No announcement yet.

Broncos are talking with Von Miller and his reps today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I honestly think he was just trying to pull some last minute leverage. Definitely an ugly chase the money story. I just hope Von delivers.

Comment

• What else were they asking for that was not included in his offer? If the offer didn't change from last Friday to what he accepted what else did they want that would cause them to ask for a trade?

Elway gave him everything that Miller asked for and his agent all of a sudden wanted more. Sounds like this agent was trying to squeeze every penny he could out of Elway.

This is either some media guy trying to make up stuff for more clicks or Von and his agent were really trying to push Elway's buttons. I am glad Elway stood his ground because Von got more than enough in his contract.
      sigpic
      Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
      2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
      2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

• I don't think it matters, it's in the past now, they asked, Elway said no, they signed a deal, end of story. It should also be noted that Florio has played a weird role in this entire thing, he was almost daily posting articles about how Miller should sit out the season, then that Miller should sit out 10 games, and all the leverage was Miller's. Even the first sentence in the linked article contains a shot towards people that disagreed with his stories. Based on everything I would question if Florio has some sort of relationship (source etc.) with Miller's agent? And this was the final shot being taken in retaliation for not getting more in the end?

That's the only way Florio's endless stories and even this story make sense. Otherwise there's no reason for either side to have this story get out, especially now.

Comment

• Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
          What else were they asking for that was not included in his offer? If the offer didn't change from last Friday to what he accepted what else did they want that would cause them to ask for a trade?

Elway gave him everything that Miller asked for and his agent all of a sudden wanted more. Sounds like this agent was trying to squeeze every penny he could out of Elway.

This is either some media guy trying to make up stuff for more clicks or Von and his agent were really trying to push Elway's buttons. I am glad Elway stood his ground because Von got more than enough in his contract.
          Probably wanted all the guaranteed money up front and not the break down they got would be my guess.

Adopted Broncos:
          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
          Adopted posters:
          Everyone

Comment

• How is it all the talking heads forget the exact thing they report at the start of all these negotiations? And that is the fact that nothing ever gets done and that the real offers never happen until near the deadline. Usually inside of 24 hours.

So then the deal gets done - and the final offers made later in the game were all because Von was posturing? MMmm I don't buy it. This is just how negotiations work. Clubs start low - players start high. As time moves closer to the deadline, the clubs raise their offers and the player lowers his initial offers.... both compromise and a deal is made.

And why would Elway ever give permission to allow Von to seek a trade? That was the whole point of using the tag in the first place. So that the Broncos didn't have to negotiate against other clubs.

Be interesting to see how different the CBA looks after next negotiations in 2020 I think it is. System is borked.
            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Working...
            X