is a business.

“Everybody wants to get paid (what) they feel like they put in, and what they put out. Hopefully we work out something in the next 30 days.”

If they don't get a deal done on an extension, then enjoy watching his last season as a Bronco.
                      None of that changes what Sanders wants, which is what IAMRED said, Sanders wants to retire a Bronco. Now, once the negotiation dance gets into full swing, whether he gets the opportunity to do that is another question.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                        I don't see Elway paying for 2 number 1 WR for an offense that has historically only needing 1.
                        Which is a good point. Kubiak's offense will be of particular interest where Denver defines it's needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                          None of that changes what Sanders wants, which is what IAMRED said, Sanders wants to retire a Bronco. Now, once the negotiation dance gets into full swing, whether he gets the opportunity to do that is another question.
                          I agree, I'm just saying that if he starts the season without an extension, he's probably gone. Every catch, every first down, every successful game when he has numbers better than DT...the price goes up up up. He's never going to be cheaper to sign than he is right now.

I'm glad he wants to retire a Bronco, and he seems genuine about it. I just can't see us paying two WRs top money plus 20+ million a year to an OLB. Just won't fit, IMO.
                          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                            I agree, I'm just saying that if he starts the season without an extension, he's probably gone. Every catch, every first down, every successful game when he has numbers better than DT...the price goes up up up. He's never going to be cheaper to sign than he is right now.

I'm glad he wants to retire a Bronco, and he seems genuine about it. I just can't see us paying two WRs top money plus 20+ million a year to an OLB. Just won't fit, IMO.
                            A lesson that I hope has been learned after how the Malik Jackson, Osweiler and Trevathan contracts were handled. Get me done early if you want the discount. The longer we wait, the more expensive the contract becomes.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSynapses View Post
                              A lesson that I hope has been learned after how the Malik Jackson, Osweiler and Trevathan contracts were handled. Get me done early if you want the discount. The longer we wait, the more expensive the contract becomes.
                              And for every Malik Jackson who gets the big money there are 2 players like Kaep who strangle their team with a bad contract and bad play.
                              Last edited by crash123go; 07-13-2016, 01:17 PM.
                              A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSynapses View Post
                                You can't pay them early if they don't want to negotiate...If I recall correctly we tried getting Brock resigned fairly early on and they wanted to wait until the end of 2015.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X