Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Trevor Siemian beats out Mark Sanchez, then Paxton Lynch will beat out Trevor Siem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Trevor Siemian beats out Mark Sanchez, then Paxton Lynch will beat out Trevor Siem

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/7...nch-will-beat#

So has Adam Schefter completely lost his mind or does the second year seventh rounder truly have a chance to start over Mark Sanchez and ahead of Paxton Lynch?

As far as I'm concerned and with no disrespect to Trevor Siemian but Siemian has no game time experience, no real game time experience so what is the difference between starting him starting or Paxton lynch at this current time?

We all know that Paxton Lynch is far more talented Donely reason I could see Trevor starting ahead of him is to protect Lynch from having an information overload and getting beat up and possibly ruined throughout his rookie season.

More chatter about Trevor Siemian being a viable option at quarterback for the Denver Broncos erupted yesterday with Adam Schefter saying on Sirius XM Radio that he has a legitimate shot to win the job.

I'm happy for Siemian, but he was unable to even become part of the conversation in 2015 with an ailing Peyton Manning and an inexperienced Brock Osweiler vying for playing time. So to hear this message consistently being pushed is more of an indictment on Mark Sanchez than it is on Siemian's supposed gargantuan leap in his second NFL season.

If these rumors are true, then I would expect rookie first round pick Paxton Lynch to end up beating out Siemian for the starting job. In no reality would a team start an unproven second year seventh round quarterback over an unproven first round draft pick. That's just fact. If you disagree, provide one example where a team went with a low round draft pick with zero game experience over a first round draft pick at the quarterback position.

While I like Siemian and think he could develop into a capable backup, I just don't see this chatter as anything more than a smoke screen by the Broncos themselves. Either they are really trying to protect their investment in Lynch or they are really not happy with the progression of Sanchez up to this point.

I suspect its the former. I remain adamant that the only two quarterbacks that could start Week 1 barring injury is Sanchez or Lynch.
    Last edited by Peanut; 07-19-2016, 11:32 AM. Reason: Fixed link.

I think it's completely ignorant to base who is going start off of drafting position. Yes, Lynch is a first rounder that Denver traded up for, however if he's struggling learning the system there is no doubt in my mind that Kubiak will go with a vet who has been in the system a year longer.

I am very confident in Gary Kubiak's ability to judge QB's, and if he says Lynch is a third stringer, then thats how it will be until proven otherwise. I don't need examples of what other teams have done, it's good enough for me to know that Kubes will put each and every one of his guys in the best position to win. If Mark can't handle it, then Trevor will get a shot well before Paxton if he's running the offense more efficiently.

Comment

Well....I would take that with a grain of salt at this point. Let's see how things are going in a few weeks. But, if he can show in preseason that he deserves a shot, then I don't care what round he was drafted in, play 'em! I think we get too wrapped up in what round a guy was drafted in. Regardless, I believe that the best thing for Pax at this point would be to sit the year and learn. So if that means starting Trevor (assuming he would be able to hold his own on the field), then so be it.

Trevor Siemian has has a future in this league. It may be only as a backup, but he definitely has what it takes. I would not be surprised one bit if he ends up being AT LEAST as good as Brock....

Comment

Egos can get in the way and people don't want to look bad by trading up to draft a quarterback in the first round, only for him to never see the field.

It would not surprise me one bit if Lynch gets a chance before Siemian, regardless of who the better quarterback is.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by 4th Amigo View Post
          Well....I would take that with a grain of salt at this point. Let's see how things are going in a few weeks. But, if he can show in preseason that he deserves a shot, then I don't care what round he was drafted in, play 'em! I think we get too wrapped up in what round a guy was drafted in. Regardless, I believe that the best thing for Pax at this point would be to sit the year and learn. So if that means starting Trevor (assuming he would be able to hold his own on the field), then so be it.

Trevor Siemian has has a future in this league. It may be only as a backup, but he definitely has what it takes. I would not be surprised one bit if he ends up being AT LEAST as good as Brock....
          Overpaid and playing in Texas?

Look out Romo! Jerry Jones is already whipping out them binoculars.

Comment

Certainly going to be interesting to see who creates separation in camp and earns the job.

I have confidence in Kubiak's ability to put the best QB on the field. But he can only do so much with what he has on the roster.

My concern is the quality of the QBs he has to work with. Will any of them be considered a legitimate starting quality QB by game 1? How will they compare to their peers in the league, not just to one another.

As for it being ignorant to make assumptions about impact based on draft position. Why?

I would consider it an anomaly for any 7th round QB with no experience to be the starter for any team, wouldn't you if it wasn't the Broncos? To assume he will be a quality starter is much more of an stretch then assuming he wouldn't. I agree it is a great story but if Siemian starts IMO it says more about the other QBs playing like crap then about him being some hidden talent.

If the competition is close by the end of camp I hope Lynch gets the nod. Put the best talent on the field and let Kubiak "coach him up". Either Sanchez or Siemian needs to significantly stand out for me to change my opinion.

Comment

I am not sure yet whether this is a positive, that Simian is really doing that well, or the byproduct of a larger problem, that our QB roster talent pool is such that he has a legitimate shot sitting under Sanchez.

Regardless, until pads go on training camp begins nobody knows what the outcome will be, much less how things stand right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                https://www.google.com/amp/www.milehighreport.com/platform/amp/2016/7/19/12221752/if-trevor-siemian-beats-out-mark-sanchez-then-paxton-lynch-will-beat#

So has Adam Schefter completely lost his mind or does the second year seventh rounder truly have a chance to start over Mark Sanchez and ahead of Paxton Lynch?

As far as I'm concerned and with no disrespect to Trevor Siemian but Siemian has no game time experience, no real game time experience so what is the difference between starting him starting or Paxton lynch at this current time?

We all know that Paxton Lynch is far more talented Donely reason I could see Trevor starting ahead of him is to protect Lynch from having an information overload and getting beat up and possibly ruined throughout his rookie season.
                Siemian may not have reg season game experience but A) he knows the system better than Sanchez or Lynch, and B) when he played last preseason he showed a lot of composure. The guy is confident and he has a great arm. I won't be surprised or disappointed if he becomes the starter.
                sigpic

Comment

Gotta have controversy and now that miller is signed, guess this is it...
                  Glen Haven Fire

Comment

and may the best qb win.. now lets put on some pads and get too it
                    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

I just can't wait till Kubes states whom will be the starter so we can all get behind him,
                      I just want the season to start and get back to the SB.
                      Gooooo
                      Broncosss

Comment

QB is such a mental position though. Siemian has a good arm and showed in the preseason that he is willing to step into his throws with pressure in his face. He's not incredibly mobile but that's a bonus to have, not a necessity, and he's no more immobile than Sanchez. He's a composed/confident individual.

Comment

Hilarious.

We had a Thread that asked who we thought would be the "Starting QB" for the Broncos. If I wasn't the only one who picked Trevor Siemian, then I was one of a couple. But I don't know what's going to happen in pre-season. And neither does anyone on this Board. Let's face it, finding a starting QB in the Draft is a crap-shoot. Whether it's a 1st Pick, like Sam Bradford, who in my opinion is a complete "Bust", or a Tom Brady who was the 33rd Pick in the 6th Round, who is in the Top 5 QBs to ever play the game.

Great QBs are where you find them. And when I hear that Siemian can't be any good because he was chosen in the 7th Round (mainly because he was coming off ACL surgery that ended his Senior season in college), I have to shake my head in utter amazement.

Will Siemian be the Starter? Nobody knows. Will Siemian be a good QB, or a complete failure" Nobody knows. And you can say the same thing about Paxton Lynch, today. Have we learned nothing from the likes of Brock Osweiler?

Comment

Gary Kubiak will start the QB who knows the playbook best, can master the script quickest in practice, processes what he sees in the shortest amount of time, executes what is called and shows leadership. The other two will need to be ready in case they are needed. We'll just need to follow TC and preseason games and wait to find out who that is on the understanding that it could change during the season. Looks like there is competition at every position except PK, and that is good.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I think the author's (Tim Lynch) logic is suspect...

Siemian was coming off injury and was a rookie, late-round pick. He was vying for a job against PFM and Brock (who had 4 years of experience). Just because he couldn't displace a HOF QB and a QB w 4 years experience doesn't mean he couldn't start and play really well this year.

I know it's pre-season and he was playing against other 3rd and 4th string guys, but TS pre-season was really impressive last year. Out of our 3 QBs, he was the only one who consistently lead TD drives. The kid looks to have nerves of steel as well as being calm and focused.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he started. He's been impressive in his limited time here.

Comment

Working...
                              X