Broncos sign former Ravens WR Marlon Brown, waive RB Cyrus Gray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos sign former Ravens WR Marlon Brown, waive RB Cyrus Gray

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Broncos made another pre-camp roster move Wednesday afternoon, signing former Ravens wide receiver Marlon Brown.

To make room for Brown, they waived running back Cyrus Gray, who was a reserve-future signee but was limited during the last two weeks of OTAs.

Brown, a veteran of three previous seasons with the Ravens, started 15 games and played in 38 regular-season contests from 2013-15. He caught 87 passes for 891 yards and seven touchdowns, with a majority of his production coming in the 2013 season in which he made 12 starts. That year, he amassed 524 yards and all seven of his career touchdowns on 49 receptions.

An undrafted product of Georgia, Brown will wear jersey No. 89.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...b-b9201c341576
    Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Would be great if he can turn out to be as great a signing as Darian Stewart!

Additional comments from MHR:

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/7...-one-year-deal

Comment

Not a bad move.
      sigpic

Comment

He could be our solid #3 guy this year. Wasn't Kubiak in Baltimore in 2013, his best year?
        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
        sigpic

Comment

Could this be the beginning of the end of Cody Latimer?

This move elevates the competition at WR (pardon the 6'-5" Pun).
          sigpic

Comment

I like that ne knows the system already.... That's a camp ready body that might surprise.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
              He could be our solid #3 guy this year. Wasn't Kubiak in Baltimore in 2013, his best year?
              Kubiak was Baltimore 2014 but yes he's very familiar with him. Interestingly his 1st TD was against the Broncos:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/video...e-3f8b54be79cc

Comment

I think Cody stays because of what he brings on ST unless Marlon can best him there

Comment

Originally posted by killacal View Post
                  I think Cody stays because of what he brings on ST unless Marlon can best him there
                  Latimer is gonna surprise some people this year.

I don't know what to think of this move. We have multiple big men at WR that play all over the field, why cloud an already deep position? Hmm.
                  A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                    Could this be the beginning of the end of Cody Latimer?

This move elevates the competition at WR (pardon the 6'-5" Pun).
                    I think it has more to do with Jordan Taylor. Brown was the 4th or 5th WR for Baltimore last year and they're incredibly weak at the position.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post

I don't know what to think of this move. We have multiple big men at WR that play all over the field, why cloud an already deep position? Hmm.
                      One of them does run off the field grimacing in pain almost every time he has to catch the ball. Depth is good.
                      [sigpic

Comment

He surprised me last year...It was shocking just how non-existent he was. I expect about the same this season....
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                          He surprised me last year...It was shocking just how non-existent he was. I expect about the same this season....
                          We'll see. This is likely his last shot with the Broncos. He was contributor on special teams and now he needs to show he can be the #3. Marlon Brown is more competition which I like.

Kubiak on Latimer:

“He’s behind two great players, and my position with him has always been ‘Cody, guys at your position do one of two things, some guys sit there and say ‘Heck, I’m not going to pass up those two great guys’ or some guys say ‘I’m going to be better’,’ and he’s taken the working approach to it. Now it’s got to transfer to the field. I think Cody mentally having a better understanding of the big picture offensively of what you’re trying to do his job, it’s allowing his talents to take over more.”

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                            Yeah, and I'm sure the scheme change and poor QB play had nothing to do with it. The plays he got in on he played well, especially a diving catch on 3rd down against NE in the conference championship that Manning just threw out for him.
                            A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Yeah, and I'm sure the scheme change and poor QB play had nothing to do with it. The plays he got in on he played well, especially a diving catch on 3rd down against NE in the conference championship that Manning just threw out for him.
                              Yep, that about covers his entire list of highlights.
                              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X