No announcement yet.

Broncos release their first depth chart of the 2016 preseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since Schofield is listed as our first option behind Okung at LT, I can't help but wonder if he would also end up being the starter at RT if something happened to Stephenson at RT. And that's assuming that we will be starting our "5 best" offensive linemen, no matter what the position, as has been stated in the past.

Also, notwithstanding all the hate that comes his way amongst the "fans", I'm not surprised in the least that our leading rusher from last season appears to be in a good position to make the Team. And as with the offensive line, a lot will be based on injuries in pre-season at that position.

Also, since Kubiak has mentioned the level of talent at WR, I wonder what that ultimately means for a player like Cody Latimer should another WR step up, big time, in pre-season.

Should be interesting! And it's nice that we will be seeing it begin in 3 days!

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
      Since Schofield is listed as our first option behind Okung at LT, I can't help but wonder if he would also end up being the starter at RT if something happened to Stephenson at RT. And that's assuming that we will be starting our "5 best" offensive linemen, no matter what the position, as has been stated in the past.

Also, notwithstanding all the hate that comes his way amongst the "fans", I'm not surprised in the least that our leading rusher from last season appears to be in a good position to make the Team. And as with the offensive line, a lot will be based on injuries in pre-season at that position.

Also, since Kubiak has mentioned the level of talent at WR, I wonder what that ultimately means for a player like Cody Latimer should another WR step up, big time, in pre-season.

Latimer has had a great camp, Kubiak described it as "night and day" for him from last year. Not to mention his contributions on special teams. I don't think he is in any trouble unless something extraordinary occurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
        Latimer has had a great camp, Kubiak described it as "night and day" for him from last year. Not to mention his contributions on special teams. I don't think he is in any trouble unless something extraordinary occurs.
        Thanks. That's good to hear. It sounds like he is growing into an actual "Professional"!

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
          Hillman has some incriminating photos on someone...
          Haha so does Schofield... I wonder on who!
          Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-08-2016, 06:17 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't say that all. this is just the first depth chart of many to come during preseason and will chnage a lot. I wouldn't say Hillman is a good position at all. He got hardly any reps at the practice I went to and moistly with the 3s. maybe he was hurt so they held his reps down but I don't think that is the case.
            sigpic

Comment

If Schofield isn't in the starting five, it sounds like he would be active on game day as the swing tackle with another O-Lineman as the inside swing guy for seven active OL.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                If Schofield isn't in the starting five, it sounds like he would be active on game day as the swing tackle with another O-Lineman as the inside swing guy for seven active OL.
                I'm not sure, based on him lining up everywhere except for centre, I think he's the lead backup at all 4 positions, with another player kept as the backup centre and other depth. What'll be interesting to see is what happens at RG if Sambrillo isn't able to practice soon? Is Weems the guy or will it be Schofield?

Comment

I'm not sure, based on him lining up everywhere except for centre, I think he's the lead backup at all 4 positions, with another player kept as the backup centre and other depth. What'll be interesting to see is what happens at RG if Sambrillo isn't able to practice soon? Is Weems the guy or will it be Schofield?
                  We'll need to see how many O-Linemen Denver keeps, who they are and who the five will be. Sambrailo may end up on IR if he doesn't get well soon. Schofield has sixteen starts, Weems none. Weems is on the depth chart at RT, Schofield at LT. Weems is behind Schofield at RG, but he repped with first team today, I think.

If Sambrailo doesn't go to IR and Schofield starts at RG, a shuffle would be necessary to provide tackle depth. If Sambrailo makes the roster, he might end up being swing tackle. It will be interesting to see how Schofield does at G.

Looks like McGovern is behind Weems at the moment. It could be Okung, Stephenson, Paradis, Garcia, Sambrailo, Schofield, McGovern, Ferentz and Weems. Ferentz and Day have been asked to take practice reps at G. It was reported that McGovern had taken practice reps at C. Except for Okung and Paradis the coaches are evaluating O-Linemen at more than one spot. Stephenson and Garcia can play more than one spot.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Still crazy stoked about McGovern. Hope he instilled that toughness on the oline that Tom Nalen provided for so long.

Comment

Sambrailo needed the offseason to get stronger, which didn't happen because of recovery from surgery. If Schofield really is emerging as a developing talent at guard I could see Sambrailo being the swing tackle and taking a backseat until next year or if there is an injury.
                      A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Working...
                      X