X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strip Sacked
    replied
    Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
    Although the defense may miss Jackson's defensive production, they definitely won't miss his bonehead flags. I don't know how many times I've seen unnecessary flags thrown for late hit and roughing the passer.

One trend I am apprehensive of is the Phillips' sophomore slump. His defenses aren't as productive the following year for some weird reason.
    He's a Super Bowl Champion now.

New era mate.

Leave a comment:

• Rancid
    replied
    Best of all time? They certainly seem to have a legitimate shot at doing so.

Leave a comment:

• Bterres105
    replied
    Although the defense may miss Jackson's defensive production, they definitely won't miss his bonehead flags. I don't know how many times I've seen unnecessary flags thrown for late hit and roughing the passer.

One trend I am apprehensive of is the Phillips' sophomore slump. His defenses aren't as productive the following year for some weird reason.

Leave a comment:

• GiddyupGetEm
    replied
    You can't logically say backups replacing starters increases your talent level. But 9 of 11 returning starters, plus Roby, means we are really positioned to do succeed. If they are going to be better than last year, there are some keys:

First, our offense has to eat up more clock. With an improved O-Line I think that we can achieve that.
    Second, cut down the penalties, particularly on 3rd down and personal fouls. And no more suspensions!!!
    Third, step on their throats. Too many times last year we took plays off and let teams back in games.

I want to be #1 in the following categories.
    Points against (ideally under 200)
    Yards against
    First downs against
    Sacks
    Turnovers
    Three-and-out percentage

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    The key to Denver's defensive success is how well they defend the run. They are especially good against zone blocking. An offense committed to angle blocked plays within the TE holes might have more success.

Broncos' D is built to pursue and stop the pass. A pass heavy team, or one that must pass, will be in trouble against Wade Phillip's defense.

Before the Super Bowl, I thought Carolina's only chance was to run the ball, especially Option, because I didn't think their O-Line could block Denver's pass rush. IMO they should have run, not throw any passes and not go out-of-bounds. But, that wasn't going to happen in the pass happy NFL where the ball is in the air most of the time.

Denver's D is pretty set for the next several years contract-wise. There are a couple of guys Elway will need to re-sign, but most of the starters are under contract for at least four years. It's a defense built to stop what the majority of offenses are running these days.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    I believe it!!!

"NO FLY ZONE"!!!!

😊

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    If the offense can improve, that alone should help the defense. It would be incredible for the D to maintain playoff pace. However, if our offense can win TOP and score on long sustained drives, that should improve the Defense.

Leave a comment:

• Strip Sacked
    replied
    I agree, barring any freak injuries or health scares, this defense should be even better than last year. Cementing Wade's unit as one of the best in football history.

Leave a comment:

• darklord
    replied
    I think the D will be better this year as long as the offense doesn't lose the game for us with our D a repeat is definitely in site

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    started a topic Ward: "Broncos could be best D of all time"

Ward: "Broncos could be best D of all time"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-of-all-time/

The 2015 Broncos defense, which won the Super Bowl despite shaky quarterback play throughout most of the year, was one of the best the league has seen in recent years. Safety T.J. Ward thinks the Denver defense can become one of the best of any year.

“There is no ceiling,” Ward said Monday at his charity golf tournament, via Cameron Wolfe of the Denver Post. “We can be as good as we want to be. We can become the best defense of all time. That’s what we’re working toward.”

Part of the challenge in 2016 will be to adjust to the departure of defensive lineman Malik Jackson and linebacker Danny Trevathan via free agency. The good news is that linebacker Von Miller has a new six-year contract.

“Von, he’s up to every challenge,” Ward said. “That’s the caliber of player that we expect him to be from here on now, and that’s why he got paid the way he did. He is a franchise player, and he is the face of this franchise.”

With five total sacks in the two most important games of the year, it’s a title Miller has earned. Whether the Broncos nail down the title of best defense ever will hinge on Miller and the rest of his teammates playing at an even higher level next year.

love seeing the confidence. Just like with anything else in the league the Broncos have to do it twice as long to get the same respect. :shrug:

Hope we can repeat and really cement this legacy.
Working...
X