Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devontae Booker Stealing First Team Reps From Hillman

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Some info from the Broncos website ...

    RB KAPRI BIBBS

    Day after day, Bibbs has squeezed through holes and turned in gallops of 10, 20, 30 yards and more. He reads the gaps created by a zone-blocking scheme like a seasoned veteran, and enhanced his cause to stick on the 53-man roster by flying downfield for a tackle on kickoff coverage in the second quarter of last week's win at Chicago.

    This his third training camp, which places him squarely at the now-or-never juncture of his career. So far, Bibbs is playing like he belongs in the NFL.

    "I think Kapri is a different kid," Kubiak said. "He sees an opportunity and he’s taken advantage of it so far."

    I will be watching ST play specifically tonight to see how Hillman does considering that they said earlier in the week that he was practicing on kickoff teams. Also want to see Bibbs continue to contribute to ST too. I expect that Bibbs and Hillman will be getting some carries in the 2nd half and 4th quarter.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
      Some info from the Broncos website ...

      RB KAPRI BIBBS

      Day after day, Bibbs has squeezed through holes and turned in gallops of 10, 20, 30 yards and more. He reads the gaps created by a zone-blocking scheme like a seasoned veteran, and enhanced his cause to stick on the 53-man roster by flying downfield for a tackle on kickoff coverage in the second quarter of last week's win at Chicago.

      This his third training camp, which places him squarely at the now-or-never juncture of his career. So far, Bibbs is playing like he belongs in the NFL.

      "I think Kapri is a different kid," Kubiak said. "He sees an opportunity and he’s taken advantage of it so far."

      I will be watching ST play specifically tonight to see how Hillman does considering that they said earlier in the week that he was practicing on kickoff teams. Also want to see Bibbs continue to contribute to ST too. I expect that Bibbs and Hillman will be getting some carries in the 2nd half and 4th quarter.
      Bibbs was playing left wing on the punt team in the first half. The fact he's playing there convinces me that they're giving him the chance to earn a spot on the team. Thompson was not not he punt team in the first half (I've only watched the first half so far) and in the stats he didn't get any carries, so Bibbs might be in a much better spot to make the team than I had thought.

      From the first half, I believe it was:
      LA-Webster
      LW-Bibbs
      LT-Z Anderson
      LG-Watson
      LS-Kreiter
      RG-Ray
      RT-???
      RW-Janovich
      RA-Parks
      PP-Simmons
      Last edited by Butler By'Note; 08-20-2016, 11:03 PM.

      Comment


      • #48
        He looked good again, very decisive runner for a rookie, with the ability to shake off tackles and gain extra yards.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          Bibbs was playing left wing on the punt team in the first half. The fact he's playing there convinces me that they're giving him the chance to earn a spot on the team. Thompson was not not he punt team in the first half (I've only watched the first half so far) and in the stats he didn't get any carries, so Bibbs might be in a much better spot to make the team than I had thought.

          From the first half, I believe it was:
          LA-Webster
          LW-Bibbs
          LT-Z Anderson
          LG-Watson
          LS-Kreiter
          RG-Ray
          RT-???
          RW-Janovich
          RA-Parks
          PP-Simmons
          Juwan did not play at all that I could see in the 1st half but he did play on ST in the 2nd while Bibbs did not, but Bibbs did get some carries and had a couple good runs, especially one that put us inside the 10 and Lynch threw to Phillips for a TD. Thompson did not play FB that I recall but he did get a couple of plays in a single back formation but I don't recall him getting a carry. Bibbs did OK picking up rushers while in the TB/RB position but sometimes barely held his own against LBs/DL.

          Booker ran the ball well, he did well when he touched the ball but he did miss a block on a rusher on one play, I think Lynch was sacked on that play. Hillman ran the ball fairly well and he did get a chance to return a kick and was OK at best. I could not see whether Hillman actually played on ST, I don't think he did other than the kick return he made. Hillman sucks as a receiver though.
          I hate to get rid of any them but Hillman doesn't seem to stand out and is scheduled to get paid 2M, that might be the deciding factor for him staying on the team?
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #50
            Not only does Booker look good but now that CJ has some real competition he seems to be taking it a notch as well.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

            Comment


            • #51
              I think Hillman and Thompson should both be cut. CJ, Booker and Bibbs are clearly the top 3 and Bibbs can play this season for like $15/hr. compared to identical, if not worse play from Hillman for 1+mill.

              If they learned anything from Harris or Anderson is that when a guy plays well and shows 'it' during preseason and TC, give him the chance.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by ChampPik4Six View Post
                I think Hillman and Thompson should both be cut. CJ, Booker and Bibbs are clearly the top 3 and Bibbs can play this season for like $15/hr. compared to identical, if not worse play from Hillman for 1+mill.

                If they learned anything from Harris or Anderson is that when a guy plays well and shows 'it' during preseason and TC, give him the chance.
                Hillman is scheduled to make $2M for the season; $500,000 of that is guaranteed or already paid so cutting him would save $1.5M on the season. Booker, Bibbs and Thompson together cost approximately $1.672M.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #53
                  Despite Hillman having the best yards per carry average out of all of the RBs on the roster this preseason so far (none of his carries have really come against starters though) he is arguably the most logical RB to cut. CJ and Booker are both much better options out of the backfield catching passes, and more complete RBs. Hillman does have speed, but CJ has proved he can break off big runs also.

                  Bibbs and Thompson have STs value.

                  This is all before you take into account his contract.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                    Hillman is scheduled to make $2M for the season; $500,000 of that is guaranteed or already paid so cutting him would save $1.5M on the season. Booker, Bibbs and Thompson together cost approximately $1.672M.
                    And that is precisely why I think he gets cut...

                    At this point I expect Colquitt, Sanchez and Hillman all to be cut. Gotta sign He-manuel some how and those are all logical cuts
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                      And that is precisely why I think he gets cut...

                      At this point I expect Colquitt, Sanchez and Hillman all to be cut. Gotta sign He-manuel some how and those are all logical cuts
                      So who do you think Denver will sign as a QB to the practice squad?

                      Sanchez does not inspire but at the very least he's far ahead of Lynch at this point only in terms of experience. If Siemian were made the starter, I think Sanchez would remain as a veteran backup and Lynch stashed on the roster as a project.

                      Depending on how the season goes and Lynch's development, I think he could see the field around the bye week as a starter or with late game snaps.

                      But back to the topic. Hillman's days are numbered. 4th quarter STs for a vet in a preseason game... enough said.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                        So who do you think Denver will sign as a QB to the practice squad?

                        Sanchez does not inspire but at the very least he's far ahead of Lynch at this point only in terms of experience. If Siemian were made the starter, I think Sanchez would remain as a veteran backup and Lynch stashed on the roster as a project.

                        Depending on how the season goes and Lynch's development, I think he could see the field around the bye week as a starter or with late game snaps.

                        But back to the topic. Hillman's days are numbered. 4th quarter STs for a vet in a preseason game... enough said.
                        I think it boils down to Sanchez is making $4M this year and really doesn't even look like a competent backup, much less starter...

                        Who knows what we'll do to improve that situation, but it wouldn't shock me to see him off the team.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by ChampPik4Six View Post
                          I think Hillman and Thompson should both be cut. CJ, Booker and Bibbs are clearly the top 3 and Bibbs can play this season for like $15/hr. compared to identical, if not worse play from Hillman for 1+mill.

                          If they learned anything from Harris or Anderson is that when a guy plays well and shows 'it' during preseason and TC, give him the chance.
                          Juwan Thompson is currently the backup Fullback. If I Formations are to be used a fair amount, the FB position needs depth. If Thompson is cut, another backup FB will need to be found.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                            Juwan Thompson is currently the backup Fullback. If I Formations are to be used a fair amount, the FB position needs depth. If Thompson is cut, another backup FB will need to be found.
                            If Jano goes down we will figure it out from there. We also have 3-4 TEs who can play FB if called upon. If they cut Thompson I highly doubt they sign another FB unless injuries happen.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Tarheel23 View Post
                              If Jano goes down we will figure it out from there. We also have 3-4 TEs who can play FB if called upon. If they cut Thompson I highly doubt they sign another FB unless injuries happen.
                              We did re-sign Manessah Garner. He's basically an H-Back.


                              * Upon Edit: I want a guy practicing as #2 FB all week who is available to step in if Jano goes down. If that guy is versatile enough to make the game day roster, even better.
                              Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                A little news bit from the Internet stated that hillman will most likely traded or cut on the last day . You know you can't believe all the stuff you read just thought id share it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X