Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos release their first depth chart of the 2016 preseason

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Broncos release their first depth chart of the 2016 preseason

    Correction made below in my following post, sorry guys!

    I try to replace the link on this post but for some reason it won't work so anyway scroll down and you'll find it.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-08-2016, 09:18 AM.

  • #2
    Really, Co #1 Quarterback? Lol.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by IAMRED View Post
      Really, Co #1 Quarterback? Lol.
      And they have Hillman/Booker at #2RB with Sambo/Scho at RG. Also Heurman/Green at TE. Kinda goofy.
      Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks for posting.

        Mostly no surprises but a couple of things did jump out to me.

        - Green listed at 1st team FB? Thought he had not been working there all camp. Heard him in an interview stating he was happy to put that behind him.

        - A bit surprised to see Janovich listed as the 3rd FB.

        - Sanders as the return man? On a limited basis I hope. Too valuable to get him banged up in that way IMO

        - Z. Anderson as the 4th LB? Any thoughts on how he dropped? Injured? Most of the off-season he was being speculated as in contention for a starter or rotation player. Moves up with the news that Anunike was released.

        Comment


        • #5
          http://m.denverbroncos.com/s/30843/3...11145367210148

          Here is a better source and in depth analysis. Sorry guys

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
            Thanks for posting.

            Mostly no surprises but a couple of things did jump out to me.

            - Green listed at 1st team FB? Thought he had not been working there all camp. Heard him in an interview stating he was happy to put that behind him.

            - A bit surprised to see Janovich listed as the 3rd FB.

            - Sanders as the return man? On a limited basis I hope. Too valuable to get him banged up in that way IMO

            - Z. Anderson as the 4th LB? Any thoughts on how he dropped? Injured? Most of the off-season he was being speculated as in contention for a starter or rotation player. Moves up with the news that Anunike was released.
            The link that was posted says it was updated 8/6/16 when the chart was release today.

            http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...4-5b0d6adf811d

            This is from the denver broncos website and they have Andy listed as the #1 FB, Jordan Norwood as the main returner.

            Seems like that other list is kind of a mix of last years and this years.
            2011 Adopted Bronco: Rahim Moore

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Kaldiron View Post
              The link that was posted says it was updated 8/6/16 when the chart was release today.

              http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...4-5b0d6adf811d

              This is from the denver broncos website and they have Andy listed as the #1 FB, Jordan Norwood as the main returner.

              Seems like that other list is kind of a mix of last years and this years.
              Thanks.

              That makes more sense when looking at the most updated depth chart and the analysis you posted. Certainly answers my questions.

              Comment


              • #8
                My take on the "co" on the depth chart is an attempt by the coach to keep players - what I'll call "focused" - on landing the spot they're competing for rather than feeling that they can't win the job and not practicing as hard as they might if they feel they are still in the competition. And maybe not? :2cents:
                For instance, if Seimian feels he has played well but still can't get the starting spot he might not play as hard thinking it doesn't matter how he plays, the job will go to the experienced veteran, possibly predetermined... keeping everybody playing hard.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                  Thanks for posting.

                  Mostly no surprises but a couple of things did jump out to me.

                  - Green listed at 1st team FB? Thought he had not been working there all camp. Heard him in an interview stating he was happy to put that behind him.

                  - A bit surprised to see Janovich listed as the 3rd FB.

                  - Sanders as the return man? On a limited basis I hope. Too valuable to get him banged up in that way IMO

                  - Z. Anderson as the 4th LB? Any thoughts on how he dropped? Injured? Most of the off-season he was being speculated as in contention for a starter or rotation player. Moves up with the news that Anunike was released.
                  First team Fullback is Andy Janovich.

                  Returners are Norwood, Raymond and Addison.

                  At least, that's what the depth chart at denverbroncos.com says.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hillman has some incriminating photos on someone...
                    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                      My take on the "co" on the depth chart is an attempt by the coach to keep players - what I'll call "focused" - on landing the spot they're competing for rather than feeling that they can't win the job and not practicing as hard as they might if they feel they are still in the competition. And maybe not? :2cents:
                      For instance, if Seimian feels he has played well but still can't get the starting spot he might not play as hard thinking it doesn't matter how he plays, the job will go to the experienced veteran, possibly predetermined... keeping everybody playing hard.
                      TE, QB and RG...interesting costarters atm

                      It is just first depth chart but still interesting
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                        Hillman has some incriminating photos on someone...
                        Lol, Booker has practiced as much and has already caught him on the depth chart. Hopefully Bibbs can keep this momentum, Hillman can't make the team this year.
                        A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Always said Schofield was going to be a better guard than a tackle. With some of these guys developing we might actually field a pretty deep oline.
                          A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                            Always said Schofield was going to be a better guard than a tackle. With some of these guys developing we might actually field a pretty deep oline.
                            I am definitely pulling for Weems, a guy who has shown dedication to keep working.

                            Overall, Bibbs, Doss, Weems, Peko, Fowler, and Lattimer all are providing some unexpected depth...great thing to see!
                            Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              First team Fullback is Andy Janovich.

                              Returners are Norwood, Raymond and Addison.

                              At least, that's what the depth chart at denverbroncos.com says.
                              Thanks. My comments were in response to an initial depth chart posted. Link was replaced by OP since then.

                              Updated info answers my questions and makes a whole lot more sense IMO.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X