Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos are talking with Von Miller and his reps today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Let's not forget too that agents are involved. Most of what people want to blame on ego is the agent doing what they are paid to do...
    Pump smoke up their skirts to Inflate said egos.

    I seem to remember something similar to this happening with DOOM and his agent.
    We can get more we can get more they won't cut you they won't cut you.

    HmmmMm how did that turn out.

    Do not play chicken with The Duke.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by sweden4broncos View Post
      I agree with Kizlas article today. Trade Miller for as much as we can get. It's just not good management to pay ANY defensive player qb money. If Miller was a true leader like Kam Chancellor, then maybe just maybe it could work out. I love Von but I love the Broncos more.
      I second this. I have been saying that all off season. Love to keep him at a reasonable price, but look at SUH, paid too much, produces too little and miami in cap purgatory.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by sweden4broncos View Post
        I agree with Kizlas article today. Trade Miller for as much as we can get. It's just not good management to pay ANY defensive player qb money. If Miller was a true leader like Kam Chancellor, then maybe just maybe it could work out. I love Von but I love the Broncos more.
        And this is where the truth lies.Love Von but love the Broncos more.We saw what we got pre massive contract with DT then post.The same will happen with Von.He will still be good but nowhereh near his contract money good.I say lets trade him and redirect that $20 million a year elsewhere and use those 1st and 3rd RD piks for something SB Winning.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by sweden4broncos View Post
          I agree with Kizlas article today. Trade Miller for as much as we can get. It's just not good management to pay ANY defensive player qb money. If Miller was a true leader like Kam Chancellor, then maybe just maybe it could work out. I love Von but I love the Broncos more.
          I agree. Trade Miller, start Ray and or Barrett and find another cast off and continue to blow the draft away with the multiple 1st round picks we would have.
          A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by crash123go View Post
            I agree. Trade Miller, start Ray and or Barrett and find another cast off and continue to blow the draft away with the multiple 1st round picks we would have.
            Why would the Broncos get "multiple 1st round picks" or any team take him?

            Isn't the argument against paying him is he is "greedy, not a leader, will quit on the team once he gets paid, overrated and easily replaced". Sure doesn't sound like a player with a high trade value to me.

            Comment


            • As of now, I believe there are several teams ready to engage in a bidding war. The thing is just what Freyaka told me in another thread, Von needs to sign a contract before we can do anything.
              Last edited by sweden4broncos; 07-14-2016, 07:38 AM. Reason: wrong sentence

              Comment


              • This is getting old. same tactic every year. Tag somebody wait them out until close to the time limit and wait for the player to fold. It works, but other players see this and will want nothing to do with it in the future. I'm glad Miller kicked but in the SB, but it gave him WAY to much leverage. players voted 14 other people ahead of him on NFL networks top 100 as voted on by the players. Can't wait to see what those other 14 guys go for in FA some day...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by donnyrides View Post
                  This is getting old. same tactic every year. Tag somebody wait them out until close to the time limit and wait for the player to fold. It works, but other players see this and will want nothing to do with it in the future. I'm glad Miller kicked but in the SB, but it gave him WAY to much leverage. players voted 14 other people ahead of him on NFL networks top 100 as voted on by the players. Can't wait to see what those other 14 guys go for in FA some day...
                  This is literally how it works with every team and has been that way for over a decade. This isn't Broncos exclusive.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                    This is literally how it works with every team and has been that way for over a decade. This isn't Broncos exclusive.
                    I agree, we and Von are no different. However in my opinion we should just cave. It sucks but we have cheap QBs for the time being, we have our secondary locked up, we have our #1 in DT, hopefully the dude can get his focus back.

                    But the point is all teams even successful ones have a guy making QB money. For us that really should be Von. Without him, no SB50 ring. It was a team effort yes, and we can get quality picks yes, but his pass rush ability is debatably second to none when he's fully healthy. We need Miller.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by IAMRED View Post
                      I agree, we and Von are no different. However in my opinion we should just cave. It sucks but we have cheap QBs for the time being, we have our secondary locked up, we have our #1 in DT, hopefully the dude can get his focus back.

                      But the point is all teams even successful ones have a guy making QB money. For us that really should be Von. Without him, no SB50 ring. It was a team effort yes, and we can get quality picks yes, but his pass rush ability is debatably second to none when he's fully healthy. We need Miller.
                      Without Brock we don't get to the SB (helped get the ever important 1st round bye). Without Ware we don't beat NE and Pitt. Without Malik we don't score twice on D in the SB.

                      Von is a great player, but he did not do it by himself.
                      sigpic

                      Hooray, beer!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                        Without Brock we don't get to the SB (helped get the ever important 1st round bye). Without Ware we don't beat NE and Pitt. Without Malik we don't score twice on D in the SB.

                        Von is a great player, but he did not do it by himself.
                        This is so true... Everyone on that D... balled out that game...One guy doesn't shut down that offence..
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                          Without Brock we don't get to the SB (helped get the ever important 1st round bye). Without Ware we don't beat NE and Pitt. Without Malik we don't score twice on D in the SB.

                          Von is a great player, but he did not do it by himself.
                          That is indisputable. As much as I want Von to stay, he seems to think he was the central cog to the defense. Arguably Wade Philips was and took a stacked D from JDR and took it over the top.

                          Miller could not take over in the playoffs had the rest of the team not played their part in helping get the team there.

                          Man up, buddy. Take the fair deal and play next year with your buds, including your mentor Demarcus, who took a pay cut to stay. There is no shame in it.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                            That is indisputable. As much as I want Von to stay, he seems to think he was the central cog to the defense. Arguably Wade Philips was and took a stacked D from JDR and took it over the top.

                            Miller could not take over in the playoffs had the rest of the team not played their part in helping get the team there.

                            Man up, buddy. Take the fair deal and play next year with your buds, including your mentor Demarcus, who took a pay cut to stay. There is no shame in it.
                            Big Al seems to think that setting the bar for future players under the influence of the players union is more important than the team.

                            Meaning that Von is taking advice from the players union stating that it is more important to set the bar higher for future players than to take less for his team and teammates.

                            Just saying, so don't kill the messenger now.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by sweden4broncos View Post
                              As of now, I believe there are several teams ready to engage in a bidding war. The thing is just what Freyaka told me in another thread, Von needs to sign a contract before we can do anything.
                              To add to this, right now we have some control over where he goes, and what compensation we receive. If we allow him to sit the season out, the franchise tag policy determines our compensation, and we have little control over his destination. I would like to see us sucker a desperate team into giving up the farm for him, which is highly likely imo.
                              Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

                              Comment


                              • As the grains of sand trickle through the hourglass...
                                [sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X