Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Trevor Siemian beats out Mark Sanchez, then Paxton Lynch will beat out Trevor Siem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
    I agree.

In fact, I look for Darius Kilgo to make a push for Williams starting job. And then maybe some member of the "East Coast Sports Media" at the NY Post can ask Kilgo who he things will be the starting QB.
    No good. Kilgo is the source they're using for the RB competition...

Comment

Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
      High praise for TS is great - from observations in camp and pre-season. Pre-season he did not compete against starting defenses.

As far as comparing him to Os - he still sat for those years behind PM and was called on without any starts. Big difference starting deep in the season with pressure of playoffs on the line. Not to mention he got his first starts behind the 23rd ranked line for pass protection - everyone knows the issues on the line last season. We don't know how TS would have performed in that situation.

Will be great if TS emerges as a starter that can execute efficiently.
      I merely stated what was reported.

Myself I am neutral on who they decide to start. I really do not have a horse in the race other than the best in the eyes of the coaching staff.

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
        I agree.

In fact, I look for Darius Kilgo to make a push for Williams starting job. And then maybe some member of the "East Coast Sports Media" at the NY Post can ask Kilgo who he things will be the starting QB.
        Too funny....

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
          I merely stated what was reported.

Myself I am neutral on who they decide to start. I really do not have a horse in the race other than the best in the eyes of the coaching staff.
          Same here. I would say with all the buzz about TS - would be cool to see him play. Who knows maybe he's more talented than we know. We'll get to see in pre-season and maybe he ends up as the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
            Same here. I would say with all the buzz about TS - would be cool to see him play. Who knows maybe he's more talented than we know. We'll get to see in pre-season and maybe he ends up as the guy.
            Eh. I'm all for TS starting too, but Sanchez's experience gives him the edge unless Simien smokes him in training camp. Which by all accounts has been more of an even battle. Realistically all signs point to Sanchez starting for better or for worse.
            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

It's all guesswork and speculation on a process that will begin in earnest next week. My guess is that Mark Sanchez will start with Trevor Siemian as his backup in the event Sanchez falters or is injured. When the coaches feel Paxton Lynch is ready, he will start. I think Trevor was drafted and retained to be Osweiler's backup and will end up being Lynch's backup just as Kubiak was Elway's backup.

Opponents know that Denver will want to run the ball, so they will stack the box to force the pass. The Broncos will probably want to run and throw 30-40 times each per game. Most of the pass attempts will probably be PAP. Denver has dangerous receivers who will draw attention, so passes will also go to RB, FB and TE. Boot off of play-action will be standard for all the Bronco QBs whether they have the ball or not because what they do after the meshpoint should always look the same.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                Eh. I'm all for TS starting too, but Sanchez's experience gives him the edge unless Simien smokes him in training camp. Which by all accounts has been more of an even battle. Realistically all signs point to Sanchez starting for better or for worse.
                I tend to agree that exprience wins out if everything is close to equal.

Comment

All that is known now by Bronco coaches (well before TC starts) is how well...or badly...the qb is retaining knowledge and how well they are throwing the ball.

The people predicting who will start at this point may as well be using a Crystal Ball or drawing names randomly from a hat.
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

I'm honestly just hoping something good comes out of our little trio. Whether it be Mark, Trevor, or PL. Good enough to keep us competitive. I'm not more or less emotionally attached to any QB like I was Manning, Tebow, Plummer, Elway and so on.

Wouldn't it be something if they all contribute throughout the season like Kubiak did with Brock and Peyton.

Comment

Originally posted by IAMRED View Post
                      I'm honestly just hoping something good comes out of our little trio. Whether it be Mark, Trevor, or PL. Good enough to keep us competitive. I'm not more or less emotionally attached to any QB like I was Manning, Tebow, Plummer, Elway and so on.

Wouldn't it be something if they all contribute throughout the season like Kubiak did with Brock and Peyton.
                      Same here. If Sanchez were to break through with great performance - will be excellent to happen in Denver. Siemian would be a nice story as a 7th round guy coming behind Manning to lead the offense. Lastly, Lynch with the way Elway made the moves to draft him - will be great to see him develop with so much raw talent.

In some way I think the offense has a better chance to succeed because they are so new - they will make some mistakes but they have a chance to prove they can come together quickly. TC and preseason will go faster than we know.

Comment

Working...
                      X