Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bennie Fowler out for a 'few weeks' after elbow injury

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bennie Fowler out for a 'few weeks' after elbow injury

    http://m.denverbroncos.com/news-and-...0-55a5f6c1ddbb

    Tough break but at least not a major injury.

  • #2
    Fowler was having a very strong camp, and appeared in line for #3 spot. Shame, however Latimer has also put on a strong performance, so I'm excited for him.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

    Comment


    • #3
      Good thing we are stacked at WR.
      A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

      Comment


      • #4
        This is a chance for a guy like Latimer or Norwood to steal that #3 spot until Fowler is healthy again.

        Comment


        • #5
          Honestly, I would love to see Latimer really push and keep the #3 spot. I was highly, highly impressed with what I saw out of him down the stretch last year. He was a stud on SPT. Which to me shows a guy who has "bought in" to everything the Broncos have offered to him. He's shown flashes that he can be a playmaker. I would love to see him finally take the next step and be a solid regular contributor to the offense.
          #swapping

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by flosstein View Post
            Honestly, I would love to see Latimer really push and keep the #3 spot. I was highly, highly impressed with what I saw out of him down the stretch last year. He was a stud on SPT. Which to me shows a guy who has "bought in" to everything the Broncos have offered to him. He's shown flashes that he can be a playmaker. I would love to see him finally take the next step and be a solid regular contributor to the offense.
            Just about everyone outside of the Broncos fan base is discounting the offense due to new QB. With Sanders, DT and now guys like Fowler and Latimer coming along - lookout. I really liked Latimer's play in the preseason game - we knew he played tough on ST. Now looks like he can contribute on offense. On one play he shoved the DB 3 yards back off the line as he started the route - caught the ball and nice YAC.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
              Just about everyone outside of the Broncos fan base is discounting the offense due to new QB. With Sanders, DT and now guys like Fowler and Latimer coming along - lookout. I really liked Latimer's play in the preseason game - we knew he played tough on ST. Now looks like he can contribute on offense. On one play he shoved the DB 3 yards back off the line as he started the route - caught the ball and nice YAC.
              As they should until the Broncos prove they are better then expectations.

              O-line and run game are unproven. They are rebuilding the line and installing a new system this season. As Bronco fans we can "see" the possibilities but until they actually make the blocks, open those holes and the RBs are getting more then 3 ypc why should anyone outside of Denver believe.

              Same for the QB situation. Unless you are wearing Bronco colored glasses why would you have any belief in Sanchez, Siemian or rookie Lynch getting the job done. Most of the league does not even believe Sanchez id competent. Whats comical is most Bronco fans had the same opinion until he was traded for and named the starter.

              Broncos offense has a lot to prove to the league, to fans and frankly to themselves. Can they get the job done? Going to be the question all year until they shut everyone up by be efficient and effective and scoring points. If they can get the run game going and the QBs do not make stupid mistakes, I agree this offense could be more effective then most give it credit.

              Now they just need to prove it!

              Comment


              • #8
                I was glad to hear it isn't as long a recovery as I suspected. I heard elbow fracture and thought two
                months.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                  As they should until the Broncos prove they are better then expectations.

                  O-line and run game are unproven. They are rebuilding the line and installing a new system this season. As Bronco fans we can "see" the possibilities but until they actually make the blocks, open those holes and the RBs are getting more then 3 ypc why should anyone outside of Denver believe.

                  Same for the QB situation. Unless you are wearing Bronco colored glasses why would you have any belief in Sanchez, Siemian or rookie Lynch getting the job done. Most of the league does not even believe Sanchez id competent. Whats comical is most Bronco fans had the same opinion until he was traded for and named the starter.

                  Broncos offense has a lot to prove to the league, to fans and frankly to themselves. Can they get the job done? Going to be the question all year until they shut everyone up by be efficient and effective and scoring points. If they can get the run game going and the QBs do not make stupid mistakes, I agree this offense could be more effective then most give it credit.

                  Now they just need to prove it!
                  Certainly we won't know if the offense has improved until we see games in the regular season. We can look at leading indicators to get a sense of where the offense is heading.

                  Despite the line not healthy and trying different players in various positions, they held up fairly well in the 1st quarter vs. Bears #1s.

                  Sanchez and Siemian provided indicators they can run the offense based on how they played - not what I believe. Sanchez was 10 of 13 with a TD and the INT. Despite most fans focusing on only the INT the fact is that he ran the offense well - far from incompetent. Siemian played fairly well until the line committed some penalties.

                  The foundation is there to build on.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by osfantaztic View Post
                    Certainly we won't know if the offense has improved until we see games in the regular season. We can look at leading indicators to get a sense of where the offense is heading.

                    Despite the line not healthy and trying different players in various positions, they held up fairly well in the 1st quarter vs. Bears #1s.

                    Sanchez and Siemian provided indicators they can run the offense based on how they played - not what I believe. Sanchez was 10 of 13 with a TD and the INT. Despite most fans focusing on only the INT the fact is that he ran the offense well - far from incompetent. Siemian played fairly well until the line committed some penalties.

                    The foundation is there to build on.
                    I agree the foundation is there. But we are looking at it with our Bronco bias. The rest of the league and fans see sub par QB potential and a supposed improved rush game that did not show well against the Bears. Broncos offense ran the ball for 90 yards/3.2 ypc and only scored 13 points. Not impressive to anyone not wearing orange.

                    Most fans and analysts are basing their opinion at this point on highlight reels, not complete games. As Bronco fans we are scrutinizing every camp comment and on field play. We are the the "Believers". Those outside of Denver do not follow our faith.

                    I am agreeing that the offense has the potential to be good. Broncos have some talent on the team they just need to get it working together.

                    To get back on point. The WR position is loaded. Fowler getting injured is a setback for him but not for the Broncos. They have players to step up and improve the depth over the next couple of months. Fowler earned a roster spot IMO. That will not change with the injury.

                    I also believe that this offense has the ability to make some big plays and pile up the YAC. Get the ball to these WRs in space and good things are going to happen. But to make that happen the rush game has to improve and be a legitimate threat and the QBs have to get them the ball. Like I said ...they need to prove it before the rest of the league will give respect.

                    Get well Benny. Next man up!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Depth at WR is excellent. Depth at RB, G, RT, C and QB is good. Fullback is uncharted territory because it's new and has no basis of comparison yet.

                      The two key players on offense, IMO, are Russell Okung and Virgil Green. If those guys can start every game, Denver's chances of winning the division and returning for a deep playoff run go way up. The reason is that they will be major factors in the success of both the passing and rushing attacks.

                      In the wake of Manning's retirement, Kubiak's less QB-centric system is being installed. The QB of the future is on board. Until he can fully take over, any deficiencies in the QB position will be mitigated by Denver's defense against whom all opponents must play. Their only hope is to successfully run the ball because if they can't, they will be in great difficulty.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Hesky View Post
                        This is a chance for a guy like Latimer or Norwood to steal that #3 spot until Fowler is healthy again.
                        My thoughts exactly. I am excited for what Fowler brings to the team. Now lets get the depth behind him some more experience.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Bad news for Fowler, but seems to be an injury where he'll be able to come back from.

                          Here's to hoping the "next man up" approach happens - whether that be Latimer or Norwood, or etc..

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                            Bad news for Fowler, but seems to be an injury where he'll be able to come back from.

                            Here's to hoping the "next man up" approach happens - whether that be Latimer or Norwood, or etc..
                            Speaking of next man up...did you catch the highlight of Taylor today? Made another great catch.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X