Broncos are talking with Von Miller and his reps today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
    What is taking so long to agree with this proposal? This is driving me nuts.
    The neck rub and foot massage Elway had to give him are not quite up snuff...

My client feels sufficiently dispassionate at the moment.
    [sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
      Being just over a touchdown pass per game, and having 7 career starts gets you $37 million guaranteed, not $70 million guaranteed...
      Add in Quarterback rushes, underated runn defense, potential turnovers (forced fumbles, forced interceptions), and locker room leadership and that sounds like a fair bargain to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
        What I mean is, before the playoffs started, the general consensus about how Von might perform was "Uhhh, I don't know". IIRC the narrative was that he feasts on lesser opponents but disappears during big games. Then the Pittsburgh game happened and the narrative was "oh here we go again, this guy just won't show up". Then BOOM NE and Carolina happened.

It's a bit of revisionist history to say that everyone expected the greatness that was on display because it was anything but. No one knew. "If Von shows up", "If Von steps up".

By holding out for 70 million guaranteed, in my eyes, that completely erases the "if". Making QB money you HAVE to make an impact on every play you're involved in. End of story.
        But you're talking about the narratives on this board, and with the fanbase. Not the narrative with the coaches, management and around the NFL, we don't know those narratives. The Broncos, and other teams, may have been willing to give him the money before the playoffs, we just don't know.

I respect your opinion and don't really disagree with it here (maybe slightly), but I'm just pointing out that we truly don't know how the front office views players. An example of that is Trevathan, a lot of people on here think very highly of him, the front office didn't even try to keep him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          But you're talking about the narratives on this board, and with the fanbase. Not the narrative with the coaches, management and around the NFL, we don't know those narratives. The Broncos, and other teams, may have been willing to give him the money before the playoffs, we just don't know.

I respect your opinion and don't really disagree with it here (maybe slightly), but I'm just pointing out that we truly don't know how the front office views players. An example of that is Trevathan, a lot of people on here think very highly of him, the front office didn't even try to keep him.
          I get that and respect it. I obviously don't have the pulse of every Broncos fan or the coaches, just my own perspective.

I like von, i think he's a fine player. I just think he's getting overpaid. I enjoyed winning it all, and Von was a huge part of that. It's just my opinion that it's not going to happen again. Remember when Houston had the best defense in the league, but the whole world was saying "if they only had an offense..." IMO that's where we're going with signing this kind of deal with a defensive player. It will be fun to watch though. Not saying the seasons over or I won't be the same Broncos fan.

I hope he tears it up. I hope two years from now I can say it was worth every penny and every potential free agent and player (like Emmanuel) lost. I have my doubts though.
          Last edited by CoryWinget81; 07-15-2016, 10:20 AM.
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• I am excited to get this thing done. As I have mentioned before, you pay market value for quality, and you do not try to cut corners when you are this close. In life I have often seen cases (with me or otherwise) when late in the game someone tries to get a slightly better deal, only to lose the deal. Yes, we are paying big, but in spite of the view that Von is only a part of the D, which is true, he is a game-changer.....and game-changers of this caliber are few and far between. He's ours if we want him, and I say spend a little extra to make it happen. One only has to look back and realize that he is a rare specimen. And for me, he was extraordinary last season, especially in the biggest of big games!

Pay the man.....smile.....move on!

Comment

• With 2 hours to go it's quiet, too quiet.
              sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

• https://twitter.com/Rand_Getlin/stat...13450624348161

Per Rand Getlkn the Broncos and Von Miller agreed to terms of 6 year contract.

Comment

• NFL Network ‏@nflnetwork 14s15 seconds ago
                  Von Miller rn. #Paid
                  My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Von Miller ‏@Millerlite40 5m5 minutes ago
                    FOR LIFE
                    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• And so, boys and girls, ends the story of "How Von got Paid."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                        And so, boys and girls, ends the story of "How Von got Paid."
                        Money
                        Well
                        Spent

Comment

• Originally posted by IAMRED View Post
                          The slime ball.
                          Interesting. You wanted Von to be paid but call his agent a slime ball. His agent helped him get the contract to be the highest paid defender in NFL history. As the saying goes you have to spend money to make money. Von spent a small percentage to get a huge payday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                            The neck rub and foot massage Elway had to give him are not quite up snuff...

My client feels sufficiently dispassionate at the moment.
                            Gotta spread it. You're one funny dude.
                            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                              I get that and respect it. I obviously don't have the pulse of every Broncos fan or the coaches, just my own perspective.

I like von, i think he's a fine player. I just think he's getting overpaid. I enjoyed winning it all, and Von was a huge part of that. It's just my opinion that it's not going to happen again. Remember when Houston had the best defense in the league, but the whole world was saying "if they only had an offense..." IMO that's where we're going with signing this kind of deal with a defensive player. It will be fun to watch though. Not saying the seasons over or I won't be the same Broncos fan.

I hope he tears it up. I hope two years from now I can say it was worth every penny and every potential free agent and player (like Emmanuel) lost. I have my doubts though.
                              We still have upwards of 35-40 mil in cap room for 2017, if we dont sign Sanders, it wont be because of cap space.

But paying your #2 receiver ina run first offense top 10 WR money is questionable cap business.

Comment

• Report: Von Miller’s agent requested permission to seek trade

Interesting read about the 11th hour details to Von's deal

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...to-seek-trade/
                                Nobody reads sigs, hell nobody even reads my posts

Comment

Working...
                                X