• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pittsburgh has some of the answers, but we can adjust I believe

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
      Malik was the recipient of some 15 yard flags

That said let them talk...they believe It, it's not false bravado, they can back It up

Last year was the first year in a new defense...they also had what was one of the worst offenses in the league, and one that at times seemed totally inept, couldn't score, couldn't sustain drives...many 3n outs on top of the frequent TOs

And yet despite one of the hardest schedules

They were by far...when you factor in the bad field position the offense handed them to defend, the offense handing the other team points and great field position

The best defense in the league...and theres nothing preventing them from being better yet
      Absolutely.

Our defense last year was without question an historically great defense. Our yards per play of 4.4 is unbelievable when factoring in newer rules handicapping a defense to help produce higher scores (in addition to player safety). Era adjusted, our defense was easily top three all-time. When you factor in both the fifth hardest strength of schedule, in addition to ranking 29th opponent starting field position, our defense was otherworldly.

If our offense has improved this year (which seems likely)…Ward is not throwing out an empty boast.
      To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
        Absolutely.

Our defense last year was without question an historically great defense. Our yards per play of 4.4 is unbelievable when factoring in newer rules handicapping a defense to help produce higher scores (in addition to player safety). Era adjusted, our defense was easily top three all-time. When you factor in both the fifth hardest strength of schedule, in addition to ranking 29th opponent starting field position, our defense was otherworldly.

If our offense has improved this year (which seems likely)…Ward is not throwing out an empty boast.
        Amazing - 29th ranked opponent starting position. Thanks for adding that stat - says it all about the defense.

Comment

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...0-4751c0866c3b

Listen to the folks on NFLN debate Ward's statement....They certainly don't agree.
          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
            As they will. But it's not like they were quiet last season either, hence the self proclaimed "No Fly Zone". I know our guys can talk that smack and punch somebody in the mouf'. I want us to be on all 32 teams minds. I want that because I know our guys in the secondary can defend anybody. I know our front 7 can crush any run attack and pummel any QB. So I love them talking that talk.
            Yup, those opposing offenses need to see when they step on the field this isn't hype. Get a team intimidated early like that and shaken up, turnover time.

Just finish the game, no bonehead plays. You'll win your fair share and lose a few along the way but every team will remember when they played the Broncos.
            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
              http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...0-4751c0866c3b

Listen to the folks on NFLN debate Ward's statement....They certainly don't agree.

I agree with what they are saying though... This era is tough on d ..
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                He's making my point for me, the guy talking about the 85 Bears. Last years defense is easily a top 3.

To put it in perspective, what does everyone think the narrative would be if the Cowboys had won with defense like that?

IMO We'd hear words like "genius", "architect", "dynasty" and phrases like "greatest of all time".

I sound like a super homer but its the truth.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I guess if we caveat it with the label modera era this D is historic...

I just see what the analyst is saying when he talks about the ability to defend like those 85 bears and 00 Ravens. If this d could do that... Opponents might have score zero points against us, lol.
                  sigpic

Comment

I guess if we caveat it with the label modera era this D is historic...

I just see what the analyst is saying when he talks about the ability to defend like those 85 bears and 00 Ravens. If this d could do that... Opponents might have score zero points against us, lol.
                    How fun would it be to watch a defense that averages a defensive score a game. :hammer:
                    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                      He's making my point for me, the guy talking about the 85 Bears. Last years defense is easily a top 3.

To put it in perspective, what does everyone think the narrative would be if the Cowboys had won with defense like that?

IMO We'd hear words like "genius", "architect", "dynasty" and phrases like "greatest of all time".

I sound like a super homer but its the truth.
                      I agree with you Cory.

First, what I reacted to was not so much to what they were saying but more in the way they said it. They both spoke with an air of complete disdain and dismissiveness in their voice and manner.

Ward has never said they are the best ever but that they are striving to be. There is nothing wrong with working towards that goal.

Second, to your point Cory.. If this were the Cowboys or other media darling team, this defense would be respected more. The level of disrespect our team gets is really mind boggling.

All we hear is that the loss of Malik and Trevathan cannot be overcome and that they were so pivotal to our success last year.

It annoys me that these reporters don't look deeper than that and see that while they were great players for us, they certainly were not irreplaceable type players. If they would dig deeper, they would see that Elway has drafted for depth and we already have their replacements.

Can this defense be the best ever? We shall see. Is it a great goal to work for, absolutely!!!!
                      Last edited by broncoslover115; 07-24-2016, 09:56 AM.
                      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                        I agree with you Cory.

First, what I reacted to was not so much to what they were saying but more in the way they said it. They both spoke with an air of complete disdain and dismissiveness in their voice and manner.

Ward has never said they are the best ever but that they are striving to be. There is nothing wrong with working towards that goal.

Second, to your point Cory.. If this were the Cowboys or other media darling team, this defense would be respected more. The level of disrespect our team gets is really mind boggling.

All we hear is that the loss of Malik and Trevathan cannot be overcome and that they were so pivotal to our success last year.

It annoys me that these reporters don't look deeper than that and see that while they were great players for us, they certainly were not irreplaceable type players. If they would dig deeper, they would see that Elway has drafted for depth and we already have their replacements.

Can this defense be the best ever? We shall see. Is it a great goal to work for, absolutely!!!!
                        Agreed on all points. Also, the guy talking about the 77 Crush saying "be the best defense of all time on your own team first", was the same guy saying last year that SB appearances don't matter unless you win the game. Hilarious.
                        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Pack Mules View Post
                          Pittsburgh has some of the answers, but we can adjust I believe
                          I'm not so sure about that because the Broncos had to play that week 15 game with Bush and Keo at FS/SS. Ward, Stewart and Bolden were out and Bruton suffered a broken leg. Then Antonio Brown missed the divisional round. We were not able to watch the Steelers with Antonio Brown and the Broncos with their starting safeties in coverage.
                          sigpic

Comment

But can that be held against them? It makes what they did all the more impressive IMO. They may never reach the per game averages because of the way the league has changed but I've never seen a more dominant defensive effort than what happened in the Super Bowl.

If this defense plays like they did last year this year, those same "analysts" will start singing a different tune.

Comment

Love the mentality. The experience of last year will help them tremendously if they wish to improve, but after winning it all, it's the mental part of the game that usually gets to players. Hard to be quite as hungry, but if this is their mindset, I definitely believe they can achieve it. Let's hope so, at least.
                              Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Stop calling them experts its insulting

Comment

Working...
                                X