Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos kicker throws challenge flag on Tucker’s claim he might make 84-yard FG in De

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos kicker throws challenge flag on Tucker’s claim he might make 84-yard FG in De

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/b...-denver-080516

This was pretty funny I thought. I love the idea of a "Kicker's beef" lol Kickers seem to just enjoy the game.
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
    sigpic

If I were McManus I would only pay for the trip if it were treated like a game, with a snap, hold, o-line blocking and defense trying to get to the kick. As McManus pointed out, he would have to drive the ball low and the likelihood is that it's blocked. Besides that, which coach would ever risk giving the other team the ball at their 26 yard line? Maybe one day we'll see it with a fair catch on a punt and a free kick to end the half, which are very rare but can take place. That way there's no chance of it being blocked.

To add on to it, someone did the math, giving an extra 10% in Denver because of the altitude to Tucker's career long of 61 now makes it a 67 yard FG, still 17.5 yards short of what he claims he could hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
      If I were McManus I would only pay for the trip if it were treated like a game, with a snap, hold, o-line blocking and defense trying to get to the kick. As McManus pointed out, he would have to drive the ball low and the likelihood is that it's blocked. Besides that, which coach would ever risk giving the other team the ball at their 26 yard line? Maybe one day we'll see it with a fair catch on a punt and a free kick to end the half, which are very rare but can take place. That way there's no chance of it being blocked.

To add on to it, someone did the math, giving an extra 10% in Denver because of the altitude to Tucker's career long of 61 now makes it a 67 yard FG, still 17.5 yards short of what he claims he could hit.
      yeah I'd put stipulations on it as well lol. I just thought it was funny the whole part about the "kickers beef" lol. But I bet McManus could hit from 70 in a game if given a shot. I think Prater could have as well.
      GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
      sigpic

Comment

I'd love to see it happen
        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

He'd actually be kicking from the mid 30s for an 84 yard field goal. Gotta consider the end zone is an additional 10 yards and the kickers usually step back around 7 yards.

Comment

Working...
          X