Free agent defensive lineman Henry Melton visiting Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free agent defensive lineman Henry Melton visiting Broncos

The Broncos are looking to add depth to the defensive line.

Free agent defensive lineman Henry Melton will visit the team on Sunday, according to ESPN’s Jenna Laine.
    Source: http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2016...-henry-melton/

I think he has a chance to fit well as a 3-4 DE, he's got the ideal size at 6'3" 290lbs. Not bad sack numbers on his career, either:

http://www.nfl.com/player/henrymelton/238403/profile
    Last edited by Bootleg; 08-21-2016, 03:21 PM.

Antonio Smith is available, too, I believe.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Hasn't quite been the same since he tore his ACL but this will be his third year removed from it so hopefully his first step has returned and he can return to form. He was right up there with Geno Atkins in Chicago

Comment

And...........signed.

Comment

I like this signing. Lets see what he's got.
          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

I'll change the thread title.

Hopefully he can get some reps in the next 2 games, contribute, and most importantly stay healthy

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              Antonio Smith is available, too, I believe.
              I wonder why we haven't considered bringing him back. That guy was a beast for us last year.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                I wonder why we haven't considered bringing him back. That guy was a beast for us last year.
                Supposedly he was gonna retire but i guess Denver wanted to get younger.

Comment

Melton was up there with the elite interior rushers before his injury.

Hasnt been the same since then.

Denver's DL got bulled vs SF, he's only played in 4-3 schemes so interesting how he fits in Wade's scheme.

Comment

I like this signing but I must say returning to his elite form is a long shot but stranger things have happened.

Comment

I am not sure he has to be elite. He just has to be good enough to make teams think twice about who they double-team and hopefully he is good enough to make them pay if they make the wrong decision.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                        Melton was up there with the elite interior rushers before his injury.

Hasnt been the same since then.

Denver's DL got bulled vs SF, he's only played in 4-3 schemes so interesting how he fits in Wade's scheme.
                        Even the year after in Dallas he flashed with 5 sacks. He wasn't much of a run defender in 4-3 schemes and as a situational rusher in a 3-4 I think he could get back to 5-7 sacks. I wish I got the chance to watch him last season, low numbers but McCoy may be the reason rather than him not being fully healthy.

Comment

Here's the ESPN clip from when he signed with the Cowboys...

https://youtu.be/Nk6NpeWobLs

and with the Bucs...

https://youtu.be/KQ3HB0Bantw

Comment

Working...
                          X