Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
    The team loves phillips.
    Heuerman is making the squad, they still have high (too high imo) hopes for him.

Latimer has done more than sunshine has. The point it, that latimer is liked more and has more potential, has shown more through camp and pre-season, is one of out best ST players on the entire team and on and on. He is not going to get cut. He is likely to be a pretty significant contributor for us. Latimers problem has always been that his brains were formed in his ass. He couldnt grasp anything from the peyton offense. This one he can because they wrote it in crayon. He is still far and away superior to taylor, frazer and anyone else. He is not 3rd on depth chart because he was a 2nd rd pick.
    Well, that's a bit of an overstatement. The offense Peyton Manning called at the LOS is very low volume compared to Kubiak's. The difference is that Peyton had to communicate with his teammates in a verbal/non-verbal code right in front of the D during the 40 second play clock. Kubiak uses a script which is practiced and run in the same order during a game.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Mose Frazier just released.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Not posting this to advocate for Latimer over any player. Kubiak said he talked with Cody and explained he needed to commit to learning the playbook. Kubiak said that because he did not fully understand the offense he played slower. This makes sense as with his play on ST - he just got after it.

In camp, Kubiak said Cody made the commitment and he's like night and day. This is not something Elway did for Latimer - this was a player that chose to improve. We could see the difference in preseason games and reports from camp.

Lot of people love the toughness of our defense. Latimer can add that to the offense. After watching ST play last night - glad we have players like Latimer.
        Last edited by Fantaztic7; 09-02-2016, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          Mose Frazier just released.
          I hope nobody else snags him, I'd like to see him on the practice squad.

Comment

If we're going to keep only 5 WRs...
            and it came down to Latimer or Norwood,
            then I would keep Latimer.

Thomas, Sanders, Fowler, Taylor, Latimer

C. Latimer
            23 yrs, 6-2, 215, 4.4 speed
            3 year vet,
            2015 stats: 6 catches, 59 yards, 1 TD
            Salary: 1.01M in 2016, 1.2M in 2017

J. Norwood
            29 yrs, 5-11 180, 4.58 speed
            7 year vet,
            2015 stats: 22 catches, 207 yards, 0 TDs
            Salary: 880K in 2016, FA in 2017

Comment

I read this on the DP page.

On Thursday, the Los Angeles Rams signed receiver Tavon Austin to a four-year contract with $30 million guaranteed. It suddenly changed the terms on Sanders’ negotiations, raising his market value. In the past two years, Sanders has 177 receptions for 2,539 yards. Austin has 77 catches for 715 yards over the same span.

Indirectly, Austin’s deal with the Rams eventually may price Sanders out of Denver.
              If this is true, I would expect Jordan to be able to fight for the #2 position. I'd hate to lose Emmanuel but I understand it is business. Jordan seems to fight for the ball and can catch most everything in his range with consistency. Latimer has definitely dropped down IMO. I like Mose too, but haven't seen much of him but considering he was a teammate of Lynch helps him if they can resign him for the PS.
              Last edited by haciendadad; 09-04-2016, 08:52 AM.
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
                I read this on the DP page.

If this is true, I would expect Jordan to be able to fight for the #2 position. I'd hate to lose Emmanuel but I understand it is business. Jordan seems to fight for the ball and can catch most everything in his range with consistency. Latimer has definitely dropped down IMO. I like Mose too, but haven't seen much of him but considering he was a teammate of Lynch helps him.
                Losing Sanders would make me vomit. We're saving money on Trevor, Hillman, Colquitt, etc. Sanders is a leader on this team, plays with incredible heart. There has got to come a time when we keep our good players around. The possibility of losing Sanders will really piss me off.

Perhaps they should ask DT to restructure and give up some of his money so they can give it to the WR who seems to come through more often..

And the Pats want him BAD.
                Last edited by broncoslover115; 09-04-2016, 08:57 AM.
                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                  Losing Sanders would make me vomit. We're saving money on Trevor, Hillman, Colquitt, etc. Sanders is a leader on this team, plays with incredible heart. There has got to come a time when we keep our good players around. The possibility of losing Sanders will really piss me off.
                  I feel the same way. He's definitely a leader! and he always shows up unlike DT who disappears every now and then. For the money that DT is making, I am down on him for this. Maybe they can ask DT to take a pay cut if he is outperformed by Sanders this year? With DT already underperforming for his contract, IMO, and the fact that he is past the first few years of it, he may agree.
                  Last edited by haciendadad; 09-04-2016, 08:57 AM.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
                    I feel the same way. He's definitely a leader! and he always shows up unlike DT who disappears every now and then. For the money that DT is making, I am down on him for this. Maybe they can ask DT to take a pay cut if he is outperformed by Sanders this year? With DT already underperforming for his contract, IMO, and the fact that he is past the first few years of it, he may agree.
                    There is an interview with Elway on the website. One of the questions he was asked was about how he makes decisions and how money factors in. His answer kind of surprised me. He said that you have to consider all things but that he doesn't let the money be the determining factor in his decisions and if they want someone they will make it work. That was an eye opener for me.
                    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Don't think anyone (still) on this team has played with more heart over the last few years than Sanders. Period. Dude always leaves it all on the field.

Comment

Working...
                      X