X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MileHighInNY
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    My thought is, if Lynch can play as well as he did with the 3's and 4's, he has to be a lot better with the 1's.
    This logic doesn't necessarily hold, though; while Paxton has looked good playing with the 3s and 4s, he has generally faced 3rd- and 4th string defenses as well. I'm encouraged by his progress, but there's a big difference between playing against backup defenders using vanilla schemes in the preseason, and playing against starters once coordinators unleash their playbooks after the season starts. Lynch is doing well but let's not go too far overboard in extrapolating his performance beyond what it actually has been so far.

That said, I do think he has earned a shot to start a game to see how he performs with and against starters.

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    Unfortunately the Broncos need someone to protect the ball better. I'd say he knows how to drive the ball downfield, but when it counts to not let mistakes get to you, he doesn't seem to get past it like a vet should. I feel pretty bad for Sanchez, but he is who he is. We shouldn't take away opportunities for other QBs on our team if Sanchez isn't up to par.

Though honestly the race isn't over by any means. Each QB next game will play a third of the game, so Sanchez still has a chance to prove he can play without turning the ball over. Similarly Siemian still has a chance to lose the starting position, etc., so nothing set in stone yet.

Leave a comment:

• ArchAngel
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    People can change...Jake Plummer is an example of that. The problem is Sanchez isn't turning that corner yet and he doesn't have time to make that transition from who he is, to who he's capable of if he cuts down the turnovers.

He basically needed to show he was capable of changing by cutting down the turnovers in the preseason, he hasn't done that. At this point, go with the best QB and through two games that's been Lynch. The other two have started a game, let him start game 3 (for at least a quarter or more) and see how he rolls with the 1's. If he looks good, start him week one, if not, roll with Trevor.
    Plummer didnt change though. Other than 2005, he was still a turn over machine, albeit, an exciting one. Thats why Shanahan benched him in 2006.

Leave a comment:

• WYBRONCO
    replied
    People can change...Jake Plummer is an example of that. The problem is Sanchez isn't turning that corner yet and he doesn't have time to make that transition from who he is, to who he's capable of if he cuts down the turnovers.

He basically needed to show he was capable of changing by cutting down the turnovers in the preseason, he hasn't done that. At this point, go with the best QB and through two games that's been Lynch. The other two have started a game, let him start game 3 (for at least a quarter or more) and see how he rolls with the 1's. If he looks good, start him week one, if not, roll with Trevor.
    I too wish Lynch was given a chance to start game 3 if nothing else to get him live reps against another teams first string defense. Heck maybe even expand his playbook a bit to see if he can run a play or audible into a play that he hasn't run much in a game situation. The interception at end of the game was really not a big deal. Lynch's sacks were almost unavoidable. He has played quite well in the limited offense he has been given. That is not to say TS has not played well, the interception and his recovery were a little shaky. QB's need to know they can make a 1 poor decision and not get yanked the next series.

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    This is true and I believe that this is the most logical scenario and what we have to rally around if we want to have a legitimate shot this season.
    The only problem with your opinion is others "believe that the only logical scenario and player to rally around if we want to have a legitimate shot this season" could also be Sanchez or Lynch.

Nothing is clear. Sanchez's inability to lock down this job as Elway expected when he traded for him has turned into a nightmare for Kubiak. A starter has to be named. Sadly none have truly earned it to this point.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
    I have to agree with this. Didn't get to watch live, but by following the game here it looked like TS played OK then completely fell apart after the pick. I though TS looked pretty good, especially considering his lack of experience. Still can't figure out why people are commenting on his play after the pick, only a couple plays. He looked good for the most part, and has the best ceiling for the year of all QBs.
    This is true and I believe that this is the most logical scenario and what we have to rally around if we want to have a legitimate shot this season.

Leave a comment:

• SMR81
    replied
    Originally posted by DarkHorse26 View Post
    Gotcha, yeah I would watch his play first before accepting some of the opinions around here or by only looking to the stat lines. I personally think Siemian won the starting job with his performance over Sanchez. With his limited game experience, he is only going to get better and more comfortable within this offense.

But again, take a look for yourself.
    I have to agree with this. Didn't get to watch live, but by following the game here it looked like TS played OK then completely fell apart after the pick. I though TS looked pretty good, especially considering his lack of experience. Still can't figure out why people are commenting on his play after the pick, only a couple plays. He looked good for the most part, and has the best ceiling for the year of all QBs.

Leave a comment:

• TH3JUICEMAN
    replied
    Sanchez being Sanchez.

He aint changing, he is who he is, a TO machine. In a perfect world we all wish he could pull a Plummer, but that isn't happening.

Leave a comment:

• DarkHorse26
    replied
    Originally posted by RobertR View Post
    I haven't seen the game. I'm relying on the impression of others, who said that Siemian seemed tentative after the interception.
    Gotcha, yeah I would watch his play first before accepting some of the opinions around here or by only looking to the stat lines. I personally think Siemian won the starting job with his performance over Sanchez. With his limited game experience, he is only going to get better and more comfortable within this offense.

But again, take a look for yourself.

Leave a comment:

• RobertR
    replied
    Originally posted by DarkHorse26 View Post
    You were troubled by an incomplete pass after a long injury timeout and a dropped pass?
    I haven't seen the game. I'm relying on the impression of others, who said that Siemian seemed tentative after the interception.

Leave a comment:

• DarkHorse26
    replied
    Originally posted by RobertR View Post
    Neither Sanchez nor Siemian seized the position. Siemian's reaction to his interception troubles me. Starting a very raw rookie with a less than impressive offensive line does not inspire confidence.
    You were troubled by an incomplete pass after a long injury timeout and a dropped pass?

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied
    Originally posted by Rastic View Post
    It is Sanchez's opportunity to lose - and he might. But let's give the QB whisperer a chance to decide who will start and then really work with him.

Though, to be fair, guys that Kubiak that had a reboot of their career, like Schaub, they were the clear starters if I remember correctly, already established on their teams. Sanchez is a recently acquired FA who brought lots of baggage with him and only because there weren't better options at the time. It was clear from before day one he'd be fighting for a spot (favored) with a second year player from day one. That's not the best way to come in to a new team.
    Actually if I remember correctly, Schaub was the back up for Atlanta and had played in some games in the previous years due to injury to Vick when Houston then acquired him and made him their starter. Sanchez was the same with Philly although he was starter with Jets. Unfortunately, Sanchez's down fall has been his propensity for shooting himself in the foot with neg plays and turnovers. Much the same as Schaubs at the end.

I have a lot of faith in Kubiak and am hoping for the best. But, realistically I feel as though sometimes you just can't change the nature of the beast. Some things you just can not control when dealing with another human being.

I am obviously going to continue to hope for the best, and if anyone can do it, Kubes can. Time will tell. Its only the 2nd preseason game so we do still have some time.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Sanchez self sack, call up Peyton for some training

Leave a comment:

• RobertR
    replied
    Neither Sanchez nor Siemian seized the position. Siemian's reaction to his interception troubles me. Starting a very raw rookie with a less than impressive offensive line does not inspire confidence.

Leave a comment:

• Assassin27
    replied

I agree! Lets see what the kid can do. If he looks bad go with Trevor.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X