X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aqib Talib “back running and everything”

Aqib Talib “back running and everything”

Posted by Josh Alper on July 18, 2016, 2:51 PM EDT

Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib was sidelined for the end of the team’s offseason work as a result of the gunshot wound he suffered in Dallas in early June, but he doesn’t expect to be on the shelf for the start of training camp.

Talib was at safety T.J. Ward’s golf tournament on Monday and Cameron Wolfe of the Denver Post reports that the cornerback was moving without much of a limp in his first public appearance since the shooting. Talib says that he “feels great” and that he’s “back running and everything” with training camp about to start.

Talib said that he “should be” ready to roll when the Broncos hold their first camp practice on July 28. That may not preclude a short stay on the physically unable to perform list to make sure that all is well.

The circumstances of Talib’s shooting were still being investigated early this month with a report from Dallas police stating they were looking for an “unknown suspect” as Talib told them he didn’t know who shot him in the right leg.

Source: profootballtalk.nbcsports.com
    I don't see a way that he avoids the PUP list at least for a short while. If moving "without much of a limp" (i.e., moving a slight limp) he is not in football shape.

Anyway, glad he's on the mend and hope he can be something close to his 2015 self.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ready-for-camp

short video proving he can walk lol

WB Talib
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
      I don't see a way that he avoids the PUP list at least for a short while. If moving "without much of a limp" (i.e., moving a slight limp) he is not in football shape.

Anyway, glad he's on the mend and hope he can be something close to his 2015 self.
      We can also hope this was an eye opener for Aqib and others of the clubbin' mentality.

Nuthin' good happens at three in the morning...
      [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
        We can also hope this was an eye opener for Aqib and others of the clubbin' mentality.

Nuthin' good happens at three in the morning
        Other than when I take that "necessary" pee, and hop back into my dreams!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          Other than when I take that "necessary" pee, and hop back into my dreams!
          I stand corrected...
          [sigpic

Comment

I see someone else beat me to the 3 a.m toilet time confession
            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

As long as he's back to bringing down Pick 6's I'm willing to forget the whole shooting yourself in the leg incident.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                I see someone else beat me to the 3 a.m toilet time confession
                You and I will need to schedule our breaks so that there is no overlap.......

Comment

Don't shoot yourself in the butt, mkay?
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Eye opener or eye poker? Please clarify...

Comment

Let's just hope Talib doesn't get suspended for possibly shooting himself in the leg. At least we are stacked at cornerback but I definitely don't want Talib gone for long if he does get suspended we will all find out soon

Comment

Originally posted by darklord View Post
                        Let's just hope Talib doesn't get suspended for possibly shooting himself in the leg. At least we are stacked at cornerback but I definitely don't want Talib gone for long if he does get suspended we will all find out soon
                        He has no charges filed against him as of yet. Is he still viable for suspension?

Comment

Yes, we all hope so. But I was hoping a suspension last year and the calming influence of D Ware would center him, and then he nearly got ejected from the Super Bowl. So eye openers aren't universally accepted.

Comment

Who knows, maybe the hole in the leg will make him more aerodynamic...hence more effective.

Comment

Working...
                            X