• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lumiere
    replied
    Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
    Maybe they only tuned in for this play and went back into hybernation

Broncos were #3 against the run at 83.6 yds/gm. So we gave up 1 highlight run by none other than AP.
    IIRC, our D led the league in rushing yards per attempt. There were just a huge number of attempts made because passing against us was certain death.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Why does everyone keep saying we aren't good against the run?
    Because technically that's our "weakness" but it's only considered that because our pass defense is out of this world. Our defense fools teams into thinking there's a hole that isn't there. Sly isn't your prototypical stonewall NT but Jackson and Wolfe were so good at shooting gaps and blowing up running plays it didn't matters. Trevathan and Marshall were great at playing through traffic and Ward/Stewart are terrific run support safeties who came down like heat seeking missiles.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Maybe they only tuned in for this play and went back into hybernation

Broncos were #3 against the run at 83.6 yds/gm. So we gave up 1 highlight run by none other than AP.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 07-26-2016, 03:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    I was saying early in the 2015 season teams need to stop passing against us. Our offense was not that good and a 8-15 yard drive behind a 2-6 run dominanted play calls then punt was probably going to be better then throwing against us 2-6 times before punting or worse. More often then not worse was gonna happen when throwing against us.

This year if our offense can just turn the ball over less...or maybe even be more productive...things will be much harder on the rest of the NFL.

The concept of accepting below average plays and below average drives as a good thing because a defense can make so many bad things happen for the offense....well it is not a new concept...it was just a new concept to accept for our defense.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Whoever is saying it is not in touch.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...0-4751c0866c3b

Listen to the folks on NFLN debate Ward's statement....They certainly don't agree.
    Probably true.

We didnt have a ton of injuries last year, and while Malik/Danny arent as big of losses as the media proclaims they're still losses.

Defense should still be really good but never know.

Saying the 77 defense was better is reaching though.
    Last edited by ERoyal248; 07-25-2016, 05:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by Pack Mules View Post
    Stop calling them experts its insulting
    Well, there you go. :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• conannilsen
    replied
    Moreso similar to the Tampa Bay Bucs. Good old Tampa 2.

Leave a comment:

• conannilsen
    replied
    I think the only real difference between the Defenses of the Ravens/Steelers/Bears and our own was that our MLB's cast no Fear. They had MLB's that would chew an opponent's finger off, while ours were stellar in Reads and Coverage.

Leave a comment:

• Pack Mules
    replied
    Stop calling them experts its insulting

Leave a comment:

• RunYouOver
    replied
    Love the mentality. The experience of last year will help them tremendously if they wish to improve, but after winning it all, it's the mental part of the game that usually gets to players. Hard to be quite as hungry, but if this is their mindset, I definitely believe they can achieve it. Let's hope so, at least.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    I agree with what they are saying though... This era is tough on d ..
    But can that be held against them? It makes what they did all the more impressive IMO. They may never reach the per game averages because of the way the league has changed but I've never seen a more dominant defensive effort than what happened in the Super Bowl.

If this defense plays like they did last year this year, those same "analysts" will start singing a different tune.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Originally posted by Pack Mules View Post
    Pittsburgh has some of the answers, but we can adjust I believe
    I'm not so sure about that because the Broncos had to play that week 15 game with Bush and Keo at FS/SS. Ward, Stewart and Bolden were out and Bruton suffered a broken leg. Then Antonio Brown missed the divisional round. We were not able to watch the Steelers with Antonio Brown and the Broncos with their starting safeties in coverage.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I agree with you Cory.

First, what I reacted to was not so much to what they were saying but more in the way they said it. They both spoke with an air of complete disdain and dismissiveness in their voice and manner.

Ward has never said they are the best ever but that they are striving to be. There is nothing wrong with working towards that goal.

Second, to your point Cory.. If this were the Cowboys or other media darling team, this defense would be respected more. The level of disrespect our team gets is really mind boggling.

All we hear is that the loss of Malik and Trevathan cannot be overcome and that they were so pivotal to our success last year.

It annoys me that these reporters don't look deeper than that and see that while they were great players for us, they certainly were not irreplaceable type players. If they would dig deeper, they would see that Elway has drafted for depth and we already have their replacements.

Can this defense be the best ever? We shall see. Is it a great goal to work for, absolutely!!!!
    Agreed on all points. Also, the guy talking about the 77 Crush saying "be the best defense of all time on your own team first", was the same guy saying last year that SB appearances don't matter unless you win the game. Hilarious.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X