Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos lose to Cardinals 38-17, Jordan Taylor shines

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Broncos lose to Cardinals 38-17, Jordan Taylor shines

    https://www.google.com/amp/www.9news...time/312742336

    So what is everyone's take on Jordan Taylor and Emos Frazier? Taylor, he sure doesn't look like Eric Decker...

    But he sure does look a lot like Ed McCafferrey. I was really enthralled by his performance last night. I has to make this team.

    I really like the performance by IMO's freezer he's a patch the winch guy and he strived to make some exceptional place last night for being a rookie undrafted that is.

    Right now of course it is 1.DT,
    2.Emmanuel Sanders, 3.Cody Lattimer, 4.Benny Fowler, 5.Jordan Norwood, 6. Jordan Taylor, 7.Emosh Frazier.

    I will be so peeled if John Elway cuts either Jordan Taylor are emus Fraser in favor of keeping Cody Latimer just for the simple fact that Cody Latimer is a high draft pick.

    I'm not sure if it's Elways ego that is playing into this so don't kill the messenger. But if it is I hope he gets over that very quickly.

    I mean how would it have a looked if Rod Smith, Shannon Sharpe or Terrel Davis would have been cut in favor of a high draft pick just because the coach drafted a guy like Marcus Nash or Alfonzo Smith and didn't want to look bad for doing so. It happens.

    Outside of special teams and in my opinion that is all Cody Latimer is, just another one of those guys, a failed bust, drafted very high.
    Ok maybe that's too harsh so maybe he isn't a failure but I'll tell you what Jordan Taylor any frazier sure outshined him in this preseason.

  • #2
    I think the Broncos are going to carry 6 WRS IMO

    DT, Sanders, Latimer, Norwood, Fowler, Taylor.

    Mose will probably make it to the PS.
    sigpic

    Hooray, beer!

    Comment


    • #3
      I would expect Jordan Taylor to make the roster. Mose Frazier may end up on the PS.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

      Comment


      • #4
        I don't think there was ever much doubt that Taylor would make the team. The big question will be what order are the receivers going to be on the depth chart after Thomas and Sanders, and how much playing time each guy will get.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
          https://www.google.com/amp/www.9news...time/312742336

          So what is everyone's take on Jordan Taylor and Emos Frazier? Taylor, he sure doesn't look like Eric Decker...

          But he sure does look a lot like Ed McCafferrey. I was really enthralled by his performance last night. I has to make this team.

          I really like the performance by IMO's freezer he's a patch the winch guy and he strived to make some exceptional place last night for being a rookie undrafted that is.

          Right now of course it is 1.DT,
          2.Emmanuel Sanders, 3.Cody Lattimer, 4.Benny Fowler, 5.Jordan Norwood, 6. Jordan Taylor, 7.Emosh Frazier.

          I will be so peeled if John Elway cuts either Jordan Taylor are emus Fraser in favor of keeping Cody Latimer just for the simple fact that Cody Latimer is a high draft pick.

          I'm not sure if it's Elways ego that is playing into this so don't kill the messenger. But if it is I hope he gets over that very quickly.

          I mean how would it have a looked if Rod Smith, Shannon Sharpe or Terrel Davis would have been cut in favor of a high draft pick just because the coach drafted a guy like Marcus Nash or Alfonzo Smith and didn't want to look bad for doing so. It happens.

          Outside of special teams and in my opinion that is all Cody Latimer is, just another one of those guys, a failed bust, drafted very high.
          Ok maybe that's too harsh so maybe he isn't a failure but I'll tell you what Jordan Taylor any frazier sure outshined him in this preseason.
          Elway's ego? And you are comparing Smith, TD, and Sharpe to our unproven backups? That all sounds like a bit of an overreaction if you ask me.

          The best thing about the fourth preseason game is usually the end. Most guys who played last night will be gone. A few others are candidates for the practice squad, like Frazier.

          Anderson and Taylor, they made have done enough to land a spot - especially Taylor.

          Comment


          • #6
            Taylor is obviously making this team. Kid's gonna be great.
            Adopted Poster
            AZ Snake Fan

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
              https://www.google.com/amp/www.9news...time/312742336

              So what is everyone's take on Jordan Taylor and Emos Frazier? Taylor, he sure doesn't look like Eric Decker...

              But he sure does look a lot like Ed McCafferrey. I was really enthralled by his performance last night. I has to make this team.

              I really like the performance by IMO's freezer he's a patch the winch guy and he strived to make some exceptional place last night for being a rookie undrafted that is.

              Right now of course it is 1.DT,
              2.Emmanuel Sanders, 3.Cody Lattimer, 4.Benny Fowler, 5.Jordan Norwood, 6. Jordan Taylor, 7.Emosh Frazier.

              I will be so peeled if John Elway cuts either Jordan Taylor are emus Fraser in favor of keeping Cody Latimer just for the simple fact that Cody Latimer is a high draft pick.

              I'm not sure if it's Elways ego that is playing into this so don't kill the messenger. But if it is I hope he gets over that very quickly.

              I mean how would it have a looked if Rod Smith, Shannon Sharpe or Terrel Davis would have been cut in favor of a high draft pick just because the coach drafted a guy like Marcus Nash or Alfonzo Smith and didn't want to look bad for doing so. It happens.

              Outside of special teams and in my opinion that is all Cody Latimer is, just another one of those guys, a failed bust, drafted very high.
              Ok maybe that's too harsh so maybe he isn't a failure but I'll tell you what Jordan Taylor any frazier sure outshined him in this preseason.
              Do you mean in the Freudian or Jungian sense?
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
                Taylor is obviously making this team. Kid's gonna be great.
                I am impressed with his strength and speed to go along with his hands and route running. I thought he had a shot at the roster, but he has performed better than I thought he would. It's good to have smart guys around, too.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                Comment


                • #9
                  After his performance last night I'm convinced that if Taylor doesn't make the team, he won't clear the waivers to make the practice squad. Someone will pick him up.
                  Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                    Elway's ego? And you are comparing Smith, TD, and Sharpe to our unproven backups? That all sounds like a bit of an overreaction if you ask me.

                    The best thing about the fourth preseason game is usually the end. Most guys who played last night will be gone. A few others are candidates for the practice squad, like Frazier.

                    Anderson and Taylor, they made have done enough to land a spot - especially Taylor.
                    I'm just saying it would've been crazy to keep guys like Melvin Bonner or Cedric Tilman over Rod Smith at the time because the coach or GM drafted them higher while smith was undrafted.

                    It may be a ridiculous comment or thought but I'm just hoping that Jordan Taylor or Fraser arent blackballed on the depth chart in favor of Cody Latimer because of where he was drafted oppose to where they were.

                    In all honesty he I don't think Fraser stays on the practice squad very long, some other team will pick him up.

                    That is what irks me, I'm not hating on Cody Latimer at all but it is clear that he is a very undependable player right at the moment while we have two young studs at the same position that in my opinion are worth a hell of a lot more to this team right now.

                    Forgive me for blaming this on Elways ego, and anybody that wants to come back at me with a smart remark for saying so but I'm thinking these two wide receivers are going to be overlooked in Cody Latimer's favor by John Elway because of Cody Latimer's draft position.

                    Now my point was and I know hindsight is 2020 but would Melvin bonnet have been kept on the roster over Rod Smith just because of his draft position and potential? It didn't happen that way then and it should not happen That way now with Fraser, Taylor and Lattimer.
                    Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-02-2016, 08:09 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                      I'm just saying it would've been crazy to keep guys like Melvin Bonner or Cedric Tilman over Rod Smith at the time because the coach or GM drafted them higher while smith was undrafted.

                      It may be a ridiculous comment or thought but I'm just hoping that Jordan Taylor or Fraser arent blackballed on the depth chart in favor of Cody Latimer because of where he was drafted oppose to where they were.

                      In all honesty he I don't think Fraser stays on the practice squad very long, some other team will pick him up.

                      That is what irks me, I'm not hating on Cody Latimer at all but it is clear that he is a very undependable player right at the moment while we have two young studs at the same position that in my opinion are worth a hell of a lot more to this team right now.

                      Forgive me for blaming this on Elways ego, and anybody that wants to come back at me with a smart remark for saying so but I'm thinking these two wide receivers are going to be overlooked in Cody Latimer's favor by John Elway because of Cody Latimer's draft position.

                      Now my point was and I know hindsight is 2020 but would Melvin bonnet have been kept on the roster over Rod Smith just because of his draft position and potential? It didn't happen that way then and it should not happen That way now with Fraser, Taylor and Lattimer.
                      I'd be fine if we cut Cody Lattimer to be honest. The guy has underachieved since he showed up.
                      Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I have to agree. If Latimer were ab undrafted rookie he would have been cut a couple seasons ago. With that said he showed alot of improvement in the early pre season games as if he could finally become a reliable 3rd option. My problem is he progresses slow and may have hit his ceiling early. WR is one of those positions where you can find gems in late round picks and undrafted guys. Hate to cut a guy who shows alot of promise and may progress quickly for a guy that has underperformed based on him being picked in the 2nd round.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                          I have to agree. If Latimer were ab undrafted rookie he would have been cut a couple seasons ago. With that said he showed alot of improvement in the early pre season games as if he could finally become a reliable 3rd option. My problem is he progresses slow and may have hit his ceiling early. WR is one of those positions where you can find gems in late round picks and undrafted guys. Hate to cut a guy who shows alot of promise and may progress quickly for a guy that has underperformed based on him being picked in the 2nd round.
                          In my eyes, both Frazier and Taylor have a bigger long term upside than Cody. It does suck to cut draft picks only a few years out from drafting them but the guy is honestly just not that great.
                          Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'd cut Cody Lattimer. He's not sticking out as much as 17

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                              In all honesty he I don't think most Fraser stays on the practice squad very long some other team will pick him up.
                              There will be a lot of good WRs released tomorrow because there isn't room for them on the roster. Probably about one or two per team will end up on their PS. Jordan Taylor and Mose Frazier had big performances last night. So did Jaxon Shipley and Marquis Bundy. What the NFL needs is a larger PS, or some kind of developmental league or academy.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X