Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos are talking with Von Miller and his reps today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    And probably wants to get a deal done with Miller and Sanders
    Exactly! We need to get this Miller thing nailed down because we need to know what money is available. I'm guessing Colquitt gets cut real soon, DT will probably have his contract restructured (he's open to doing so) and then we'll get Sanders locked as well.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      The fact that we are already aggressively going at it tells me John doesn't let this go on much longer. He's not going to risk another Dumerville situation.
      I think it will go that late just like DT did. Von's agent is going to try and milk every penny IMO.
      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
      I don't know and I don't care

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
        And probably wants to get a deal done with Miller and Sanders
        Elway did say he wanted Von, Marshall, and Sanders done by mid July.
        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
        I don't know and I don't care

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
          Elway did say he wanted Von, Marshall, and Sanders done by mid July.
          Then my little anxious heart can settle down a bit.
          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

          Comment


          • #20
            new offer submitted.

            http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/08...ontract-offer/
            We are going with Plan A

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
              So Von may not be interested in taking ANY offer that the Broncos put out there? Well, that doesn't sound good.
              Cole might make it sound that way. I have a hard time believing Von won't budge. At some point it won't make a lot of sense for Von to not meet Elway somewhere in the middle.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Turf Nazi View Post
                Hmmm, that offer doesn't seem close to what Von wants. Unless I'm reading it wrong. It only offers $38M in guaranteed money, nowhere close to the $60M he was seeking.
                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                  Hmmm, that offer doesn't seem close to what Von wants. Unless I'm reading it wrong. It only offers $38M in guaranteed money, nowhere close to the $60M he was seeking.
                  That was the old offer with 38.5m full at signing, and another 20m in March of 2018.
                  What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                  I don't know and I don't care

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I'm told significant distance remains between the #Broncos and Von Miller on a long-term deal. Guarantees and structure still an issue.

                    Miller's representatives and the #Broncos have been communicating. I'm told they've exchanged multiple proposals in recent days.

                    While negotiations between the Broncos and Miller have stretched on, Fletcher Cox and Andrew Luck got big deals done. Those numbers matter.

                    BTW the 2nd and 3rd tweets were liked by Von on Twitter.
                    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                    I don't know and I don't care

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Per Vic

                      According to people who use the words "according to", the Broncos have pushed their guarantee to 3-yrs, $61m. If Von doesn't say yes, c'mon.

                      The entire source of contention was fully guaranteeing that 3rd year. If it is indeed fully guaranteed, game should be over. Should be.
                      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                      I don't know and I don't care

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                        Per Vic

                        According to people who use the words "according to", the Broncos have pushed their guarantee to 3-yrs, $61m. If Von doesn't say yes, c'mon.

                        The entire source of contention was fully guaranteeing that 3rd year. If it is indeed fully guaranteed, game should be over. Should be.
                        Well this is what happens they drag it down to the wire. So now I'm assuming the agent at this point is going to try to squeeze for more out of the Broncos.

                        I'm hopeful that Von Miller will step in and say we except the offer despite The wishes of his agent.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                          Well this is what happens they drag it down to the wire. So now I'm assuming the agent at this point is going to try to squeeze for more out of the Broncos.

                          I'm hopeful that Von Miller will step in and say we except the offer despite The wishes of his agent.
                          Even if the parameters are met, I still think it stretches out to at least next week. Every penny counts. Especially if Von is truly upset with how things have gone.
                          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                          I don't know and I don't care

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            If it's 3 years we are guarantee and it's up to 61 million guranteed I think it's a good deal and Von should take it. But like others have said it probably won't happen until next week we just have to be patient as fans.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Fowler believes it might take at least 65m guranteed to get it done
                              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                              I don't know and I don't care

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Per Allbright

                                From #Broncos source via text: "cautious optimism we're going to wrap this thing up soon" referencing Von Miller negotiations.
                                What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                                I don't know and I don't care

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X