This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    He wants to get paid, of course he wants to stay. Don't blame him.
    Or maybe he actually is a nice guy and wants to try and contribute to a quality team? Mark has never struck me as the greedy type.

If he stays he'll likely be required to restructure his contract, I'm sure he's aware of this and thus willing to do so if he's willing to stay.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
      This may have been answered on another "Sanchez" thread but quick question.

If the Broncos trade him to the Vikings do the Broncos still owe the Eagles a sixth?

Or would they keep that since Sanchez did not make the team and also benefit from whatever the Vikings are giving?
      It's a 7th and yes I believe we're still on the hook for it I believe.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
        Wasnt some dude picked up in this years draft a WR from Berlin or something.Forget his name but White guy WR(No racism intended but this should narrow it.LOL.)
        Moritz Boehringer, a 6'4" 227lb WR from Schwabisch Hall, a team in the German Football League, was drafted in the sixth #180 by Minnesota, and he's still on the team, I think. The German Football League has sixteen teams and is not affiliated with the NFL. I think they play college rules.

There are American Football Leagues in Europe. John Grisham wrote a novel, Playing for Pizza, about a former NFL guy playing for Parma in the Italian Football League.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
          Minor league baseball and hockey games are affordable and I always have a lot of fun when I attend.

If there was a developmental team in my area I honestly would probably attend more of those games then NFL games.

Owners get mad because they can not charge $14 for beer but the fact I am not paying 5 bills min to attend is a big reason why I would go.
          MLB teams have numerous farm teams. The Rockies have six this year. One wonders what the cost and return is on that, and if the NFL has done an analysis. Other football leagues have been tried, but one launched by the NFL would have a greater chance of success.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
            Mark also said he'd do anything to help Trevor in any way he can. He's very professional and it's things like this that make me want to root for him.
            We could definitely use the veteran leadership on offense especially if players on both sides of the ball like Mark.

Both Jake Plummer and Kyle Orton get a lock for the locker room behind the scenes. I think Mark could be very valuable in this sense.

Comment

My guess is the Broncos will end up cutting him. Don't see them keeping him as insurance.
              ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                We could definitely use the veteran leadership on offense especially if players on both sides of the ball like Mark.

Both Jake Plummer and Kyle Orton get a lock for the locker room behind the scenes. I think Mark could be very valuable in this sense.
                Well after hearing how Lynch played last night, I'm worried that they are going to cut him. I don't think they should. But it seems like a foregone conclusion according to Schefter.

Granted I didn't watch the game yet, just going off the comments from the boards, the score and the highlights.
                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                  Well after hearing how Lynch played last night, I'm worried that they are going to cut him. I don't think they should. But it seems like a foregone conclusion according to Schefter.

Granted I didn't watch the game yet, just going off the comments from the boards, the score and the highlights.
                  Watch the game. Lynch was not horrible. Actually had some really good plays and throws at times. Seemed to run the huddle, play clock and make the right play most of the time.

O-line was a complete joke and did him no favors. Broncos were definitely using the last guys on the camp depth chart for sure. Couldn't sustain a run game or protect the QB. At times (and I mean multiple times) I do not think the RT even slowed down the pass rush one step. Luckily these will not be the guys we see next week. Only McGovern and possibly Day will even be on the final 53 man roster.

Going with just two QBs in Simian and Lynch is going to be a risk. A big one. But at this point I honestly do not see where Sanchez fits. Veteran leadership is with Kubiak and the coaches.

If the Broncos can get a pick for Sanchez they should do it. IMO the roster spot for a player at another position that can be a long term contributor over any positives that Sanchez will add is worth the risk. Try to find a decent practice squad eligible QB to start prepping as a 3rd QB. If the wheels fall off then you add a journeyman QB. Broncos are betting the wheels do not fall off.

Tough choice. Glad I can make it from the safety of my computer without putting millions of dollars and the fate of a franchise on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                    Watch the game. Lynch was not horrible. Actually had some really good plays and throws at times. Seemed to run the huddle, play clock and make the right play most of the time.

O-line was a complete joke and did him no favors. Broncos were definitely using the last guys on the camp depth chart for sure. Couldn't sustain a run game or protect the QB. At times (and I mean multiple times) I do not think the RT even slowed down the pass rush one step. Luckily these will not be the guys we see next week. Only McGovern and possibly Day will even be on the final 53 man roster.

Going with just two QBs in Simian and Lynch is going to be a risk. A big one. But at this point I honestly do not see where Sanchez fits. Veteran leadership is with Kubiak and the coaches.

If the Broncos can get a pick for Sanchez they should do it. IMO the roster spot for a player at another position that can be a long term contributor over any positives that Sanchez will add is worth the risk. Try to find a decent practice squad eligible QB to start prepping as a 3rd QB. If the wheels fall off then you add a journeyman QB. Broncos are betting the wheels do not fall off.

Tough choice. Glad I can make it from the safety of my computer without putting millions of dollars and the fate of a franchise on the line.
                    Agreed. I'm not sure why there are a select few that are worried about Lynch after last nights game. Do people understand that even the best quarterbacks in the NFL struggle when they're under that kind of distress. We only need to look back to last year with Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady (afc championship game).

For all of Aaron's game and 7/8ths of Tom's game they looked pretty bad. If you had never heard of them before and didn't give credence to the idea that playing qb while having no time or space to throw is almost impossible, you'd have thought they were below below average NFL quarterbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                      Agreed. I'm not sure why there are a select few that are worried about Lynch after last nights game. Do people understand that even the best quarterbacks in the NFL struggle when they're under that kind of distress. We only need to look back to last year with Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady (afc championship game).

For all of Aaron's game and 7/8ths of Tom's game they looked pretty bad. If you had never heard of them before and didn't give credence to the idea that playing qb while having no time or space to throw is almost impossible, you'd have thought they were below below average NFL quarterbacks.
                      As one of the select few, like I said, I hadn't watched the game yet. I was basing things off the comments posted here and the limited highlights provided on the website.

Also, as one of the select few, I completely understand that if a QB has no time will struggle when under duress.

As one of the select few, I'll get back to you after I watch. And maybe I'll change my position and maybe I won't.

As one of the select few, it might take a few games by Trevor for me to relax about our QB situation, thus, it might take me a little longer to feel comfortable and give up my position as one of the select few.
                      Last edited by broncoslover115; 09-02-2016, 08:03 AM.
                      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Looking at Lynch last night I'd say we still need a vet backup regardless of who it is
                        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                          Looking at Lynch last night I'd say we still need a vet backup regardless of who it is
                          That occurred to me, too. However, Lynch's performance last night will be judged in the context of those with whom he was on the field, and by those who know what was called and why. They will look at everything from the huddle to pre-snap, post-snap vision and decisions. If Mark Sanchez is released, it means they're fine with Paxton as backup.

Comment

Well apparently the Broncos still felt depth was needed, which is fine. I hope Austin Davis stays warmed up all year long, I get the feeling he won't be a back up for very long.
                            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                              Well apparently the Broncos still felt depth was needed, which is fine. I hope Austin Davis stays warmed up all year long, I get the feeling he won't be a back up for very long.
                              Only way he sees he field is injury. This is Siemian's team right now. And if we have to go to Lynch, that's it and it's his for good. Not going any further than that.
                              #swapping

Comment

Working...
                              X