Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dizzolve
    replied
    How is it all the talking heads forget the exact thing they report at the start of all these negotiations? And that is the fact that nothing ever gets done and that the real offers never happen until near the deadline. Usually inside of 24 hours.

So then the deal gets done - and the final offers made later in the game were all because Von was posturing? MMmm I don't buy it. This is just how negotiations work. Clubs start low - players start high. As time moves closer to the deadline, the clubs raise their offers and the player lowers his initial offers.... both compromise and a deal is made.

And why would Elway ever give permission to allow Von to seek a trade? That was the whole point of using the tag in the first place. So that the Broncos didn't have to negotiate against other clubs.

Be interesting to see how different the CBA looks after next negotiations in 2020 I think it is. System is borked.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
    What else were they asking for that was not included in his offer? If the offer didn't change from last Friday to what he accepted what else did they want that would cause them to ask for a trade?

Elway gave him everything that Miller asked for and his agent all of a sudden wanted more. Sounds like this agent was trying to squeeze every penny he could out of Elway.

This is either some media guy trying to make up stuff for more clicks or Von and his agent were really trying to push Elway's buttons. I am glad Elway stood his ground because Von got more than enough in his contract.
    Probably wanted all the guaranteed money up front and not the break down they got would be my guess.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    I don't think it matters, it's in the past now, they asked, Elway said no, they signed a deal, end of story. It should also be noted that Florio has played a weird role in this entire thing, he was almost daily posting articles about how Miller should sit out the season, then that Miller should sit out 10 games, and all the leverage was Miller's. Even the first sentence in the linked article contains a shot towards people that disagreed with his stories. Based on everything I would question if Florio has some sort of relationship (source etc.) with Miller's agent? And this was the final shot being taken in retaliation for not getting more in the end?

That's the only way Florio's endless stories and even this story make sense. Otherwise there's no reason for either side to have this story get out, especially now.

Leave a comment:

• one_bad_55
    replied
    What else were they asking for that was not included in his offer? If the offer didn't change from last Friday to what he accepted what else did they want that would cause them to ask for a trade?

Elway gave him everything that Miller asked for and his agent all of a sudden wanted more. Sounds like this agent was trying to squeeze every penny he could out of Elway.

This is either some media guy trying to make up stuff for more clicks or Von and his agent were really trying to push Elway's buttons. I am glad Elway stood his ground because Von got more than enough in his contract.

Leave a comment:

• Strip Sacked
    replied
    I honestly think he was just trying to pull some last minute leverage. Definitely an ugly chase the money story. I just hope Von delivers.

Leave a comment:

• Bouncer1531
    replied
    Report: Von Miller’s agent requested permission to seek trade

Interesting read about the 11th hour details to Von's deal

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...to-seek-trade/

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    I get that and respect it. I obviously don't have the pulse of every Broncos fan or the coaches, just my own perspective.

I like von, i think he's a fine player. I just think he's getting overpaid. I enjoyed winning it all, and Von was a huge part of that. It's just my opinion that it's not going to happen again. Remember when Houston had the best defense in the league, but the whole world was saying "if they only had an offense..." IMO that's where we're going with signing this kind of deal with a defensive player. It will be fun to watch though. Not saying the seasons over or I won't be the same Broncos fan.

I hope he tears it up. I hope two years from now I can say it was worth every penny and every potential free agent and player (like Emmanuel) lost. I have my doubts though.
    We still have upwards of 35-40 mil in cap room for 2017, if we dont sign Sanders, it wont be because of cap space.

But paying your #2 receiver ina run first offense top 10 WR money is questionable cap business.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    The neck rub and foot massage Elway had to give him are not quite up snuff...

My client feels sufficiently dispassionate at the moment.
    Gotta spread it. You're one funny dude.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by IAMRED View Post
    The slime ball.
    Interesting. You wanted Von to be paid but call his agent a slime ball. His agent helped him get the contract to be the highest paid defender in NFL history. As the saying goes you have to spend money to make money. Von spent a small percentage to get a huge payday.

Leave a comment:

• Strip Sacked
    replied
    Originally posted by Rastic View Post
    And so, boys and girls, ends the story of "How Von got Paid."
    Money
    Well
    Spent

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    And so, boys and girls, ends the story of "How Von got Paid."

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied
    Von Miller ‏@Millerlite40 5m5 minutes ago
    FOR LIFE

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied
    NFL Network ‏@nflnetwork 14s15 seconds ago
    Von Miller rn. #Paid

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    https://twitter.com/Rand_Getlin/stat...13450624348161

Per Rand Getlkn the Broncos and Von Miller agreed to terms of 6 year contract.

Leave a comment:

• DarkHorse26
    replied
    With 2 hours to go it's quiet, too quiet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X