Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probable false report - Talib Facing Possible Suspension

http://milehighsports.com/aqib-talib...t-eight-games/

Not sure what happened to the posts that were here but I'll state it again.

I'm very confused by this. While many of us may believe it was self inflicted, the police report that we all read indicated he was a victim of a gun shot.

Doesn't the league need some kind of proof to substantiate this? Can they just suspend someone for being a "victim?" Can they just suspend someone based on what they think happened without any kind of proof or police report?

No charges have been filed so I have no idea what they would suspend him for at this time.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Th source is 104.3 The Fan and there is nothing about Talib on Schefter's twitter feed. Sounds like someone trying to drum up more hate. I'll believe it when a credible source reports it.
      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

Comment

Ya I don't get where a suspension looms for someone still labelled as a victim of a crime...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
          Not sure what happened to the posts that were here but I'll state it again.

I'm very confused by this. While many of us may believe it was self inflicted, the police report that we all read indicated he was a victim of a gun shot.

Doesn't the league need some kind of proof to substantiate this? Can they just suspend someone for being a "victim?" Can they just suspend someone based on what they think happened without any kind of proof or police report?

No charges have been filed so I have no idea what they would suspend him for at this time.
          They did suspend Ben Roethlisberger without him ever being charged with anything. And granted Roethlisberger faced some serious allegations, and likely paid money for it to go away, but the league suspended him for putting himself in a situation that made the league look bad.

From my understanding NFL Security is made up of former police officers and FBI agents who have a lot of connections around the country, there's a pretty good chance they know exactly what happened and whether the police report is accurate or not. Then again at the same time they didn't have the Ray Rice tape. So perhaps at some point TMZ will come out with a tape and Talib will end up on the Commissioner's exempt list for the season just because?

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
            They did suspend Ben Roethlisberger without him ever being charged with anything. And granted Roethlisberger faced some serious allegations, and likely paid money for it to go away, but the league suspended him for putting himself in a situation that made the league look bad.

From my understanding NFL Security is made up of former police officers and FBI agents who have a lot of connections around the country, there's a pretty good chance they know exactly what happened and whether the police report is accurate or not. Then again at the same time they didn't have the Ray Rice tape. So perhaps at some point TMZ will come out with a tape and Talib will end up on the Commissioner's exempt list for the season just because?
            The difference was Big Ben was named as the accused not the victim...You can't punish someone for being a victim of a crime...People can assume what they want to, but the official police report lists him as a victim.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              The difference was Big Ben was named as the accused not the victim...You can't punish someone for being a victim of a crime...People can assume what they want to, but the official police report lists him as a victim.
              And in Ben's case there was a complantant/witness. To my knowledge there are none here and I'm assuming they have not secured the weapon. With what we know right now, I can't figure out what they'd suspend him for.
              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

And in Ben's case there was a complantant/witness. To my knowledge there are none here and I'm assuming they have not secured the weapon. With what we know right now, I can't figure out what they'd suspend him for.
                Being a Denver Bronco....
                sigpic

Comment

It's Goodell. If he doesn't like something I'm sure he'll find a reason.
                  Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Next man up...sort of our identity.
                    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                      Yea, and Roby's been balling in his place.
                      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                        Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                        Yea, and Roby's been balling in his place.
                        I hear Lorenzo Doss has been flying around out there making plays left and right every time he's on the field.

One thing about Talib is he brings a certain swagger and attitude that The rest of the defense feeds off of.

Comment

Don't get me wrong... I love the way Talib plays, but the guy is a total moron. He's had issues follow him his whole career. Last year/year before he had an issue with a gun and his sister's boyfriend. This time the idiot shot himself. It's like... come on Talib? Get a grip? You're being paid tens-of-millions and you still hang out with thugs? It's amazing to me that when these guys make it, they still hang out with low-lifes. You'd think a smart person would cut ties with all that.

I REALLY hate to say it, but Talib deserves a pretty big suspension. He needs a wake up call. I just can't believe he is this far into his career and hasn't figured it out yet. SMH

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
                            Don't get me wrong... I love the way Talib plays, but the guy is a total moron. He's had issues follow him his whole career. Last year/year before he had an issue with a gun and his sister's boyfriend. This time the idiot shot himself. It's like... come on Talib? Get a grip? You're being paid tens-of-millions and you still hang out with thugs? It's amazing to me that when these guys make it, they still hang out with low-lifes. You'd think a smart person would cut ties with all that.

I REALLY hate to say it, but Talib deserves a pretty big suspension. He needs a wake up call. I just can't believe he is this far into his career and hasn't figured it out yet. SMH
                            There is no documented proof of this. That is speculation until proven otherwise. The official police report states he was the victim of a shooting and does not name him as the shooter...
                            sigpic

Comment

Again, whether he shot himself or even if someone else shot him... he is hanging out with people of questionable character. In situations with guns AGAIN.

"You are the company you keep"

Comment

Working...
                              X