Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, Colquitt. No hard feelings?

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if that was actually Colquitt in Dixon's uniform tonight.

They were the same punter tonight except Dixon is millions of dollars cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
        So, Colquitt. No hard feelings?
        Just give him a sec, Jeesh. Punters aren't immuned to dealing with the ups and downs of being a rookie.

Also, Kubiak said he was working on a new technique tonight. Not sure why coaches would do that now.
        Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 09-01-2016, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
          Just give him a sec, Jeesh. Punters aren't immuned to dealing with the ups and downs of being a rookie.

Also, Kubiak said he was working on a new technique tonight. Not sure why coaches would do that now.
          I expect him have the same short leash McManus had as a rookie. No need to compromise our defense by giving the opponent a short field to work with. Let's not relive the Mitch Berger experience.

One thing I have noticed about Dixon is that his hang time is awesome, but his net average is in the lower percentile when compared to other punters. What good is a hang time of 5 seconds when's it's only going like 35 yards? Especially if we're pinned inside our own territory. The opposing offense would already be in field goal range.

Comment

You gotta trust the organization

....seriously, though. ... the Broncos must know what they're doing. They're not dummies. They just got finished winning the world championship if you're looking for something to grab a hold of.

It bugs me to hear the media claiming the Broncos are trying to save a measly 1-2million. - you have to consider the big picture. There's only so much money to go around. Those are the rules of the NFL. I suspect the Broncos are making room for Emanuel Sanders. At least I sincerely hope that's who they're finding money for. If not him - they're trying to find money for someone.

Before blaming the Broncos for 'saving money' - look toward Von Miller who wouldn't give any ground to help the Broncos financially. (As far as I know about his contract) It was after all a record contract by a non QB.

Yet the media is claiming the Broncos are contradicting themselves by not abiding by the tenet "the best player is the one who gets the roster spot". Usually that's the case, but as we all know-- with a salary cap - tough decisions have to be made every season.
            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

I expect him have the same short leash McManus had as a rookie. No need to compromise our defense by giving the opponent a short field to work with. Let's not relive the Mitch Berger experience.

One thing I have noticed about Dixon is that his hang time is awesome, but his net average is in the lower percentile when compared to other punters. What good is a hang time of 5 seconds when's it's only going like 35 yards? Especially if we're pinned inside our own territory. The opposing offense would already be in field goal range.
              I agree for the most part. But, he's averaging 42 yards per punt, not 35 lol. And if you take away the one really bad shank, he's averaging 43 yards per punt with a hang time of 5 seconds. It's about the same Average we got from Colquitt last year. Not that 43 yards per punt is great by any means. But, I don't think it deserves the hyperbole of 35 ypp to make your point.

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                I agree for the most part. But, he's averaging 42 yards per punt, not 35 lol. And if you take away the one really bad shank, he's averaging 43 yards per punt with a hang time of 5 seconds. It's about the same Average we got from Colquitt last year. Not that 43 yards per punt is great by any means. But, I don't think it deserves the hyperbole of 35 ypp to make your point.
                This is the scouting report:

Average leg strength. Punting average helped along by some bounce and roll punts. Dome kicker who showed some issues with wind at times when venturing outdoors.

Comment

Average leg strength. Punting average helped along by some bounce and roll punts. Dome kicker who showed some issues with wind at times when venturing outdoors.
                  Scouting reports don't matter at this point. He's made the team, Joe D has and will be working with him. Obviously they were impressed with his raw abilities, now like with any rookie, the coaches need to refine it and make it better.

Comment

Not sure what the purpose of that is for. I'm sure the Broncos have their own scouting report on him and they've obviously liked enough of what they've seen. I never said he had above level leg strength. I said that he is averaging pretty much 8 yards more than you exaggerated. That isn't claiming he has a monster leg. That's only putting a fact out there.

Comment

Signed by the Browns for a year.
                      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                      X