Manasseh Garner cut... TE John Phillips signed to roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    If Thompson can play both there's no need to keep 4 tailbacks. Hillman/Bibbs would be fighting for the final spot, and would be potential players to be de-activated on game days.
    If Bibbs can bring what Hillman brings, and Hillman would be inactive anyway, and Thompson can be the emergency #3 RB as well as the #2 FB, I'd rather cut Hillman and put Bibbs on the PS.
    Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
      I think that is too many players assigned to those positions. 5 would be the max, imo. They could also potentially use one of the TE as a FB on occasion.
      That is a lot of players to use for RB/FB.

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
        If Bibbs can bring what Hillman brings, and Hillman would be inactive anyway, and Thompson can be the emergency #3 RB as well as the #2 FB, I'd rather cut Hillman and put Bibbs on the PS.
        That could be a definite possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          Sure. Kubiak wants to use I Formations. Who do you think will provide depth?
          THis move for me just says one thing depth will be provided by Juwan T. His roster spot is a great one for us. He is GREAT on ST, now that he is back and healthy he can be a beast as a runner and he can provide FB depth...I also would add that he is completely different from ALL of the other FB's and RB's. I'd also expect to see a big set for red zone with Juwan and Janovich. If CJ against a certain grouping for a team struggles to push through I can see us going that route.

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
            That is a lot of players to use for RB/FB.
            I agree I think Hillman is a likely cut...

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
              THis move for me just says one thing depth will be provided by Juwan T. His roster spot is a great one for us. He is GREAT on ST, now that he is back and healthy he can be a beast as a runner and he can provide FB depth...I also would add that he is completely different from ALL of the other FB's and RB's. I'd also expect to see a big set for red zone with Juwan and Janovich. If CJ against a certain grouping for a team struggles to push through I can see us going that route.
              I wouldn't count on that too much, imo....not as a "big" package anyway. Thompson isn't much bigger than CJ, unless he gained some weight. Thompson would have to be pretty close in ability to CJ, as a runner, to make that switch. It isn't like John Kuhn, who is 250, coming in.

well...maybe if Janovich is the one carrying the ball....
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                I wouldn't count on that too much, imo....not as a "big" package anyway. Thompson isn't much bigger than CJ, unless he gained some weight. Thompson would have to be pretty close in ability to CJ, as a runner, to make that switch. It isn't like John Kuhn, who is 250, coming in.

well...maybe if Janovich is the one carrying the ball....
                I agree, and CJ scored a td in the Superbowl that was a goalie score pushing through Kuechly and Thomas Davis.
                sigpic

Comment

Broncos place Vance Walker on injured reserve, sign TE Manasseh Garner

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Defensive end Vance Walker was officially placed on injured reserve Friday morning, four days after he tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee during a nine-on-seven drill.

Walker, an eight-year veteran, had been on the first team throughout the offseason and training camp and had been projected to start after a stellar training camp to that point.

To fill Walker's spot on the roster, the team brought back TE Manasseh Garner, who was on the roster throughout the offseason but was waived on the first day of training camp.

A first-year tight end, the 24-year-old Garner was on the Buffalo Bills' practice squad for one week last season. The Broncos signed Garner to a future contract on Jan. 13 after he was part of a Dec. 15 tryout at the UCHealth Training Center.

Garner will provide depth in the wake of recent injuries to Garrett Graham and Jeff Heuerman. The Broncos had just three healthy tight ends Thursday: Virgil Green, John Phillips and Henry Krieger-Coble.

Garner worked at wide receiver, tight end and even defensive end during a college career that saw him transfer from Wisconsin to the University of Pittsburgh.

Comment

Garner is Camp fodder.
                    This team is way too talented.
                    Not many open spots for the final 53.
                    -
                    Other teams are eager to cull our cut downs.
                    -
                    Bibbs would never make it to our practice squad.... no way.
                    But.. I believe they keep Bibbs.
                    -
                    Hillman is locked into a reasonable one year contract..
                    I have been saying all along...
                    look for Hillman and his reasonable contract to be traded.. soon.
                    -
                    CJ, Booker, Juwan, Bibbs. Janovich. Those will be the backs....
                    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
                      Garner is Camp fodder.
                      This team is way too talented.
                      Not many open spots for the final 53.
                      -
                      Other teams are eager to cull our cut downs.
                      -
                      Bibbs would never make it to our practice squad.... no way.
                      But.. I believe they keep Bibbs.
                      -
                      Hillman is locked into a reasonable one year contract..
                      I have been saying all along...
                      look for Hillman and his reasonable contract to be traded.. soon.
                      -
                      CJ, Booker, Juwan, Bibbs. Janovich. Those will be the backs....

Garner is pretty much an H-Back. He's a TE/FB/RB.

Comment

This is an interesting one. With the TE's in a real battle now I just read that one of the reasons Garner was released before was because he had some sort of appendix operation. With Jeff H looking like he's made of glass (Kubiak publicly made a comment on his ability to stay healthy) and Graham being hurt...it really leaves us thin at TE. Garner has now been resigned...

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                          This is an interesting one. With the TE's in a real battle now I just read that one of the reasons Garner was released before was because he had some sort of appendix operation. With Jeff H looking like he's made of glass (Kubiak publicly made a comment on his ability to stay healthy) and Graham being hurt...it really leaves us thin at TE. Garner has now been resigned...
                          Right. Manasseh Garner was re-signed ten days ago on 19 August. We'll see if he survives tomorrow's cuts, and if any other TEs are put on IR. Right now, the TEs who can practice and play are Green, Phillips, Krieger-Coble and Garner. We shall see.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Garner was camp fodder.

Cut in the first round.
                            - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Working...
                            X