Broncos' Pat Bowlen finalist for Hall of Fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    He was 3/3 because of the team Jimmy Johnson put together, and the genius trade that Johnson made with the Vikings for Herschel Walker. Johnson got a bunch of players but made the Vikings attach draft pick values to each player in case the players "got injured" and didn't make the team, so the Vikings gave each player a draft pick value (most 1st and 2nd round picks) the Vikings never thought that the Cowboys would just cut most of the players and take the picks instead. That was Jimmy Johnson the visionary.

As soon as Jerry Jones forced him out and took over as GM the Cowboys started their descent.
    I agree Jimmy Johnson was the engine behind the success of the Cowboys.

That trade is dumb in hindsight but at the time everyone though the Vikings had killed the Cowboys in that trade. I have watched a few shows that have interveiws about that trade and no one but Jimmy saw what was coming.

If Jones was worth a HoF nomination he would have put his ego in check and kept Johnson
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

With this news, honest question. Do you think Champ gets snubbed by not being first ballot? I mean, the guy was the premier player at his position for 5-6 years and top 3 at his position for close to a decade. Only Ray Lewis has more Pro Bowls for a defensive player in NFL history, has the same amount of INTs as Dion Sanders but was a much better against the run/tackling.

It just worries me the criteria in which they measure. The only thing I can see them snubbing Champ for is him finishing his career not well for the last 3 years or so. He didnt switch to safety and have a Charles Woodson sendoff.

Comment

Originally posted by ChampPik4Six View Post
        With this news, honest question. Do you think Champ gets snubbed by not being first ballot? I mean, the guy was the premier player at his position for 5-6 years and top 3 at his position for close to a decade. Only Ray Lewis has more Pro Bowls for a defensive player in NFL history, has the same amount of INTs as Dion Sanders but was a much better against the run/tackling.

It just worries me the criteria in which they measure. The only thing I can see them snubbing Champ for is him finishing his career not well for the last 3 years or so. He didnt switch to safety and have a Charles Woodson sendoff.
        Na, Champ is pretty much universally renowned as one of the greatest of all time. Even as a Bronco, no question he's first ballot.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
          Na, Champ is pretty much universally renowned as one of the greatest of all time. Even as a Bronco, no question he's first ballot.
          He played for the Broncos...so there is definitely a question if he makes it first ballot
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
            He played for the Broncos...so there is definitely a question if he makes it first ballot
            I know right?
            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by ChampPik4Six View Post

As much as I think there's a big market team bias in the HoF, I definitely think the Broncos are on the verge of getting a number of players/contributors into the HoF in the next 5 years. TD and John Lynch have been on the precipice of getting in for the last couple years. Mr. Bowlen seems to be a shoe-in among contributors/owners next year. Then you have Champ coming up in 3 years, and Peyton in 5. Then you have the long shots like Atwater and Gradishar getting senior committee votes. So I would expect to have 5 Broncos put in over the next 5 years, and up to 7 in the next 10 years.
              2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

Comment

Working...
              X