Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devontae Booker looking 'very impressive' in camp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    I wonder if Hillman is going to get cut earlier now so he'll have a chance to be signed with another team

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Cj likes to take himself out of the game

Hillman seems to get hurt

Someone will have a shot to show off sooner or later...Brooker or Bibbs

Leave a comment:

• Joshua2585
    replied
    Not to mention Kapri Bibbs has apparently been very impressive so far as well. We could end up having an incredibly stacked backfield this year.

Hoping it's- CJ/Booker/Bibbs/Thompson

Leave a comment:

• Strip Sacked
    replied
    Originally posted by Peerless View Post
    If there's one thing we need this year, it's an honest running game for our quarterback(s).
    Top 5 Defense + Decemt Run Game = Deep Playoff Run

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Count me on board the Booker train. It was one of my fav picks in the draft. Yes, it appears to be incredible value for a 4th. He could have gone in 2.

Listen, it's great to have some run game competition. But I see Booker as the 2nd back initially, playing a lot of football. He may be the guy to revive our RB pass game. He has the tools! (I've posted before, but between CJ and Hillman we had minimal receiving from our backs last season.)

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
    Still can't believe the Broncos stole Booker with a late 4th round pick.

Love the possibilities of the 1-2 punch of him and Anderson this year. .
    Yeah, for a 4th rounder pick I'd say we got him at insane value, possibly even at Ezekiel Elliott level of value. We'll see but the fact that he's surpassed Hillman and Bibbs already shows he'd be a starter for any other team

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied
    Still can't believe the Broncos stole Booker with a late 4th round pick.

Love the possibilities of the 1-2 punch of him and Anderson this year. .

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    If there's one thing we need this year, it's an honest running game for our quarterback(s).

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
    I can't wait to see him. Hopefully he pushes Ronnie out.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/08/09...training-camp/

Some good tidbits from this article:

It sounds like he can do just about everything and he does it well. Having a player like him will add some great versatility to our offense. Excited to see how he does in the preseason, and regular season.

I love the direction our offensive system is head. A true fullback in Janovich, eventually a Snake-like quarterback in a Lynch, Anderson, our receiving corps with Fowler likely taking the 3rd spot.. Some good tight ends. It will be true Bronco football.
    You're getting me pumped! A little over 24 hours and we finally get to see some Bronco football!

It was a pretty good draft. It might turn out to be one of the best. I think Booker will turn out to be a steal.

Leave a comment:

• Houshmazode
    replied
    I can't wait to see him. Hopefully he pushes Ronnie out.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/08/09...training-camp/

Some good tidbits from this article:
    Tracking Devontae Booker’s journey to Denver with facts and stats

— He ran for 4,734 yards and 81 touchdowns, with an average of 10.8 yards per carry, in his two seasons at Grant High School in Sacramento, Calif.

— Booker can throw the ball 70 yards, according to American River College coach Jon Osterhout.

— Booker played on every special-teams unit at American River, including kick return, where he scored two touchdowns

— Utah coach Kyle Whittingham, on Booker: “I’ve never seen a running back catch the ball out of the backfield like him.”

— He was the first of three Booker brothers to graduate from college (sociology), which is one of the main reasons he stayed at Utah for his senior year.

Booker, on graduating from college: “All the adversity I been through, getting that degree was the icing on the cake.”
    It sounds like he can do just about everything and he does it well. Having a player like him will add some great versatility to our offense. Excited to see how he does in the preseason, and regular season.

I love the direction our offensive system is head. A true fullback in Janovich, eventually a Snake-like quarterback in a Lynch, Anderson, our receiving corps with Fowler likely taking the 3rd spot.. Some good tight ends. It will be true Bronco football.
    Last edited by Houshmazode; 08-10-2016, 12:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    I heard a good report on the running game along with the offensive line. The big guys up front are creating some big holes for the backs to hit.

It's great to hear that the running game seems to be clicking but somewhat of a bitter sweet feeling that they are doing it against our star studded defense!

Leave a comment:

• Devontae Booker looking 'very impressive' in camp.

Some more preseason training-camp hype. A quick little article:

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/news...ssive-camp.php

The Denver Post reports that Denver Broncos rookie RB Devontae Booker has looked really good this offseason. Broncos’ RBs coach Eric Studesville states that Booker’s pass protection has been very solid and that he would “put him in the game right now”. Booker is currently the third-string RB behind C.J. Anderson and Ronnie Hillman. (Denver Post)

Fantasy Impact: I would definitely buy in on Devontae Booker right now. Currently, his ADP is 138, which is really good value. I would expect, at the very least, that he passes Hillman on the depth chart and claims the second-string RB position during the preseason. I also don’t think that the Broncos would hesitate to promote Booker to the first-string if C.J. Anderson struggles early on. Booker could be a major sleeper this season.
Working...
X