Broncos to release Sanchez, Shopping Talib

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos to release Sanchez, Shopping Talib

Per 104.3 The Fan, ESPN is reporting Sanchez is to be released and Talib is being shopped for a trade. Releasing Sanchez isn't a shock, but shopping Talib is.
    :logo:Super Bowl Bound! AGAIN!! :smash:

Talk about peeing in my cornflakes! I was so happy about the Sanchez cut..........then it was ruined by the Talib being shopped news.
    #swapping

Comment

Why would you break up the best secondary in football up? Especially right now! I hope it's not true

Comment

Maybe the coaching staff really likes what they've seen from Webster. Or maybe they feel like Talib's value is never going to be higher and it would make sense to cash in on his value. The Pats have done this with players like Deion Branch and RIchard Seymour.
        A book I wrote

Comment

There are now reports out that ESPN was reaching on the Talib report and they are false. That makes a whole lot more sense. ESPN must be drinking their bathwater again.
          :logo:Super Bowl Bound! AGAIN!! :smash:

Comment

The question I ask myself is getting rid of Talib making the team better?

Comment

Not a fan of Talib, but I doubt this report is true. For a team that will rely once again on the defense, it makes no sense to lose Talib without a competent replacement. Even with Roby playing well, the #3 CB is almost a starter nowadays. Webster has always looked unreliable in coverage (and holds too much) and Doss had a bunch of picks in practice but got burned the entire preseason.
              sigpic

Comment

Sanchez just signed to Dallas

Comment

Originally posted by IAMRED View Post
                  Wow that was extremely quick. Anyway I'm glad the reports about talib are false let's hope anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Nuts4koi View Post
                    ...Sanchez...released...

Comment

Originally posted by IAMRED View Post
                      The QB that's an "Accident Waiting To Happen"...

...is now with the team that's an "Accident Waiting To Happen".

I mean Sanchez is nothing but a poor man's Tony Romo so he'll be a perfect fit!!!

Last edited by Mel B.; 09-03-2016, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Jesse Palmer on NFLN was just asked about Talib trade rumor - he said before Elway denied the rumor he did some digging around the organization. He said multiple sources said the reports were false and were very upset about what happened - they value Talib and what he offers. Palmer also said they do not feel it is right to let the possible suspension decision go this long and it would be wrong to do anything this late before the first game.

It would not be a surprise to see a trade.
                        Last edited by Fantaztic7; 09-05-2016, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Looks like Mark gets to play behind a real O-line with some A-list receivers now, should be interesting. Good luck Bud.
                          [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                            Looks like Mark gets to play behind a real O-line with some A-list receivers now, should be interesting. Good luck Bud.
                            I really doubt he plays at all. From my understanding it's going to be the Dak Prescott show in Dallas this season (and likely every season going forward)
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                              I really doubt he plays at all. From my understanding it's going to be the Dak Prescott show in Dallas this season (and likely every season going forward)
                              I think Dak and Trevor are going to share some similar growing pains going forward. There is a reason Dallas snapped him up. As mentioned earlier, how does he look behind a real O-line with hungry receivers?

On another note, the contract Jerry gave Tony is possibly dumber than the one SF gave Kappy. Just riding that pine...
                              [sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X