Sanchez benched for Siemian after INT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
    Antonio Glover INT on Sanchez in 7 on 7 work.

Sanchez also completed two deep passes, one to a diving Fowler and another to Latimer - one handed grab on a go route beat Roby up the sideline.
    Doesn't matter what he completed, did you not read that he threw an interception in training camp?!?!?!

The sky is falling...THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post

have arrived...
      I just knew I saw Silky Johnson there on Friday!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
        Doesn't matter what he completed, did you not read that he threw an interception in training camp?!?!?!

The sky is falling...THE SKY IS FALLING!!!
        Yes. I post these proactively for the Sanchez detractors Even the Jets and fans in Philly are having flashbacks!!!

In all seriousness we have some depth on D with other guys making plays like this INT.

Also many were saying we won't have a deep threat. Not so sure about that.
        Last edited by Fantaztic7; 07-31-2016, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
          I just knew I saw Silky Johnson there on Friday!!!!
          I get a good chuckle when you post this pic!

Comment

Yes. I post these proactively for the Sanchez detractors Even the Jets and fans in Philly are having flashbacks!!!

In all seriousness we have some depth on D with other guys making plays like this INT.

Also many were saying we won't have a deep threat. Not so sure about that.
            Both Thomas and Sanders are deep threats. And both can run different deep patterns. If they're talking about a guy who lines up and runs nothing but fade routes, perhaps we won't, but those guys are usually limited to that one pattern because they have nothing but speed, and with a very few exceptions they usually don't catch very many of those passes anyways.

Comment

Both Thomas and Sanders are deep threats. And both can run different deep patterns. If they're talking about a guy who lines up and runs nothing but fade routes, perhaps we won't, but those guys are usually limited to that one pattern because they have nothing but speed, and with a very few exceptions they usually don't catch very many of those passes anyways.
              With a balanced attack with emphasis on the run, I would love to see our offense wear down opposing defenses. This should also open up deep routes, especially off the boots. Deep passes are pretty but the completion rates are low and don't use clock.

I think either of our QBs will have more opportunity to stretch the field than Osweiler. He was somewhat athletic but seemed "heavy footed" - and seemed challenges with deep accuracy on the move. Although some of the accuracy may have been from limited attempts.
              Last edited by Fantaztic7; 07-31-2016, 12:58 PM.

Comment

With a balanced attack with emphasis on the run, I would love to see our offense wear down opposing defenses. This should also open up some deep routes, especially off of some of the bootlegs. I think either of our QBs will have more opportunity for this than Osweiler would have. Osweiler was somewhat athletic but seemed "heavy footed" - and seemed challenges with deep accuracy on the move. Although some of the accuracy may have been from limited attempts.
                I just read on the Texans website that "Today wasn't Osweiler's best day, but he'll get better" for the money they paid him, he'd better.

As for the deep routes, both of the starters have the speed and shake to get open. Neither McCaffrey nor Smith were exceptionally fast, but they were able to get open deep because of the style of the offense. Very rarely will we see the Broncos QB just taking a 5 or 7 step drop and throwing a deep pass down the sidelines. Instead we'll see play action and the receiver get open deep on a post, post corner or a stop and go type route. IMO.

Comment

I just read on the Texans website that "Today wasn't Osweiler's best day, but he'll get better" for the money they paid him, he'd better.

As for the deep routes, both of the starters have the speed and shake to get open. Neither McCaffrey nor Smith were exceptionally fast, but they were able to get open deep because of the style of the offense. Very rarely will we see the Broncos QB just taking a 5 or 7 step drop and throwing a deep pass down the sidelines. Instead we'll see play action and the receiver get open deep on a post, post corner or a stop and go type route. IMO.
                  Thanks for note on Osweiler. I've been meaning to check some of the Texans camp news. Hopkins holding out for new contract - he is a very good WR.

Yes on those routes of play action...
                  Last edited by Fantaztic7; 07-31-2016, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Thanks for note on Osweiler. I've been meaning to check some of the Texans camp news. Hopkins holding out for new contract - he is a very good WR.

Yes on those routes of play action...
                    Today was their first day of practice. Sounds like they run a lot of deep crossing routes, cause in a couple of posts they talked about them, one he had picked off on them, and then he threw a couple of completions on them.

Hopkins reported today. At $40,000 per day holding out is expensive, and unless a player makes big money it seems like a quick way to get paid less.

Comment

Today was their first day of practice. Sounds like they run a lot of deep crossing routes, cause in a couple of posts they talked about them, one he had picked off on them, and then he threw a couple of completions on them.

Hopkins reported today. At $40,000 per day holding out is expensive, and unless a player makes big money it seems like a quick way to get paid less.
                      Thanks - I did not catch that as we had a lot of time in the pool.

Comment

Curious why you did not include the entire comment? I just looked it up too. Here it is if anyone's interested. Observations #11 and #12 are the Osweiler related ones.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...3-3eef2c9ab4e3

It's the first day of training camp for the Texans. From what I read in a couple of articles they seem to be pretty happy with the development of Osweiler in a complex system.

Is this how it is going to be around here. Dismiss or make excuses every time Sanchez under performs but cherry pick any negative comment about Osweiler to prove some point about a player on another team?

Perhaps we should just let it go and focus on the QB competition the Broncos are having. Hopefully Kubiak can manufacture "competent" out of this QB trio in a scripted QB friendly system.

Comment

Working...
                        X