No announcement yet.

Broncos are talking with Von Miller and his reps today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I were Wolfe or Harris who gave this team a great home discount, I would take Vons approach as a slap in the face. I personally think that we need to take a page out of belichicks book and send him packing just to make it understood that no one player is bigger than the team. We need to save the money and distribute the wealth, not spend it on one greedy piece to a big puzzle. Elway needs to move on and develop a loyal outside linebacker. I'll take a player with an inferior talent matched with fire and loyalty over an overpaid and selfish superstar any day... Bye felicia!
    Last edited by DFence; 07-08-2016, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DFence View Post
      If I was Wolf or Harris who gave this team a great home discount, I would take Vons approach as a slap in the face. I personally think that we need to take a page out of belichicks book and send him packing just to make it understood that no one player is bigger than the team. We need to save the money and distribute the wealth, not spend it on one greedy piece to a big puzzle. Elway needs to move on and develop a loyal outside linebacker. I'll take a player with an inferior talent matched with fire and loyalty over an overpaid and selfish superstar any day... Bye felicia!
      You bout to get flamed brother lol
      Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

If I was Wolf or Harris who gave this team a great home discount, I would take Vons approach as a slap in the face. I personally think that we need to take a page out of belichicks book and send him packing just to make it understood that no one player is bigger than the team. We need to save the money and distribute the wealth, not spend it on one greedy piece to a big puzzle. Elway needs to move on and develop a loyal outside linebacker. I'll take a player with an inferior talent matched with fire and loyalty over an overpaid and selfish superstar any day... Bye felicia!
        Very smart approach. The treasure trove of draft picks Miller would fetch is almost worth it, especially with how well Elway drafts.
        A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
          Very smart approach. The treasure trove of draft picks Miller would fetch is almost worth it, especially with how well Elway drafts.
          Completely agree Crash. Elway will be exploring all options until deadline, he has no reason to be in any rush.
          Last edited by DFence; 07-08-2016, 09:07 PM.

Comment

If I were Wolfe or Harris who gave this team a great home discount, I would take Vons approach as a slap in the face. I personally think that we need to take a page out of belichicks book and send him packing just to make it understood that no one player is bigger than the team. We need to save the money and distribute the wealth, not spend it on one greedy piece to a big puzzle. Elway needs to move on and develop a loyal outside linebacker. I'll take a player with an inferior talent matched with fire and loyalty over an overpaid and selfish superstar any day... Bye felicia!
            Elway did not force CHJ and Wolfe to sign their contracts. They agreed to the terms they believed suited their careers. They chose to stay with the Bromcos instead of testing the market.

Comment

Based on this update - Elway has not only guaranteed the third year he sweetened the deal twice.

Von it is time to accept the deal. Not a penny more. I expect both sides will agree to the terms on Saturday.

If Von can't accept this deal it's time to shop him for a trade.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/7...ker-von-miller

Report: Broncos making a serious push to sign linebacker Von Miller
              By Scotty Payne  @Skotty_Payne on Jul 8, 2016, 10:17p 3

Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sports

"Von will sleep on the proposal tonight.

According to 9NEWS Denver's Mike Klis, the Denver Broncos are making a serious push to get a deal done with All-Pro edge rusher Von Miller.

Klis says the Broncos have sweetened their offer not once, but twice in the past 24 hours in hopes of Miller accepting the deal.

The two sides had their differences when it came to the guaranteed money, but Klis says there was a potential breakthrough on this on Friday.

A potential breakthrough in negotiations occurred when the Broncos moved the full guarantee mechanism of their proposed $19 million salary to Miller in 2018 – the third year of their six-year offer – up a year to March of 2017. The ‘’early trigger’’ all but fully guarantees the third year because with the second year already fully guaranteed, the chances are almost nil the Broncos would release Miller prior to the second year of his deal.

This proposal really got the ball rolling on contract talks because Miller's camp responded with a proposal of their own. Elway responded with another contract proposal which reportedly again upped the guaranteed money part of the contract.

Now this is where things get exciting.

Klis says that Von would "sleep on" the latest offer and the two sides would talk again on Saturday.

The fact that he didn't reject this proposal has to be good news and Allbright's tweet seems to point at this deal getting done in the near future.

Now lets hope we all wake up to news of Von Miller signing a six-year deal in the morning and we all can move on!

Go Broncos!"
              Last edited by Fantaztic7; 07-08-2016, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
                Elway did not force CHJ and Wolfe to sign their contracts. They agreed to the terms they believed suited their careers. They chose to stay with the Bromcos instead of testing the market.
                I'm sure you're making a great point, but.... I'm failing to see it.

Comment

I'm sure you're making a great point, but.... I'm failing to see it.
                  He is saying that CHJ and Wolfe accepted their deals but just because two players didn't test the open market and took less money doesn't mean every player has too. I have no problem with Von trying to maximize his value... this is a business deal on both sides.
                  sigpic
                  "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Originally posted by MHS View Post
                    He is saying that CHJ and Wolfe accepted their deals but just because two players didn't test the open market and took less money doesn't mean every player has too. I have no problem with Von trying to maximize his value... this is a business deal on both sides.
                    Thanks for making the point. I don't think Von's potential contract is a slap in the face to other players. CHJ and Wolfe signed their deals because they believed they got what they wanted.

Comment

http://www.9news.com/mb/sports/bronc...ller/268190738

Miller neither accepted nor rejected the Broncos’ latest proposal. Branion informed Elway that Miller would sleep on it and the two sides would talk again Saturday.
                      Sleep tight, and when you wake up, get this thing done Von!
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah let arguably the best defensive player in football get traded for draft picks when we're flushed in cap space moving forward.

Harris/Wolfe could have gotten more if they wanted, both have said countless times they know they could have gotten more but love the city, team.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                          http://www.9news.com/mb/sports/bronc...ller/268190738

Sleep tight, and when you wake up, get this thing done Von!
                          Now that is actual progress. Just lock Von, Elway, and the agent in a room. Elway is like the Mariano Rivera of GMs. Enter the sandman.
                          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                            Now that is actual progress. Just lock Von, Elway, and the agent in a room. Elway is like the Mariano Rivera of GMs. Enter the sandman.
                            Elway increased the offer with the third year guaranteed. Over 24 hours he twice made the deal better - this is it for Von.

"Von this is our best and final offer. We need your decision."

Von needs to accept or face losing $14 mil this season. Meanwhile Elway will have a plan to shop Von or wait until next year to trade him.

Comment

Glad to see there is some positive movement in the discussions. Be nice to see this finalized over the weekend.

Still amazed on some of the reactions around here though. Some of the attitudes expressed around here is exactly why Miller and his agent are grinding for every dollar. Teams and fans have short memories. And in the end all the rah rah talk of "wanting to be a Bronco" is just that. For the vast majority of the players (from other regions and likely childhood allegiances to other teams) it is a business.

I would be interested to see the numbers involved. Just how much did the Broncos "sweeten the offer" ? Marginal or significant? And I also love the report of the guarantee for the third year has "practically no chance" of happening. But it still could happen, right?

As we just watched in the NBA and Wade, an iconic franchise player that took "team friendly" deals with the assumption he would be taken care of later is just as easily given the door as any other player if the team's wants to. I can see how Miller may be a bit cautious to give anyone even a slight advantage in such multi million dollar deal. If it "will not happen" then why make it an issue? Just fully guarantee it.

As I said, hope this is worked out. It should both sides seem to want to see it happen. Despite some opinions that Miller is easily replaced, he is the engine that makes this sports car go.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                                Glad to see there is some positive movement in the discussions. Be nice to see this finalized over the weekend.

Still amazed on some of the reactions around here though. Some of the attitudes expressed around here is exactly why Miller and his agent are grinding for every dollar. Teams and fans have short memories. And in the end all the rah rah talk of "wanting to be a Bronco" is just that. For the vast majority of the players (from other regions and likely childhood allegiances to other teams) it is a business.

I would be interested to see the numbers involved. Just how much did the Broncos "sweeten the offer" ? Marginal or significant? And I also love the report of the guarantee for the third year has "practically no chance" of happening. But it still could happen, right?

As we just watched in the NBA and Wade, an iconic franchise player that took "team friendly" deals with the assumption he would be taken care of later is just as easily given the door as any other player if the team's wants to. I can see how Miller may be a bit cautious to give anyone even a slight advantage in such multi million dollar deal. If it "will not happen" then why make it an issue? Just fully guarantee it.

As I said, hope this is worked out. It should both sides seem to want to see it happen. Despite some opinions that Miller is easily replaced, he is the engine that makes this sports car go.
                                It is a business indeed which is why Elway and the organization cannot simply open the check book to "pay the man" at any cost.

Marginal or significant? Depends on a subjective opinion of what is marginal or significant. Before the new offer the guaranteed pay in two years was approx. 30% over what Von would make on the FT. I view 30% as fairly significant and again that was the initial offer.

As far as the early trigger in March 2017 to guarantee Von the third year - should the Broncos not have some room to get out of the contract if Von does not play well? Since Von is the "engine that makes the sports car go" he should be able to backup his demands with great play in 2016, right? In the worst case scenario the Broncos have to pay Von just under $20 mil in 2017 to release him? If Von is the elite player many believe he has become, why would the Broncos want to part ways?

Business is a two-way street. When will Von move even a slight bit to remain with the Broncos?

As far as some believing Von is easily replaced - that isn't the case however, he can be replaced. Not in the sense of his exact talent. He is not the entire team and the Broncos would be rewarded very well in a trade.

Comment

Working...
                                X