75 man roster cuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 75 man roster cuts

The deadline for teams to trim to 75 is Tuesday at 4pm Eastern. As of this writing (Monday morning) roughly 10 teams have made their first series of cuts. Anyone know if the Broncos like to make their cuts early or late? Should I be glued to Twitter today or tomorrow?

Linebacker Frank Shannon cut.
    O-lineman Mathu Gibson cut.
    Last edited by ramanboy33; 08-29-2016, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ramanboy33 View Post
      Linebacker Frank Shannon cut.
      O-lineman Mathu Gibson cut.
      I think that is Frank Shannon but who's counting.
      sigpic

Comment

The Denver Broncos parted ways with the following players: Manasseh Garner, Antonio Glover, Calvin Heurtelou, Cameron Jefferson, David Moala, Durron Neal, DeVier Posey, Darnell Sankey and Brandian Ross. Along with previous reported cuts of Mathu Gibson and Frank Shannon.
        http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/8...-multiple-cuts

Comment

Wonder if Dekoda or Zaire makes the team...surely they both can't
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
            Why not?

"Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              Why not?

That's true, they'd essentially be taking Danny T and McCree's spot.

I really like Zaire Anderson. Big time thumper up the middle.
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                Both will make it. Watson is the #5 OLB like Lerentee McCray last season, only better. Anderson is the #3 ILB as it looks like he's surpassed Corey Nelson. Will Nelson make the team? That's the question. 9 LBs does not look realistic so I guess Nelson is out. He has not done anything to stand out in the games.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                  Both will make it. Watson is the #5 OLB like Lerentee McCray last season, only better. Anderson is the #3 ILB as it looks like he's surpassed Corey Nelson. Will Nelson make the team? That's the question. 9 LBs does not look realistic so I guess Nelson is out. He has not done anything to stand out in the games.
                  I'm guessing D-Line, Backers and DBs will all be two deep + one: 7 D-Line; 9 Backers; 9 DBs.

After that, just start filling in the names. I think Watson could play inside/outside. Nelson will be released only if Norman or maybe Kragen beat him out, but that seems unlikely. Dora, Sulleyman and Yarbrough had good TC/Preaseason, but they are Outside Backers. Backers are the heart and soul of the four main STs, so having nine is good for STs.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Colquitt released:

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/8...itton-colquitt

Comment

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 38s

#Broncos put Graham on IR, Addison, Roberts released. #Denver7

This with Colquitt being released and it looks like the roster is now down to 75

Comment

Got my wish on Roberts.
                        sigpic

Comment

Too bad Addison never got a chance to show what he could do on punt returns, seems like every punt he got was a fair catch situation.

Comment

So we're running with the young bucs at QB and punter.

Maybe ticket prices will go down?

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                              Too bad Addison never got a chance to show what he could do on punt returns, seems like every punt he got was a fair catch situation.
                              I'm sure if the coaches thought he wasn't given enough of a chance they would have passed him at least through this round of cuts.

Comment

Working...
                              X