Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
    No news is good news. Right...?
    Everyone is playing hardball still. According to 1043 the fan, everyone at dove valley went on vacation again.

Comment

I'm not so sure when there are deadlines involved lol
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
        Everyone is playing hardball still. According to 1043 the fan, everyone at dove valley went on vacation again.
        Uh...i hope for not too long.

Comment

• Originally posted by maaskesr View Post
          Uh...i hope for not too long.
          we'll training camp is coming up in just over a week so it's that time of the year to get in all your vacation and relax time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
            They're not on vacation, they're all out trying to find a reliable fax machine...

Comment

I hate to be the negative nancy but I don't feel like that's the case here. I feel like this late in the negotiations if nothing is done by tomorrow then we're looking at 2016-17 season without Von. I don't see a breakthrough with negotiations if neither Von's agent nor Elway have found middle ground by now.

Comment

• There was an interview with Chris Harris I read today. He basically said he thinks Von is serious about sitting out the season if no contract is finalized.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that but if it does I trust Elway to make the right moves to keep us championship competitive.
                Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

• So say he holds out, we go the season without. Can we still sign him during the FA? That's if he's willing to negotiate?

Comment

• Originally posted by IAMRED View Post
                    So say he holds out, we go the season without. Can we still sign him during the FA? That's if he's willing to negotiate?
                    If he holds out, Denver can reissue the FT, however it would be the non-exclusive tag. Then, yes we could sign him.
                    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by IAMRED View Post
                      So say he holds out, we go the season without. Can we still sign him during the FA? That's if he's willing to negotiate?
                      We would use the franchise tag again, although we couldn't use the exclusive rights version again. Meaning, Von could negotiate with other teams that were willing to compensate us for his rights. I believe it would be a 1st and 3rd round pick. Also, I believe we would still hold the right to match any offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                        If he holds out, Denver can reissue the FT, however it would be the non-exclusive tag. Then, yes we could sign him.
                        Beat me to it haha

Comment

• Von Miller - LB - Broncos

9 News Denver's Mike Klis is "not so sure" the Broncos will finalize a long-term agreement with franchise player Von Miller by Friday's deadline.
                          Longtime Broncos beat man Klis takes issue with the "prevailing assumption within the NFL industry" that Miller signing long term is a probable done deal. After Miller was "hurt" by the Broncos making contract talks public, Klis believes there is a "personal element in these negotiations that can’t be discounted." The smart money remains on the Broncos getting Miller signed, but Klis' skepticism is certainly notable as the deadline approaches.
                          Source: 9 News Denver
                          Jul 13 - 9:08 PM

Comment

• I was positive it would be done yesterday...suddenly not really very sure that we're going to see him in a Broncos uniform ever again.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                              I was positive it would be done yesterday...suddenly not really very sure that we're going to see him in a Broncos uniform ever again.
                              I always thought Thursday would be the earliest we see a deal done. I think Von's agent is trying to squeeze every penny, and will eventually fold when Elway doesn't blink. Late tomorrow night would be my guess.
                              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by Gsam View Post
                                Von Miller - LB - Broncos

9 News Denver's Mike Klis is "not so sure" the Broncos will finalize a long-term agreement with franchise player Von Miller by Friday's deadline.
                                Longtime Broncos beat man Klis takes issue with the "prevailing assumption within the NFL industry" that Miller signing long term is a probable done deal. After Miller was "hurt" by the Broncos making contract talks public, Klis believes there is a "personal element in these negotiations that can’t be discounted." The smart money remains on the Broncos getting Miller signed, but Klis' skepticism is certainly notable as the deadline approaches.
                                Source: 9 News Denver
                                Jul 13 - 9:08 PM
                                So this is about hurt feelings and not about the amount of guaranteed money? Great. Just great. This makes it sound like no matter what they offer he won't sign because of how Elway handled things in the early stages. That's how I read it.
                                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                                X