No announcement yet.

Devontae Booker Stealing First Team Reps From Hillman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to 3 practices and Bibbs was getting more reps than Hillman.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
      I went to 3 practices and Bibbs was getting more reps than Hillman.
      Thanks for info, sounds good, I am really rooting for Bibbs this year. I think I will adopt him if he makes final roster
      My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

I like Anderson and even am one, but I like Booker and that divine name for a running back, to be #1 in no time.

Comment

Unpopular opinion I know but I don't think Ronnie gets cut. He looks like he's continuing to put on weight and he looks to have the best understanding of the zone scheme in that he's usually more decisive than our other RBs. I don't imagine too many teams will be lining up to sign Bibbs or Thompson but I think Thompson edges Bibbs out because he can play FB.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkPanda View Post
            I was ready for Hillman to be gone before the beginning of last season so this is good news for me that Booker has already surpassed him. Didn't expect it to happen this quickly
            Hillman will be needed for depth and change of pace. Definitely not a Hillman fan but hes needed for the teams sucess

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
              Unpopular opinion I know but I don't think Ronnie gets cut. He looks like he's continuing to put on weight and he looks to have the best understanding of the zone scheme in that he's usually more decisive than our other RBs. I don't imagine too many teams will be lining up to sign Bibbs or Thompson but I think Thompson edges Bibbs out because he can play FB.
              He will only make it if he beats Booker out for the second RB spot. The third RB needs to be able to contribute on special teams, Hillman hasn't been able to do that in his first 4 years, so unless he's the 1 or 2, he won't make it because of that.

And I say that as a guy who's never been down on Hillman. I've always felt he gets a bad rap, and last year he was a much better zone runner than Anderson, it wasn't even close.

Comment

Booker should get more carries in the next game, maybe it will be clearer on who is "earning" the #2 RB spot. Booker is said to be a good receiver too, I'd like to see him catch a couple more balls ... Hillman has been OK, at best as a receiver, Booker is said to be smooth and natural? at catching the ball.
                We did not utilize a FB a whole lot on Thursday - maybe half the plays at most? Why is it we didn't utilize a FB last year? I can't seem to remember.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                  He will only make it if he beats Booker out for the second RB spot. The third RB needs to be able to contribute on special teams, Hillman hasn't been able to do that in his first 4 years, so unless he's the 1 or 2, he won't make it because of that.

And I say that as a guy who's never been down on Hillman. I've always felt he gets a bad rap, and last year he was a much better zone runner than Anderson, it wasn't even close.
                  Maybe in the Manning era, but our FB will be on special teams. Plus I think we carry 4 RBs with Andersons injury history so Thompson/Bibbs would also contribute.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                    Maybe in the Manning era, but our FB will be on special teams. Plus I think we carry 4 RBs with Andersons injury history so Thompson/Bibbs would also contribute.
                    You very well could be right about that, Janovich will be on specials, and so will Thompson, so I guess that could open up a spot for another non specials player.

Comment

As mentioned earlier - CJ Anderson hasn't played an entire season since he started carrying the rock. Love his grit, his hustle, and his "kicking and screaming" attitude - but he always seems to have something nagging him which keeps him out a few games here and there.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a RBBC approach - similar to how Kubiak ran it when Foster/Tate exploded a few years back.

Comment

Hillman worked with the 3rd team today ...

"He's in a hell of a battle with Kapri [Bibbs] and Book right now," Kubiak said. "There's no way around that; I'm just being honest with you."

Hillman rotated in for some work as a blocker on kickoff returns, something he will need to do if he is going to stick on the 53-man roster after the preseason.

"Special teams are going to be really important," Kubiak said. "Ronnie's going to play a lot this week and play some special teams, so it's a very competitive situation."
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                          Hillman worked with the 3rd team today ...

"He's in a hell of a battle with Kapri [Bibbs] and Book right now," Kubiak said. "There's no way around that; I'm just being honest with you."

Hillman rotated in for some work as a blocker on kickoff returns, something he will need to do if he is going to stick on the 53-man roster after the preseason.

"Special teams are going to be really important," Kubiak said. "Ronnie's going to play a lot this week and play some special teams, so it's a very competitive situation."
                          I think the these statements = he is in a lot of trouble when it comes to a roster spot. I can't see him blocking or being effective on ST's.
                          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

I don't think that we should cut him at all. Long season and usually littered with injuries. Besides that we will need him in a four man rb stable.
                            Canadian Denver Bronco Fan Club #60

Comment

Originally posted by Holger_Danske View Post
                              I don't think that we should cut him at all. Long season and usually littered with injuries. Besides that we will need him in a four man rb stable.
                              CJ, Booker, Bibbs, Thompson (also at FB) = 4 man RB stable.....

It's going to come down to Bibb's ST ability vs Hillmans RB ability and which offsets which, imo.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                                I think the these statements = he is in a lot of trouble when it comes to a roster spot. I can't see him blocking or being effective on ST's.
                                We will see. Bibbs had 15 carries for under 60 yards. If Hillman gets 15 carries I think he will top the yardage mark Bibbs set. Him being on special teams tells me that Thompson is no lock either, I highly doubt Bibbs or Hillman will be doing much blocking on special teams. Although I will say Hillman looked better in pass protection against the Bears, he's usually in good position just has problems standing his ground.

Comment

Working...
                                X